Look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's... Dylan

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Donderstone2
Programmer

Look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's... Dylan

Post by Donderstone2 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:15 pm

Hey guys

I know I've been gone for a couple of weeks now, and I decided to give you all a heads up. No, I've not been in an accident or have been eaten by a bear, or anything like it. I've done a lot of pleasant and unpleasant stuff lately. First of all, my girlfriend's grandfather died. It was not pleasant at all, so I was most of the time with her for moral support. During the funeral, I got a message saying my grandmother was in a car accident. Luckily, things turned out to be OK. But I did go see her a couple of days aswell. After this, it was time for my graduation. I successfully graduated with high honors (yey me). Now, I've been spending some time here and there with friends. So that's all I've been doing for the past couple of weeks.

Now for the future. I'm going on a vacation trip starting on Thursday, and I do not plan to do anything for PkHonor until I get back. I really don't want to be bothered programming during my vacation. After that, I'll start working (on the July 20) as a programmer for a company, so I'll have somewhat less time to do work for PkHonor.

Note that this does NOT mean I quit for PkHonor at all, it's just that I'll primarily focus on smaller things, because a large project would take too long.

So yea, that's a heads up on what I've been doing and I hope you can understand it all.

Ryuui
Wise One

Re: Look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's... D

Post by Ryuui » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:18 pm

My condolences and congratulations on graduating !
Perhaps you can work on small things like the pking switching etc from danny's thread ?

Post by 25787756129 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:19 pm

Donderstone2 wrote:Hey guys

I know I've been gone for a couple of weeks now, and I decided to give you all a heads up. No, I've not been in an accident or have been eaten by a bear, or anything like it. I've done a lot of pleasant and unpleasant stuff lately. First of all, my girlfriend's grandfather died. It was not pleasant at all, so I was most of the time with her for moral support. During the funeral, I got a message saying my grandmother was in a car accident. Luckily, things turned out to be OK. But I did go see her a couple of days aswell. After this, it was time for my graduation. I successfully graduated with high honors (yey me). Now, I've been spending some time here and there with friends. So that's all I've been doing for the past couple of weeks.

Now for the future. I'm going on a vacation trip starting on Thursday, and I do not plan to do anything for PkHonor until I get back. I really don't want to be bothered programming during my vacation. After that, I'll start working (on the July 20) as a programmer for a company, so I'll have somewhat less time to do work for PkHonor.

Note that this does NOT mean I quit for PkHonor at all, it's just that I'll primarily focus on smaller things, because a large project would take too long.

So yea, that's a heads up on what I've been doing and I hope you can understand it all.
So basically the supers are:

Mike: Inactive, foreign
Dylan: Inactive, foreign
Rapsey: Not bad, foreign
Billy: Useless, foreign

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:21 pm

Sir cleanex wrote:My condolences and congratulations on graduating !
Perhaps you can work on small things like the pking switching etc from danny's thread ?
ˆ

Vik vaughn
Wise One

Post by Vik vaughn » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:27 pm

25787756129 wrote:
So basically the supers are:

Mike: Inactive, foreign
Dylan: Inactive, foreign
Rapsey: Not bad, foreign
Billy: Useless, foreign
Ye basically this

Elite spirit
Known Venturer

Post by Elite spirit » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:56 pm

Congrats Dylan.

Looks like PkHonor's programmers are far too busy. Now... I wonder where this takes us

Vik vaughn
Wise One

Post by Vik vaughn » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:06 pm

Elite spirit wrote:Congrats Dylan.

Looks like PkHonor's programmers are far too busy. Now... I wonder where this takes us
Towards a shitter server

Jonas
Fanatic

Post by Jonas » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:03 pm

My condolences and congratulations on graduating!

As you see we've got a lot of pking problems, so players thought you might fix them, but eh you don't have time for it, oh well.
Last edited by Jonas on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brandt
Premium Donator

Post by Brandt » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:49 pm

My regards go out to you and your girlfriend's families. Congratulations on graduating as well, I did myself 2 months ago; what an accomplishment. :mrgreen:

If anything, why not work on big projects? You and Mike can tackle them together. Yes, they'll take more time in the long run.. But over time it can be released. Either way you'll be putting time in, so I don't see too much of a difference. It's not like you have to get it done all in one go.

At this standpoint... I think we really need an active coder other than Mike. If less and less updates are to be released, and less time is dedicated to coding; I see this server dying fast. Another coder would be GREAT.

Jousipamppu
Premium Donator

Post by Jousipamppu » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:43 pm

Good to hear from you Dylan! Devastating to hear that your absence was due to such saddening events.

And congratulations on your graduation! It's great that, despite all the sadness, there are things to be happy about, a hint of sunshine if you may.

Once you get back here, focus on our combat as stated above. Until then... Take care!