PK with 0 seconds timeplayed

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Iron bubble
Premium Donator

Re: PK with 0 seconds timeplayed

Post by Iron bubble » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:10 pm

Cadwalada wrote:
Grizzly mint wrote:
Cadwalada wrote:Ok, if you want to disregard my previous comment, what about the harassment that people can do in the wild if they have claws and an ags? People could just spam make accounts, and then ruin peoples day by double speccing with an ags, logging off, getting onto a new account and just repeating?
That's why I said I have no idea how to implement it without abuse. And yes he did buff it, but like many buffs they're hardly noticeable, and it still doesn't hit well on rune. You have a better chance at getting the kill with a d scim/veng stack than a dds.
Yeah I know, maybe prevent the use of it over like level 3?
Tbf, I've hit quite alot of big specs, my best being a 41-41. But I was wearing a torso an ddef.
Roasted by King Roald...

Sir Bubbles

Iron bubble

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:56 am

I pked in the gear for an hour or 2 tonight. I have some fairly high attack bonus, to increase my chances of actually hitting. if i had to guess i used 40-50 specs with it. out of 8 kills, i got 1 kill with the dds and it was a 34-0. nothing special.

Not to toot my own horn, but I'm a good pker, and even in this gear, it's highly inaccurate. I constantly spec 0 0, and when it does hit it's always (X,0) X being an actual hit. And to be completely honest I don't think I even hit both hits in any of my specs.

Edit: This is with turmoil btw.

Chills bank
Novice

Post by Chills bank » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:32 pm

Remember the white and blue training weapons you could get in runescape if you talked to the training people near lumbridge? for example, this: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Training_sword. I feel you should add those into as a starter set for pure's but make them virtually worthless so it's pointless to trade. Have decent stats but nothing more than dragon stats. As for magic goes, if you add in catalytic runes and elemental runes (you know the runes you were given while playing fist of guthix that basically let you use any mage combat spell?) but make those untradeable, I feel that would be enough to get new players a good taste of pking and they can also experiment different pking styles. As far as starting armor goes, I can't think of much right now but will come up with something.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:28 am

Mike?

Wir3d
Honor Player

Post by Wir3d » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:39 am

Was suggested in the pkp committee. Hopefully it'll be looked back and talked about more so we can make this server more pk friendly for newer people that join and make it fun for others that are already playing.
An Iron Noob wrote:This server would be way more successful, have greater player retention, and better, more positive vibes if it weren't for Nazuths and roddycc.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:51 am

Wir3d wrote:Was suggested in the pkp committee. Hopefully it'll be looked back and talked about more so we can make this server more pk friendly for newer people that join and make it fun for others that are already playing.
Link?

Wir3d
Honor Player

Post by Wir3d » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:19 pm

Don't think you are in the group. Couldn't see it if it was linked =( sry bby But ask ryan for confirmation that it's been talked about. hopefully mike as time now to look thru our concerns about pking and improve on them, we have alot of ideas to implement and change the way pking is and make it more accessible to newer people and older players alike.
An Iron Noob wrote:This server would be way more successful, have greater player retention, and better, more positive vibes if it weren't for Nazuths and roddycc.

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:17 pm

I hope that your suggestions are polled beforehand.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:48 pm

Wir3d wrote:Don't think you are in the group. Couldn't see it if it was linked =( sry bby But ask ryan for confirmation that it's been talked about. hopefully mike as time now to look thru our concerns about pking and improve on them, we have alot of ideas to implement and change the way pking is and make it more accessible to newer people and older players alike.
I am...that's why I asked

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:03 pm

no people should not be able to pk right away because we need to maximise the time they don't interact with kishan so that they dont develop fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva lol hehe xd