Let's talk a bit about pets

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Let's talk a bit about pets

Post by Mike » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:17 pm

I'd like to put the topic of pets back on the table - not that it's something I would work on right this moment, but I do want to have the concept worked out as well as possible, so I can get started on it in the near future.
We're not talking about boss pets - we're talking about regular pets.

However, I'm not yet entirely certain of how the process of "taking care of a pet until it's fully grown" would work. I do have a few ideas on which I'd like some feedback:
> They are part of a new set of achievements. Each achievement will involve one pet and will describe how you can obtain it.
> You can always only obtain a baby version of a pet
> Pets are be obtained through different means:
- Some pets are found randomly roaming all over the world
- A few pets are only obtained through hunter
- Several pets involve completing a task (if a task involves combat, there will always be an alternative task for skillers)
- If you manage to collect all pets and make them fully grown, you can obtain a TzRek-Jad pet
> In order to make a pet grow, you need to:
- Feed it. Each pet has a list of food that it can eat (it will reject anything else you offer it). Each pet will also have a 'favorite' food which is often hard to obtain but will speed up the growing process a lot.
- Walk around with it
- Gain XP or PkHonor Points or kill monsters while it's following you (adventuring)

However, I'm not yet sure what the rewards would be of having a fully grown pet follow you around. I'll need some ideas for that. As for the rest, any suggestions for improvements or changes are welcome.

Rwter
Honor Player

Re: Let's talk a bit about pets

Post by Rwter » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:34 pm

Feeding a pet on RSPS? I've never felt more lonely ;)

Still, you could feed it bones from people that you PK as a way to make it grow :afro:

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:36 pm

Focus your attention on something else. This seems utterly pointless and boring imo.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:43 pm

Funny guy wrote:Focus your attention on something else. This seems utterly pointless and boring imo.
From one side it seems interesting, from the other side it seems a bit useless. I loved the update that added boss pets. Made the game fun for me again. I am not sure what my opinion is on normal pets. I think there are a lot of things I would prefer above adding this.

Jonas
Fanatic

Post by Jonas » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:44 pm

Possible rewards:
  • Ability to buy Instances.
  • A Title (If they were to be added) in-game/forums
  • A Costume\Item
  • If the pet is from GWD, you're required only to get 50% of the KC to enter the boss and if you got all the pets, no KC at all.
Just a few ideas that came to mind

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:52 pm

Funny guy wrote:Focus your attention on something else. This seems utterly pointless and boring imo.
100% agree.

Boss pets were/are fun... and they gave/give players something to strive for.
All other pets are just a waste of time.

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:53 pm

Jad pet should be a reward from killing Jad or a possibility of getting one from sacrificing a firecape, like OSRS.
ImageImage

Blahblahdie
Fanatic

Post by Blahblahdie » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:02 pm

B0rnt0b3pk wrote:Jad pet should be a reward from killing Jad or a possibility of getting one from sacrificing a firecape, like OSRS.

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:13 pm

Amount wrote:
100% agree.

Boss pets were/are fun... and they gave/give players something to strive for.
All other pets are just a waste of time.
^ I would rather see the all the QoL suggestions in the ingame suggestions section that have been sitting there for, in certain examples, years ('smith all' for example) get dealt with, these pets are going to be interesting for a small minority of people

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:15 pm

^