Some more on bounty hunter

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Rainingagain
Known Venturer

Re: Some more on bounty hunter

Post by Rainingagain » Thu May 14, 2015 5:04 am

Mike wrote:
Rainingagain wrote:Just curious will there be a different realm or something for BH? Or will it be anytime you enter the wilderness?
Anytime you enter the wilderness, both in normal and oldschool wild (but you can obviously only get a target in the same wilderness type).

There is however an NPC in Edgeville (Nastroth) who can disable Bounty Hunter for you if you don't want to participate.

With all that being said, I'm currently working out the latest anti-abuse features and prepping the client and server for release.
I expect everything to be done this evening, but I'm going to do the actual update tomorrow in the early afternoon (in the morning for Americans) so we can keep an eye on it during the whole day just incase something happens.
I know that the release of BH is taking longer than expected, but at least it's finally there!

That's awesome, can't wait! Hopefully it'll bring up wilderness activity!

Great work, Mike!

Boise state
Premium Donator

Post by Boise state » Thu May 14, 2015 11:51 pm

No pity wrote:Gz on 3k posts.

Also, just make server announcements (which can be toggled) when a person has killed a significant amount of bounties without dieing; if the person is legit then it's all good but if bigdickboi69 who has 12 hours played is on a 20 bounty streak then a witch hunt will occur and he can be dealt with.

Dammit, don't release my Alt's name like that.

Okaytbh

Post by Okaytbh » Sat May 16, 2015 12:31 am

There should also be a twitch where you can toggle bh on and off. Its not fair that when im doing an elite I should have my target hunting me at level 50 wilderness, that was never there before. Other than that great job and gz on 3k posts
Image Wanna know a secret?
Spoiler: show
#DicksOutforHarambe!
:badjokeeel:

Donderstone2
Programmer

Post by Donderstone2 » Sat May 16, 2015 12:37 am

Okaytbh wrote:There should also be a twitch where you can toggle bh on and off. Its not fair that when im doing an elite I should have my target hunting me at level 50 wilderness, that was never there before. Other than that great job and gz on 3k posts
There is one, go talk to Nastroth near the Edgeville wilderness. Be aware though, it does not get saved when you log out.

Ryuui
Wise One

Post by Ryuui » Sat May 16, 2015 12:38 am

Donderstone2 wrote:
Okaytbh wrote:There should also be a twitch where you can toggle bh on and off. Its not fair that when im doing an elite I should have my target hunting me at level 50 wilderness, that was never there before. Other than that great job and gz on 3k posts
There is one, go talk to Nastroth near the Edgeville wilderness. Be aware though, it does not get saved when you log out.
Can't you make it that it would?

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Sat May 16, 2015 1:01 am

If I kill my target when he has a tier X emblem, ain't I supposed to get that emblem?

Thought it was like that on osrs.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Sat May 16, 2015 10:37 am

The underdog wrote:If I kill my target when he has a tier X emblem, ain't I supposed to get that emblem?

It wasn't added like that on here because it would make boosting really appealable. You could just lose your T10 to a friend and essentially give him tons of BH points. People would be able to sell deaths and buy kills. Whereas currently you have to earn it all yourself. If you did get -1 the Tier your opponent had, then prices would have to increase to reflect that as well.

The GQC are discussing changing it, seeing as many players aren't too happy about it. The only thing to bare in mind though is that any change will add another way for players to boost / sell high tiered emblems directly. We also already have statuettes, which I believe are supposed to make up the difference in part without being dependant on your opponents streak.

K1l1l1l1l1l1
Champion

Post by K1l1l1l1l1l1 » Sat May 16, 2015 11:24 am

Rawr wrote:
The underdog wrote:If I kill my target when he has a tier X emblem, ain't I supposed to get that emblem?

It wasn't added like that on here because it would make boosting really appealable. You could just lose your T10 to a friend and essentially give him tons of BH points. People would be able to sell deaths and buy kills. Whereas currently you have to earn it all yourself. If you did get -1 the Tier your opponent had, then prices would have to increase to reflect that as well.

The GQC are discussing changing it, seeing as many players aren't too happy about it. The only thing to bare in mind though is that any change will add another way for players to boost / sell high tiered emblems directly. We also already have statuettes, which I believe are supposed to make up the difference in part without being dependant on your opponents streak.
Can't players who wish to boost simply purchase an item and then sell it to the other person?

I think that the emblems should be dropped upon death;

We can't let scum who boost ruin it for the rest of us.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Sat May 16, 2015 2:27 pm

^Maybe Mike will poll a change then. If it's really impacting people's enjoyment that much then I'm sure it will pass.

Also, I was under the impression that a lot of things were untradeable in the store. For example, without trading rights, killing a person for a t9 is a relatively fast way of obtaining chaotics.

Ross
Premium Donator

Post by Ross » Sat May 16, 2015 4:52 pm

If you kill a player with an emblem the player should drop a lower tier emblem than the one they had.

Assuming a player drops a t10.

50% chance of a t7
40% chance of a t8
10% chance of a t9

And so forth with lower tiers, this would make dieing and selling them non viable or extremely expensive and still rewards legitimate players.