Penguin Hide & Seek

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Tail spin

Re: Penguin Hide & Seek

Post by Tail spin » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:27 am

The builder wrote:
No pity wrote:
I'm thinking of giving the winner
The winner?

I thought it was a minigame you could play daily/weekly with a reward :s
Yeah that's how it was in RS... every day 3 new ones would spawn across the whole of RS, and people would go looking for them. There were entire clans devoted exclusively to hunting down and finding the penguins each day.

Perhaps this isn't like that though. I think I'd prefer it the other way, and perhaps make it more exclusive with an introductory quest needing to be completed to participate.
It was weekly and like 10 penguins

Kim
Honor Player

Post by Kim » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:28 am

YASSSSS.

Tereso09
Known Venturer

Post by Tereso09 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:32 am

10% drop rate boost lamp for 15 minutes
Only one obtainable at a time.

Tom brady
Premium Donator

Post by Tom brady » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:42 am

Rick wrote:I think everyone should be able to win here..

I think having those items as reward is wrong, as those items are already in mass amounts in the economy and is nothing special.

Perhaps you can introduce an outfit that gives you bonus XP in the Hunter skill (still the slowest skill in-game.

- Introduce penguin points, 1 point per found penguin.

- Introduce bonus xp armour (full set gives 10%? more Hunter xp) (2% per part)

- Introduce XP lamps of (50K experience? in a skill of choise) per penguin point?

This update has so much more potential to make it worth doing, having a whip or whatever as reward gives you not the "I have something" feeling, on PkHonor it's more like "ah a whip" the items are just not special enough to make this attractive.
I like this.

I don't want a new agility course though with the Werewolf course just being introduced, though.
FRO TIME :afro:
OPRAH!

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:10 am

Tom brady wrote: I like this.

I don't want a new agility course though with the Werewolf course just being introduced, though.
If it require a point per lap, it could be a course that gives high XP but can't be done on repeat as you're limited by your available points. Sort of like an additional XP boost now and then, if the other rewards don't seem appealing to you. Besides, I think the WW course is getting buffed to make random XP reward better, so it kinda fills a niche in that anyway?

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:36 am

gf life, had about half a page explanation of possible rewards, click on something else and gg.

Good stuff Mike :thumbsup:

OT: i will rewrite it later :P

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:01 am

I'm happy that new content is being developed, but when can we expect fixes to the issues with ironman mode? I know that fixing an already existing gamemode's mid-end game content won't affect player count, but I think it should be at least somewhat of a priority.

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:05 am

Simon wrote:I'm happy that new content is being developed, but when can we expect fixes to the issues with ironman mode? I know that fixing an already existing gamemode's mid-end game content won't affect player count, but I think it should be at least somewhat of a priority.
What needs fixing with Iron Man?

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:07 am

Kylo ren wrote:
Simon wrote:I'm happy that new content is being developed, but when can we expect fixes to the issues with ironman mode? I know that fixing an already existing gamemode's mid-end game content won't affect player count, but I think it should be at least somewhat of a priority.
To name a few..

- Can't do wildy bosses [main issue is with WW, but ele and glacors are affected too]
- Risky barrows doesn't work.
- PK reqs for comp (Ironmen is solo-mode..why should there be a 500 KILL requirement..they don't even get loot..?)
- Trade rights for max cape

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:22 am

Simon wrote:
Kylo ren wrote:
To name a few..

- Can't do wildy bosses [main issue is with WW, but ele and glacors are affected too]
- Risky barrows doesn't work.
- PK reqs for comp (Ironmen is solo-mode..why should there be a 500 KILL requirement..they don't even get loot..?)
- Trade rights for max cape
Okay. I just wanted you to be specific in case Mike doesn't know :P