Bounty hunter released on testserver

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Have you tried our testserver?

I have not tried it and don't intend to because I don't care about properly tested updates
18%
I have not tried it but intend to
38%
I have tried it and didn't notice anything special at all
26%
I tried it and noticed an improvement in my connectivity
13%
I tried it but I get connection problems sometimes (please post about it)
5%
I tried it but nothing seems to work (post pls)
No votes

Total votes: 39

Lkn
Honor Player

Re: Bounty hunter released on testserver

Post by Lkn » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:01 pm

Sensitivity could be upped a tiny bit, rest works good.

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:59 pm

Mike wrote:Update: I've hereby managed to add mouse wheel scrolling in interfaces (like your bank or the chat window) as well as camera angling by holding and dragging your middle mouse button.

I'm not yet sure if the sensitivity of the camera angling is alright, but that can be easily adjusted.

The test clients do not automatically update (except the webclient), so you'll have to download your testclient to enjoy and test these new features.
I FREAKING LOVE YOU MIKE, IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THAT FEATURE FOR AGES TYSM

Edit: The sensitivity could be upped a tiny bit. Besides that, perfect job Mike!
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Marco
Champion

Post by Marco » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:30 pm

Thoby wrote:
Mike wrote:Update: I've hereby managed to add mouse wheel scrolling in interfaces (like your bank or the chat window) as well as camera angling by holding and dragging your middle mouse button.

I'm not yet sure if the sensitivity of the camera angling is alright, but that can be easily adjusted.

The test clients do not automatically update (except the webclient), so you'll have to download your testclient to enjoy and test these new features.
I FREAKING LOVE YOU MIKE, IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THAT FEATURE FOR AGES TYSM

Edit: The sensitivity could be upped a tiny bit. Besides that, perfect job Mike!

I waited that for so long too omg :o
kik : clackshody83

Ryuui
Wise One

Post by Ryuui » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:46 pm

Mike wrote: Update: I've hereby managed to add mouse wheel scrolling in interfaces (like your bank or the chat window) as well as camera angling by holding and dragging your middle mouse button.

This feature is jizz worthy. just tried it out. it's amazing.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:53 pm

You can disable BH for yourself, right? If you don't want to take part?

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:01 am

Rawr wrote:You can disable BH for yourself, right? If you don't want to take part?
We currently have no feature for that, but we certainly could. I guess we should put that to discussion in a poll soon before releasing BH.
I also mean to add an arrow on the minimap to point you towards your BH target. I just hope that won't interfere with Glacors somehow if we add arrows there too :P

Post by 25787756129 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:17 am

Mike wrote:
Rawr wrote:You can disable BH for yourself, right? If you don't want to take part?
We currently have no feature for that, but we certainly could. I guess we should put that to discussion in a poll soon before releasing BH.
I also mean to add an arrow on the minimap to point you towards your BH target. I just hope that won't interfere with Glacors somehow if we add arrows there too :P
Link unban

The silent q
Rookie

Post by The silent q » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:44 am

I don't know how i feel about bounty hunter for the simple reason that nobody is ever on the testserver! i would love to test it out to see what its all about but nobody is ever on...

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:08 am

Will you be taking action against raggers (players who simply far cast in max gear with protection prayers) during and after this update release? It would be a shame to see many players unable to enjoy Bounty Hunter just because of a few rich and bitter players who feel the need to prevent others from even entering the Wilderness. This already happens, and nothing is done; once Bounty Hunter is out it's going to make it less appealing and less enjoyable to many because of this ragging issue that we have.

Imagine if someone is genuinely trying to fight their target, yet a random player is preventing them from doing so. They will have to leave the Wilderness and suffer a forfeit, even though it is not their fault at all. Similarly, what if their target is doing this just to waste their time? Something should be done because it's going to have a real problematic effect on Bounty Hunter.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:06 pm

Rawr wrote:Will you be taking action against raggers (players who simply far cast in max gear with protection prayers) during and after this update release? It would be a shame to see many players unable to enjoy Bounty Hunter just because of a few rich and bitter players who feel the need to prevent others from even entering the Wilderness. This already happens, and nothing is done; once Bounty Hunter is out it's going to make it less appealing and less enjoyable to many because of this ragging issue that we have.

Imagine if someone is genuinely trying to fight their target, yet a random player is preventing them from doing so. They will have to leave the Wilderness and suffer a forfeit, even though it is not their fault at all. Similarly, what if their target is doing this just to waste their time? Something should be done because it's going to have a real problematic effect on Bounty Hunter.
Valid concerns indeed. I already meant to create a new discussion thread about the Bounty Hunter system where the community can address any issues they see with the new BH system, before we release it. As for ragging, that sort of thing might just require its own thread/poll.