Progress

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
D0peswaq

Re: Progress

Post by D0peswaq » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:38 am

Sounds good mate. Looking forward to an increased player base!

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:55 am

"Either way, our ambition is to become the biggest RSPS with the largest playerbase in 2015. "

Ppl see us on the lists yes, but they do not get what they expect.

"Join our heartwarming and lovely community today! With an average of 200 - 400 players online, we have an active and balanced economy. With a lot of PKing activity in our wilderness and a 'start- and go' policy; we get you into the wilderness as quickly as possible! "

Hearthwarming and lovely community? Hell no.

Average of 200-400 online? Not when I play(ed), maybe coz ppl quit so fast.

Active and balanced economy, it's not active at all at the moment due to playerbase and it's totally ruined by merching. Rich players have too much influence on the economy and stock up/buy out on lots of supplies, keeps the prices up but I can't get a normal barrows set for a price anywhere near reasonable.

Pkhonor as the servers name does imply that it is a server for honorable pkers, so active wilderness and fair pking.
New players come and check it out, make a little money buy a normal pk set and enter the wilderness.
And what do they find? A dead wilderness with only a few scumbag pkers remaining totally outhitting them. They are even primary target for easy pkp and ratio. They see they have no chance anyhow in the near future and leave the server.

"» Completely lag-free, 99.9999% uptime and solid DDoS protection
» Not a 'pay to play' server: you need not spend a cent to enjoy every single feature or item within the game."

Lies

"We have a charming and helpful Staff Team"

*cough*

"Our server is player-oriented; "you tell us what you'd like to see added or changed in our game, and we'll make it happen!" Our programmers are capable of a lot, and try to release at least one update a week."

This one hurts the most.
What do I like to see? Read trough my 900 posts and you'll know.

Now we're at a point where we need to rebuild the server instead of keeping it active, plus osrs is large competition now.

Didn't mention a few points but they aren't important to mention on top of this. Apart from that, everything is perfectly fine.

So my suggestion is to work at the points we advertise with to make them actually true. To keep new players here after the work to get them her
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:03 am

:thumbsup:!

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:14 am

The underdog wrote:
Spoiler: show
"Either way, our ambition is to become the biggest RSPS with the largest playerbase in 2015. "

"Join our heartwarming and lovely community today! With an average of 200 - 400 players online, we have an active and balanced economy. With a lot of PKing activity in our wilderness and a 'start- and go' policy; we get you into the wilderness as quickly as possible! "

Active and balanced economy, it's not active at all at the moment due to playerbase and it's totally ruined by merching. Rich players have too much influence on the economy and stock up/buy out on lots of supplies, keeps the prices up but I can't get a normal barrows set for a price anywhere near reasonable.

Pkhonor as the servers name does imply that it is a server for honorable pkers, so active wilderness and fair pking.
New players come and check it out, make a little money buy a normal pk set and enter the wilderness.
And what do they find? A dead wilderness with only a few scumbag pkers remaining totally outhitting them. They are even primary target for easy pkp and ratio. They see they have no chance anyhow in the near future and leave the server.

» Not a 'pay to play' server: you need not spend a cent to enjoy every single feature or item within the game."

Lies

*cough*

"Our server is player-oriented; "you tell us what you'd like to see added or changed in our game, and we'll make it happen!" Our programmers are capable of a lot, and try to release at least one update a week."

This one hurts the most.

Now we're at a point where we need to rebuild the server instead of keeping it active, plus osrs is large competition now.

Didn't mention a few points but they aren't important to mention on top of this. Apart from that, everything is perfectly fine.

So my suggestion is to work at the points we advertise with to make them actually true. To keep new players here after the work to get them her
Ours is outdated, granted, but I suggest you take a look at what other servers write and compare it with their facts. I think focusing on all the things that are wrong with PkHonor makes people forget it's actually a damn good server, especially compared to others.

Of course we could be more truthful and simply write "PkHonor, the server where people criticize everything!" but what do you want, an honest description or one that actually encourages visitors to click through and at least try the game?

That being said a complete rework of the toplist description is planned. Less text, more images and focus on our strong points. You're definitely right in saying that it needs work.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:32 am

We don't even need to write a new Runelocus page.

Just copy and paste what Rapsey wrote here and we'll get 5k players in no time.

No person can resist the elegance and intelligence shown in Rapsey's reply.
Rapsey wrote:Ours is outdated, granted, but I suggest you take a look at what other servers write and compare it with their facts. I think focusing on all the things that are wrong with PkHonor makes people forget it's actually a damn good server, especially compared to others.

Of course we could be more truthful and simply write "PkHonor, the server where people criticize everything!" but what do you want, an honest description or one that actually encourages visitors to click through and at least try the game?

That being said a complete rework of the toplist description is planned. Less text, more images and focus on our strong points. You're definitely right in saying that it needs work.
Simply beautiful.

Oolong
Rookie

Post by Oolong » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:38 am

I love the game and can't wait to see all the new stuff coming :)

Jonas
Fanatic

Post by Jonas » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:06 pm

Great work, Mike!

Can't wait to greet new players to our server.

Also,
How about you (Rapsey) write all of our good things about our server like on a scroll or something... Just an idea that's all =]

Jon
Honor Player

Post by Jon » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:55 pm

Mike wrote:working hard to fix the connection issues players have been having recently (where they are unable to log in and must retry for a few minutes). We're very hopeful that this will be resolved within the next week.
Yessssssss^

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:05 pm

Rapsey wrote:
The underdog wrote:

Lies

*cough*

This one hurts the most.

Ours is outdated, granted, but I suggest you take a look at what other servers write and compare it with their facts. I think focusing on all the things that are wrong with PkHonor makes people forget it's actually a damn good server, especially compared to others.

He's wrong in a lot of what he's saying. He's under the impression you have to donate to enjoy everything in the game, which clearly isn't the case as most of the rich players who have done everything have never donated at all. He's also very, very cynical and thinks that just because we don't get endless PKing content that the server doesn't listen to the community. All in all, nearly every reference he's made is bias and ungrounded. And I'm usually the one who loves to bitch and even I can see the flaws in what he's saying.

Still, the page does need an update.

Ain
Unstoppable

Post by Ain » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:53 pm

Rapsey wrote:
The underdog wrote:

Lies

*cough*

This one hurts the most.

I didn't read what underdog said, cuz well, underdog. But, in the past few weeks I have been wisping around to other servers just to answer that exact question, "Is pkhonor really all that bad?" and when it comes down to it, yes it actually is. Now two years ago pkhonor was ahead of the curve but by now everyone knows rsps is big money, so they are actually popping out updates like nobody's business. PkHonor is falling behind rapidly.
- Working on a new client that will allow people to play PkHonor at school or in camps where most traffic is filtered (will be released soon)
Is that really all that smart? If the people at school cannot figure out how to do that on their own (which I might add takes the better of 10-20 minutes) then they probably shouldn't be playing games at school and should be focusing on their schoolwork.