Long time no blogpost

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Jonas
Fanatic

Re: Long time no blogpost

Post by Jonas » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:18 pm

Fix the thanks list, so the suggestions I and Azu Rite Liked should be looked at. (They're all good and some of them are quite simple, especially for Vcom

OT: Sounds great!

Dense
Rookie

Post by Dense » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:54 am

Mike wrote: This also brings me to another issue: most of what we hear nowadays (as in complaints and feature requests) come from veterans and long-time players. I believe that it's time to shift our focus a little towards what new players want, so that we can convince them to stay and make our playerbase grow. It's been a while since the playerbase has grown, and I think the lack of interesting things for new players is one of the main reasons. And the main reason we don't work on features for starters, is because we get practically all of our input from veterans and not from starters.
http://forums.pkhonor.net/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=47647

5alood
Premium Donator

Post by 5alood » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:38 pm

Billz gates wrote:New players want a whip of magic buff
No...whip of magic nerf Pls

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:15 pm

I've pretty much finished this week's update: revenants!

This is how they're implemented right now (input is always welcome and I can always change things a bit):
> Revenants spawn randomly all over the wilderness (level 5+ only) about once every 30 seconds, mostly in areas where players come a lot. However, there is a limit to how many revenants of the same type can be alive at any given time
> Revenants do not respawn after killed, so once killed you'll have to find a new one elsewhere
> Higher level revenants will spawn mostly in deep wilderness, while low level revenants will spawn in lower wild levels (higher revenants can also spawn in low lvl wild but less often)
> Killing them grants you loot, PkHonor Points (1 - 12, random but depends on the revenant level) and sometimes also slayer points (1 - 7). Right now, the loot consists mostly of coins (10k - 2M), runes and the odd gem and rocktail. Revenant dragons also drop noted dragon bones. I'm not sure about letting them drop chaotic equipment, but I could add them as ultra rare drops. I might also make them give you something extra on death, but I'm not sure what.
> Death will give you a clue scroll which shows you an arrow pointing towards the closest Revenant

Now I mostly need to do some tweaks and rebalancing, as well as adding some more spawn points, but all this won't take too long. The biggest issue is them all being melee-only, meaning players would be able to easily kill them with melee protection prayer. I'm considering to give them the ability to hit through prayer (sometimes) and giving the higher level ones a special attack (like dragon breath for the revenant dragons).

With all that being pretty much done, I can focus the rest of my time this week on continuing ironman mode as well as a few small necessary game improvements.

Subnet
Premium Donator

Post by Subnet » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:24 pm

Mike wrote:I've pretty much finished this week's update: revenants!

This is how they're implemented right now (input is always welcome and I can always change things a bit):
> Revenants spawn randomly all over the wilderness (level 5+ only) about once every 30 seconds, mostly in areas where players come a lot. However, there is a limit to how many revenants of the same type can be alive at any given time
> Revenants do not respawn after killed, so once killed you'll have to find a new one elsewhere
> Higher level revenants will spawn mostly in deep wilderness, while low level revenants will spawn in lower wild levels (higher revenants can also spawn in low lvl wild but less often)
> Killing them grants you loot, PkHonor Points (1 - 12, random but depends on the revenant level) and sometimes also slayer points (1 - 7). Right now, the loot consists mostly of coins (10k - 2M), runes and the odd gem and rocktail. Revenant dragons also drop noted dragon bones. I'm not sure about letting them drop chaotic equipment, but I could add them as ultra rare drops. I might also make them give you something extra on death, but I'm not sure what.
> Death will give you a clue scroll which shows you an arrow pointing towards the closest Revenant

Now I mostly need to do some tweaks and rebalancing, as well as adding some more spawn points, but all this won't take too long. The biggest issue is them all being melee-only, meaning players would be able to easily kill them with melee protection prayer. I'm considering to give them the ability to hit through prayer (sometimes) and giving the higher level ones a special attack (like dragon breath for the revenant dragons).

With all that being pretty much done, I can focus the rest of my time this week on continuing ironman mode as well as a few small necessary game improvements.
Glad to hear, I think it would be beneficial for you to open up a poll on what it should drop.

Jonas
Fanatic

Post by Jonas » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:28 pm

Sounds great, Mike, good job.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:23 pm

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:27 pm

Should drop pvp armor and artifacts

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:45 pm

can someone tell me what this odd gem mike is talking about is?

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:46 pm

Sverre wrote:can someone tell me what this odd gem mike is talking about is?
Onyx dstone