Improved following released on testserver

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Azu rite
Premium Donator

Re: Improved following released on testserver

Post by Azu rite » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:57 am

Dhide, armadyl, karils is like wearing metal armour vs magic on pkhonor

Marco
Champion

Post by Marco » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:12 am

Mike wrote:
Rawr wrote:
Sick ownage wrote:-> While autoattacking a target with a barrage and they enter a tree crowded area, the pathing goes wild and you loose more ground than gaining while going towards the enemy.

-> While running at a crowded area with a lot of trees, with melee, you loose some ground tp the target, but can still attack your target 3 squares away.

-> With Magic or Range, If you run around in circles around big obcastles or trees, the opponent can't attack you or you attack them.

-> Magic is way too accurate. It hit Karils like you're wearing no magic resistance....
For the first two, it's very similar to 07. As in, if someone runs through trees you get stuck. I think the biggest issue with PKH compared to 07 pathing is that if you reclick them on 07 you start following them again properly (until more trees etc) whereas on PKH you continue to lose ground endlessly.
I consider losing ground while following someone around trees more of a feature than a bug, since people can use it to lose an attacker through a dense forest or something alike. As Rawr said, that's also how I remember it being in '07, so I don't see much wrong with that. Even if that isn't entirely how following is intended to work, it adds more possibilities to the wilderness, so I think most people can get behind how it works now. Not to mention that 'fixing' this would require quite some effort (if I can pull that off at all - the mechanics behind it are quite complex).

However, if I understand it correctly, it appears that you regularly take a step back (sometimes two?) when following someone. I wonder under what circumstances this happens, because I've only encountered it on one occasion so far, which is when you're about 2 - 3 steps away from the person you're following. Can anyone explain (or show) how and when this happens, so I can work something out to prevent this from happening?

As for magic accuracy, perhaps that should be put up to a poll. Keep in mind: your magic level also influences your magic defense, so if the guy with Karil had magic level 1, chances are most spells will still hit him.
when you chase someone , he go throught a forest = gg , you lost him if he keep running which is annoying as ...

Also sometime you glitch in the tree when you try to attack him again which is annoying too
kik : clackshody83

Smdjagex
Premium Donator

Post by Smdjagex » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:55 am

Mike wrote:
Rawr wrote:
Sick ownage wrote:-> While autoattacking a target with a barrage and they enter a tree crowded area, the pathing goes wild and you loose more ground than gaining while going towards the enemy.

-> While running at a crowded area with a lot of trees, with melee, you loose some ground tp the target, but can still attack your target 3 squares away.

-> With Magic or Range, If you run around in circles around big obcastles or trees, the opponent can't attack you or you attack them.

-> Magic is way too accurate. It hit Karils like you're wearing no magic resistance....
For the first two, it's very similar to 07. As in, if someone runs through trees you get stuck. I think the biggest issue with PKH compared to 07 pathing is that if you reclick them on 07 you start following them again properly (until more trees etc) whereas on PKH you continue to lose ground endlessly.
I consider losing ground while following someone around trees more of a feature than a bug, since people can use it to lose an attacker through a dense forest or something alike. As Rawr said, that's also how I remember it being in '07, so I don't see much wrong with that. Even if that isn't entirely how following is intended to work, it adds more possibilities to the wilderness, so I think most people can get behind how it works now. Not to mention that 'fixing' this would require quite some effort (if I can pull that off at all - the mechanics behind it are quite complex).

However, if I understand it correctly, it appears that you regularly take a step back (sometimes two?) when following someone. I wonder under what circumstances this happens, because I've only encountered it on one occasion so far, which is when you're about 2 - 3 steps away from the person you're following. Can anyone explain (or show) how and when this happens, so I can work something out to prevent this from happening?

As for magic accuracy, perhaps that should be put up to a poll. Keep in mind: your magic level also influences your magic defense, so if the guy with Karil had magic level 1, chances are most spells will still hit him.
Im in Maxed Magic defense in the whole game, with 99 magic and hp. and get frozen damn near every time.....
Credits to maurits for Signature

Ali
Honor Player

Post by Ali » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:29 am

Mike, the following system when you're one space away is a hell of a lot better than currently.

The following system for distances is horrid, maybe even worst than currently though.
Last edited by Ali on Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

S y g tank
Novice

Post by S y g tank » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:24 pm

when killing wildywyrm with a mate only they get the honor points... guthix plateskirt can be worn at 1 defence thats only bugs so far.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:40 pm

S y g tank wrote:when killing wildywyrm with a mate only they get the honor points... guthix plateskirt can be worn at 1 defence thats only bugs so far.
The first one isn't a bug, since only one person can get a kill for an NPC, unless you're in the same clan and lootshare is enabled. For the second one, that's a bug not specific to the testserver, but I've added it to my todo list either way.

S y g tank
Novice

Post by S y g tank » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:38 pm

Really hoping people come to the test server ;3 its a whole lotta fun omg ;D

Il1ilill1ili
Novice

Post by Il1ilill1ili » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:35 pm

Another bug that needs fixing and would greatly improve main pking is while using soulsplit you cannot die to recoil damage. For example if you hit an 80ags spec on vengeance with 5hp and soulsplit you will end up at 20hp.

S y g tank
Novice

Post by S y g tank » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:03 pm

Could we possibly have a command that views all players online?? Instead of just the number?

S y g tank
Novice

Post by S y g tank » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:38 pm

blue boxing gloves when worn are worn in the weapon slot and not in gloves slot... yet it tells you to remove your own gloves.