Skilling center sneak peek

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Skilling center sneak peek

Post by Mike » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:03 pm

For those who want to take a look at the current status of the new skilling center, you can check it out on the testserver, accessible here:
> Web client (does not work in chrome and may require you to change security settings)
> Jar client
> Zip client

To enter the skilling center, simply go to the Player-Owned House portal and select the first option 'Enter the skilling center'.

The following need to be added yet:
> +5% XP bonus for premium members who train skills within the skilling center: thieving, mining, smithing, woodcutting, fishing, cooking, crafting (jewelry crafted in a furnace) prayer, agility (from the butterflies) and hunter
> Bigger ponds and fishing spots
> A few more stalls at the marketplace
> ::skilling and ::helpcenter commands
> Some implings, butterflies and chinchompas to hunt
> Making the 4 portals work (edgy, combat, skilling and slayer master)
> The (slayer) monsters and treasure rooms in the dungeon, as well as making the dungeon somewhat smaller

Aside from that, everything should be pretty much ready. I know there have been some requests for additional content (premium fountain, runecrafting altars, etc.), but for the time being, we'll keep it this way. If you see serious flaws or have ideas for improvement that are in line with what we currently have, you're always welcome to comment.

I know that the skilling center may seem very small, but this has been done on purpose to make sure new players aren't confused or get lost. We may expand it a little further if we were to add extra skills or more options for the current skills.

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Re: Skilling center sneak peek

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:08 pm

Why 5% more xp for premiums? Isn't skilling fast enough as it is?
ImageImage

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:10 pm

B0rnt0b3pk wrote:Why 5% more xp for premiums? Isn't skilling fast enough as it is?
Nty I'm only total level 2000 with 500 hours lol

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:28 pm

B0rnt0b3pk wrote:Why 5% more xp for premiums? Isn't skilling fast enough as it is?
It is...lol

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:31 pm

Pretty sure it was to give premiums a perk since this update will more or less remove the premium skilling area. Everyone can acces the helpcenter so I'm pretty sure that's the reason.
Just out of curiosity, firemaking wasn't in the 5% extra xp list. Is there a reason or did you just forget or?

Couches123
Premium Donator

Post by Couches123 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:32 pm

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:34 pm

Sverre wrote:
Pretty sure it was to give premiums a perk since this update will more or less remove the premium skilling area. Everyone can acces the helpcenter so I'm pretty sure that's the reason.
Just out of curiosity, firemaking wasn't in the 5% extra xp list. Is there a reason or did you just forget or?
There's options than boosting the xp rate.
ImageImage

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:44 pm

will there be more bank booths/deposit boxes? Trees and ores are pretty far away from the 1 bank booth there is currently.

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:46 pm

I'm not entirely sure, but I think this could be due to a misunderstanding on Mike's part.
I forget which thread, but a couple of people (including myself) raised the point that EXP rates in PoHs are buffed by a small percentage, which will act as an incentive for premiums to skill in the PoH and thus converse with new players as opposed to remaining in the premium skilling zone. Again, I could be wrong, but I believe that Mike thought we meant that he needed to give premiums an EXP bonus to this end.
Last edited by Amount on Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Subnet
Premium Donator

Post by Subnet » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:54 pm

Looks good, but I feel like their needs to be more bank booths.
Also, a suggestion for the portals would to make them look like the ones that take you to bork, frosts and even the slayer cave.