Long time no blogpost

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Brant
Fanatic

Re: Long time no blogpost

Post by Brant » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:57 pm

At least let them drop corrupt gear

OT:Heres a map for you

As to special attacks

Revenant imp:No special attack
Revenant goblin:No special attack
Revenant icefiend:Every so many hits, "freezes you"
Revenant pyrefiend:Uses mage fire spells that may leave a burn on you, (much like a poison effect)
Revenant hobgoblin:Prevents you from moving
Revenant vampyre: Drains your prayer and have SS ability
Revenant werewolf:Drains your attack
Revenant cyclops:"Must me maged"
Revenant hellhound:Every so many hits "barks and sends you back X squares"
Revenant demon:"Must be range"
Revenant ork:lowers defense by 10 stats
Revenant dark beast:"Must be melee'd"
Revenant knight:lowers all your combat skills by 10
Revenant dragon: every so much hits should do "dragon damage"

Tell me which ones you agree with.

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:00 pm

Mike wrote:I've pretty much finished this week's update: revenants!

This is how they're implemented right now (input is always welcome and I can always change things a bit):
> Revenants spawn randomly all over the wilderness (level 5+ only) about once every 30 seconds, mostly in areas where players come a lot. However, there is a limit to how many revenants of the same type can be alive at any given time
> Revenants do not respawn after killed, so once killed you'll have to find a new one elsewhere
> Higher level revenants will spawn mostly in deep wilderness, while low level revenants will spawn in lower wild levels (higher revenants can also spawn in low lvl wild but less often)
> Killing them grants you loot, PkHonor Points (1 - 12, random but depends on the revenant level) and sometimes also slayer points (1 - 7). Right now, the loot consists mostly of coins (10k - 2M), runes and the odd gem and rocktail. Revenant dragons also drop noted dragon bones. I'm not sure about letting them drop chaotic equipment, but I could add them as ultra rare drops. I might also make them give you something extra on death, but I'm not sure what.
> Death will give you a clue scroll which shows you an arrow pointing towards the closest Revenant

Now I mostly need to do some tweaks and rebalancing, as well as adding some more spawn points, but all this won't take too long. The biggest issue is them all being melee-only, meaning players would be able to easily kill them with melee protection prayer. I'm considering to give them the ability to hit through prayer (sometimes) and giving the higher level ones a special attack (like dragon breath for the revenant dragons).

With all that being pretty much done, I can focus the rest of my time this week on continuing ironman mode as well as a few small necessary game improvements.
Could they PKP armour? I think that would be a good benefit for them and make them unique.

Could you also make a poll public poll about the slayer suggestion we've came with? http://forums.pkhonor.net/viewtopic.php ... 10#p460361. I'm sorry I'm pushing this so hard forward, but way too many people are abusing how the system works at the moment.
ImageImage

Rick
Premium Donator

Post by Rick » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:29 pm

Mike,

Can't you give some revenants the attack style of a dragon for example? Both Magic and Melee attacks? Or Range/Melee? I think that if it's melee only and you can just protect prayer they would be too easy and not really a challenge wich might not make them attractive?

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:39 pm

Rick wrote:Mike,

Can't you give some revenants the attack style of a dragon for example? Both Magic and Melee attacks? Or Range/Melee? I think that if it's melee only and you can just protect prayer they would be too easy and not really a challenge wich might not make them attractive?
they are supposed to hit with all combats

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:59 pm

Was looking for a GQC thread on revs, didn't find it. Wasn't expecting to have it called 'Salve amulet' :P thanks

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:26 pm

Mike wrote:
Was looking for a GQC thread on revs, didn't find it. Wasn't expecting to have it called 'Salve amulet' :P thanks
Neither was I when I found it, and you're welcome.