Some more on bounty hunter

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
D 4 u 4
Premium Donator

Re: Some more on bounty hunter

Post by D 4 u 4 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:05 pm

Rawr wrote: It's easier to just ban ragging in the first place, at least to begin with.
I highly doubt ragging will be illegal any time soon.
http://forums.pkhonor.net/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=33213

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Tue May 12, 2015 11:06 pm

D 4 u 4 wrote:
Rawr wrote: It's easier to just ban ragging in the first place, at least to begin with.
I highly doubt ragging will be illegal any time soon.
http://forums.pkhonor.net/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=33213
If we can convince Mike & Dylan that it will have negative impacts on the community and on Bounty Hunter then we can start to get things changed.

K1l1l1l1l1l1
Champion

Post by K1l1l1l1l1l1 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:26 pm

Rawr wrote:
Mims7099 wrote:How about ban nex sets and druid from wild. its stupidly overpowered and there's almost no counter for it. It demotivates new players from pking because they attack anyone and everyone who enters wild. Maybe that could help activity?
Other than a HP boost, Nex gears aren't particularly OP; I don't have much trouble hitting through them until they're combined with a divine, so should we ban that too? It's really only when people safe in these armours that it begins to become a problem. They add a variety of high risk to the wilderness which isn't a bad thing. Druidic on the other hand is OP because it has a massive damage boost and HP boost; it completely outclasses everything with absolutely no trade off at all. It really is impossible to compete with because someone will be outhitting you by miles and they can keep their HP up to levels that you have no chance of being able to kill them from. Removing the HP boost from whilst in PVP in the Wilderness could probably sort out the issue, but it would cause of a lot of bitching and would require a ton of community input first. It's easier to just ban ragging in the first place, at least to begin with.
They add literally no risk, since I'd rather pk a 2b bandos set (which is easy) than get a few pkps from god items (which is considerably more difficult to pk).

If they were removed from wild, the people with the biggest say would vote against it as it'd make their items worthless. I think the HP boost for all god items should be removed in the wildy...it worked for castle wars and it should work here, too. With regard to Druidic, just ban it from the wild. No one legitimately PKs using it so there's no need for it.

Banning ragging would be useful but there are so many ways to rag that you wouldn't be able to sort it out.

Ultra balls
Known Venturer

Post by Ultra balls » Wed May 13, 2015 4:18 am

Noobinho wrote:
Rawr wrote:
Mims7099 wrote:How about ban nex sets and druid from wild. its stupidly overpowered and there's almost no counter for it. It demotivates new players from pking because they attack anyone and everyone who enters wild. Maybe that could help activity?
Other than a HP boost, Nex gears aren't particularly OP; I don't have much trouble hitting through them until they're combined with a divine, so should we ban that too? It's really only when people safe in these armours that it begins to become a problem. They add a variety of high risk to the wilderness which isn't a bad thing. Druidic on the other hand is OP because it has a massive damage boost and HP boost; it completely outclasses everything with absolutely no trade off at all. It really is impossible to compete with because someone will be outhitting you by miles and they can keep their HP up to levels that you have no chance of being able to kill them from. Removing the HP boost from whilst in PVP in the Wilderness could probably sort out the issue, but it would cause of a lot of bitching and would require a ton of community input first. It's easier to just ban ragging in the first place, at least to begin with.
They add literally no risk, since I'd rather pk a 2b bandos set (which is easy) than get a few pkps from god items (which is considerably more difficult to pk).

If they were removed from wild, the people with the biggest say would vote against it as it'd make their items worthless. I think the HP boost for all god items should be removed in the wildy...it worked for castle wars and it should work here, too. With regard to Druidic, just ban it from the wild. No one legitimately PKs using it so there's no need for it.

Banning ragging would be useful but there are so many ways to rag that you wouldn't be able to sort it out.
Change the handcannon back to the way it was before, that's the only way you can deal with the raggers. it's one of the few weapons that can hit the fcers and with it's spec it's the only thing capable of killing someone at 159 hp. no need for the wild to be that unfair.

Hegemon lock
Premium Donator

Post by Hegemon lock » Wed May 13, 2015 7:26 am

Here's my suggestion for how to stop runners:
http://forums.pkhonor.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=44171

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Wed May 13, 2015 10:38 am

What Rawr, mims and Noobino said.

Pking a nex set could also give like a tier 10 emblem for each piece or drop the item in a broken form which can be repaired for lets say 1b, hp boosts are far too overpowered especially when combined with divine and one of both should be removed. (preferably divine, osrs hasn't got divine coz it would ruin pking lol)

Nex sets will go more to pvm related activities where they belong. On runescape 1/1000 pkers pked with a nex set and on pkhonor 1/3 imagine you are that new player attracted by our advertising, he'd quit because he would get ragged for his rewards. Should make reward system somewhat balanced.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

K1l1l1l1l1l1
Champion

Post by K1l1l1l1l1l1 » Wed May 13, 2015 11:40 am

By the way, the rewards are pretty shit too especially for mains.

Think about it;

Let's say I get 10 kills in a row through regular pking. That means I've obtained at least 5b in loot, so the extra 500m or so (from the chaotic) will be insignificant.

Perhaps make a tier 10 tradable for a very worthwhile item that can't be obtained by cashing out other emblems.

Rainingagain
Known Venturer

Post by Rainingagain » Wed May 13, 2015 5:53 pm

Just curious will there be a different realm or something for BH? Or will it be anytime you enter the wilderness?

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed May 13, 2015 7:41 pm

Rainingagain wrote:Just curious will there be a different realm or something for BH? Or will it be anytime you enter the wilderness?
Anytime you enter the wilderness, both in normal and oldschool wild (but you can obviously only get a target in the same wilderness type).

There is however an NPC in Edgeville (Nastroth) who can disable Bounty Hunter for you if you don't want to participate.

With all that being said, I'm currently working out the latest anti-abuse features and prepping the client and server for release.
I expect everything to be done this evening, but I'm going to do the actual update tomorrow in the early afternoon (in the morning for Americans) so we can keep an eye on it during the whole day just incase something happens.
I know that the release of BH is taking longer than expected, but at least it's finally there!

Ryuui
Wise One

Post by Ryuui » Wed May 13, 2015 8:57 pm

Mike wrote:
Rainingagain wrote:Just curious will there be a different realm or something for BH? Or will it be anytime you enter the wilderness?
Anytime you enter the wilderness, both in normal and oldschool wild (but you can obviously only get a target in the same wilderness type).

There is however an NPC in Edgeville (Nastroth) who can disable Bounty Hunter for you if you don't want to participate.

With all that being said, I'm currently working out the latest anti-abuse features and prepping the client and server for release.
I expect everything to be done this evening, but I'm going to do the actual update tomorrow in the early afternoon (in the morning for Americans) so we can keep an eye on it during the whole day just incase something happens.
I know that the release of BH is taking longer than expected, but at least it's finally there!
Good to hear. However, are all the prices in the BH shop and tier 10 emblems changed or will that be for a later time?