Client source upgrade

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Brant
Fanatic

Re: Client source upgrade

Post by Brant » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:11 pm

Rapsey wrote:Also Mike and Rapsey should resign and make Steinburg the new developer. :roll:
One who talks in third person

Sydney cole
Novice

Post by Sydney cole » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:26 pm

Rapsey wrote:Also Mike and Rapsey should resign and make Steinburg the new developer. :roll:
2Nd this motion. Adam is quite the programmer, shame you guys shafted him some few years ago.

Rick
Unstoppable

Post by Rick » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:48 pm

No let him make a botclient?

Texey
Known Venturer

Post by Texey » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:31 pm

Can you vote no to this "update"?
//Tezey

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:43 pm

Texey wrote:Can you vote no to this "update"?
Of course. If the majority doesn't want this to happen then it won't happen. But as it stands pretty much everyone wants it, so we have to do it or PkHonor will slowly fall behind as players move to other servers that do move with the times.

Although you're basically getting what we have now + a whole lot of new features so I cannot imagine why anyone would be opposed to this. (Unless you're a bot writer and dread having to re-hook your bot, which would be yet another reason to go through with this. :P)

Texey
Known Venturer

Post by Texey » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:06 pm

Rapsey wrote:
Texey wrote:Can you vote no to this "update"?
Of course. If the majority doesn't want this to happen then it won't happen. But as it stands pretty much everyone wants it, so we have to do it or PkHonor will slowly fall behind as players move to other servers that do move with the times.

Although you're basically getting what we have now + a whole lot of new features so I cannot imagine why anyone would be opposed to this. (Unless you're a bot writer and dread having to re-hook your bot, which would be yet another reason to go through with this. :P)
New items doesn't mean better gameplay. I really enjoy it the way it is now, I played rs before any of these new items that were listed and therefore I don't understand them. I like the feeling of going back to when i used to play rs so I understand everything. I guess I'm the only one who don't want this to happend and therefore I have to live with these new updates.
//Tezey

Ain
Unstoppable

Post by Ain » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:11 pm

Texey wrote:
New items doesn't mean better gameplay. I really enjoy it the way it is now, I played rs before any of these new items that were listed and therefore I don't understand them. I like the feeling of going back to when i used to play rs so I understand everything. I guess I'm the only one who don't want this to happend and therefore I have to live with these new updates.
Your argument makes no sense seeing as pkhonor is the farthest from what Runescape once was.

Texey
Known Venturer

Post by Texey » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:13 pm

Ain wrote:
Texey wrote:
Your argument makes no sense seeing as pkhonor is the farthest from what Runescape once was.
Why don't we get a poll?
//Tezey

Mushroom tip

Post by Mushroom tip » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:24 pm

Texey wrote:
Ain wrote:
Texey wrote:
Why don't we get a poll?
With how slow items get released and how active people come out with guides you won't have to worry about no knowing which items do what

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:10 pm

Texey wrote:New items doesn't mean better gameplay. I really enjoy it the way it is now, I played rs before any of these new items that were listed and therefore I don't understand them. I like the feeling of going back to when i used to play rs so I understand everything. I guess I'm the only one who don't want this to happend and therefore I have to live with these new updates.
The addition of new features made possible by the client upgrade is not guaranteed to happen. Again, depends on what the community wants. It's pretty pointless to vote on this now since we're still miles away from that.

The first step is simply upgrading the client, giving everyone improved stability, fullscreen mode etc. After that is done we can see which of the new NPC's / items the community wants. The source upgrade is already a colossal task by itself so let's not make it even harder by treating the source upgrade + all the potential features as one atomic update. One thing at a time k. ;)