[Poll] So, what's next?

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

What would you like me to work on next?

Wrapping up, testing and releasing avatars of creation and destruction (~ 1 week)
34%
Further improving the Pest Control game & release elite void (~ 2 - 3 weeks)
27%
Further looking into pathfinding (walking back 1 - 2 steps, getting stuck while following, ~ 3 - 5 weeks)
8%
Releasing regular pets (cats, dogs and a dozen more, ~ 2 - 4 weeks for the first pet, then a few days per pet release)
4%
Adding more items to the voting shop (~ 1 - 2 weeks)
8%
Adding more clue scroll trail 'paths' (add combat challenges, add more locations, more items, etc., ~ 1 - 2 weeks)
4%
Focus on fixing all the (minor) bugs reported on the forums
6%
Focus on small changes and improvements
10%

Total votes: 142

Mike
Programmer

[Poll] So, what's next?

Post by Mike » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:22 pm

Now that I've made some improvements on the way that following players and NPC's works (and fixed the bugs that came with it), I'd like to get some feedback on how you've found it to be so far. If there are still things that need improving - at least where following players or NPC's is concerned - feel free to let me know in this thread.

I know I still haven't found a way to fix the 'occasionally walking back 1 - 2 steps', but I'm not sure if that's really a priority right now. Yes, it's a little bit annoying, but most RSPS with our base have this particular problem and most people kinda got used to it by now anyway :P (doesn't mean we don't want to improve it at some point in the future though)

Anyway, I have a few things that I have on my to-do list for the next couple of weeks, I just want to know what you folks give preference to. If you think there's other things not listed that require my attention, feel free to make your suggestion here and I might set up a second poll later on with more options.

As always, this is simply to have an idea of the (forum) community's preference towards our next short-term goals. In the end, it's still our decision what to do first, but we always take the community their opinion into consideration on these matters.

Phillip
Premium Donator

Re: [Poll] So, what's next?

Post by Phillip » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:25 pm

Do the things we've been waiting for first. The new pets should be the last thing to be finished imo. Avatars and Elite void first pl0x

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:46 pm

The system I would like to see is that you do some regular QoL updates and some bug fixes and alongside that do a bigger project. It might take a bit longer for you to get a big project ready, but there will be constant little fixes and updates.
Most options are to give us more content. I think pathing should be priority because it is a game mechanic that can be noticed through the whole game. Better pathing -> Makes the whole game experience better.
Last edited by Ruler on Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:48 pm

Sverre wrote:The system I would like to see is that you do some regular QoL updates and some bug fixes and alongside that do a bigger project. It might take a bit longer for you to get a big project ready, but there will be constant little fixes and updates.
+1.

EDIT: Also, the pathing system still feels awfully clunky.
Hard to pin-point exact things off the top of my head, but most player-npc and player-player interactions (like follow, running to that person/npc) are off.

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:05 pm

Reclick to attack when switching weapons

Asap

Blahblahdie
Fanatic

Post by Blahblahdie » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:08 pm

Appreciate you working on pathing, has been a issue for years. Right now it's not entirely bad, just a bit choppy here and there.

I feel like working on Pest Control will contribute a lot more attention to the server with the increase of players coming this summer. Elite void will give people something to do, and is a nice addition.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:11 pm

Blahblahdie wrote: I feel like working on Pest Control will contribute a lot more attention to the server with the increase of players coming this summer. Elite void will give people something to do, and is a nice addition.
I think that new content is mostly for the players that already there. New players have enough to do, they don't need extra content. I feel like something like pathing has more influence on a persons decision if they stay especially if they are deep pkers.

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:18 pm

IMO the glitch & suggestion subforums should be a priority

There's SO many great suggestions waiting to be seen, and I think everyone is happier when you do small updates all the time as opposed to one large update once every few months

Quinnlin123
Rookie

Post by Quinnlin123 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:22 pm

Wasn't zurlah supposed to come out louno ago. Around the time you released kraken.

Honor improvements you said were coming due to removing wild scouting.

Pathing- if you are in combat with a npc and right click a ground item to pick it up and it's more then a tile away your player won't move to pick up you have to stop attacking the monster first

Follow after trade due to pathing

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:27 pm

Quinnlin123 wrote:Wasn't zurlah supposed to come out louno ago. Around the time you released kraken.

Honor improvements you said were coming due to removing wild scouting.

Pathing- if you are in combat with a npc and right click a ground item to pick it up and it's more then a tile away your player won't move to pick up you have to stop attacking the monster first

Follow after trade due to pathing
1) Nope. Zulrah was never announced. He said he'd look into it, he did, he couldn't find the proper animations

2) I believe removing wild scouting was the improvement

3) That has been reported already