Long time no blogpost

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Long time no blogpost

Post by Mike » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:54 pm

Now that I've pretty much wrapped up some things that kept me busy IRL during the past weeks (and months, by extension), I'm glad to say that in September (and hopefully the months that come after), I'll be able to focus most of my time on PkHonor once again. As I'm sure you've noticed, a lot of bugfixes and content improvements have been rolled out in the past week and this is just the beginning.
In case you want to know what those "some things that kept me busy IRL" are, I'm afraid I cannot answer that, considering I try to keep my private life as far away from PkHonor as possible (the threat of Jagex and being Dox'ed are some of the reasons).

Either way, this also means I'll be writing some more devblog posts, as I used to do back in the old days. It's been a while since I wrote them and I'm sure that hasn't gone by unnoticed. But at least this time I get to write a "things are looking good and I got time for PkHonor" post, rather than a "sorry for not being able to work much for PkHonor because of la and bla and you already stopped reading because it's always the same thing anyway".

So let's get started.

For the next few days and weeks, while working on Ironman, I'll be teaching Vcom the important things he needs to know about the PkHonor source code (or at least the parts that I entrust him with), while also working out smaller updates like 07scape items, npc's, pets and some other bosses (such as the giant mole). If everything goes as planned, we should be able to release at least one new feature (item/npc/pet/...) each week and be able to work on multiple projects at the same time. Maybe we'll even throw a small quest in there - who knows. We'll also be working on things to make PkHonor more attractive to new players, because we notice a lot of new people coming in, but most of them leaving because they don't find PkHonor attractive enough to stay.
This also brings me to another issue: most of what we hear nowadays (as in complaints and feature requests) come from veterans and long-time players. I believe that it's time to shift our focus a little towards what new players want, so that we can convince them to stay and make our playerbase grow. It's been a while since the playerbase has grown, and I think the lack of interesting things for new players is one of the main reasons. And the main reason we don't work on features for starters, is because we get practically all of our input from veterans and not from starters.

That being said, how long ironman mode will take until its first release, I cannot say at this point, but I'll try to keep and update my progress on here as much as I can, to at least give you an idea of how far we are.

Ruler
Honor Player

Re: Long time no blogpost

Post by Ruler » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:57 pm

Seriously, if you will update every week and add pets, new boss, small quest or something, I will start playing active again. Looking forward to the new stuff!

K1l1l1l1l1l1
Champion

Post by K1l1l1l1l1l1 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:03 pm

New players want a whip of magic buff

Marco
Champion

Post by Marco » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:05 pm

Happy to heard this , let's hope i will be ''unbanned'' and able to log on pkh to try the update when they will be released... ._.
kik : clackshody83

Cadwalada
Premium Donator

Post by Cadwalada » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:05 pm

The reason why vets are giving all the input is because newer players tend not to post because they might get hate and stuff, certainly when I started playing I didn't post until a couple of months after I started playing the game. Maybe try opening a private thread if you can do that where posts would be hidden? It might bring some newer players onto the forums

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:37 pm

You had me at giant mole.

Revert the drop rates to what they were before October 2012, pvming will still remain profitable, and give new players a reason to actually pvm and make money, make curses free/reduce the cost to use them drastically, gives new players a fighting chance in the wilderness. If reverting the drop rates doesn't crash overly inflated gear, then crash the items manually, and no that doesn't mean buying out items as some foolish people have been suggesting.

Rick
Unstoppable

Post by Rick » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:07 pm

I think if you implent IronMan Mode along with Hiscores you add a whole new type of gameplay to PkHonor wich is attractive for both Veterans and New players.

Great work so far Mike, keep it up :)

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:20 pm

http://forums.pkhonor.net/viewtopic.php ... 40#p457340
That should be done, currently you can piss people off by making newer offers just to stop them from buying the items they want

Elite spirit
Known Venturer

Post by Elite spirit » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:24 pm

Great work Mike, looking forward to the new content! :thumbsup:

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:12 pm

Sweet. If I have any ideas I'll be sure to send them to you and Andres.