The Wilderness Project

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Amount
Premium Donator

Re: The Wilderness Project

Post by Amount » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:44 am

Donderstone2 wrote:Hey guys

It's been a while since you've heard from me, which was mainly due to my exams, which are over now. Therefore I have more time on my hands to pick up the development again for PkHonor. One of the things I don't like is seeing the wilderness as empty as it is right now. Perhaps you don't know it, but I used to be a pk'er aswell back in the time before I was an Administrator. Things have changed a lot since then, regarding pk'ing and although we tried to improve the attraction of the wilderness, it never really paid off. Therefore I am now letting you know we will have another attempt to try and restore the wilderness.

First up, Bounty Hunter. I've been working a bit here and there on Bounty Hunter and the system itself is nearly set up for the first rounds of testing. Bounty Hunter is a way of getting assigned a target and try to kill it. If you do kill it, you get Bounty Hunter points which you will be able to spend in a new shop.

Furthermore, I'll be working on adding the Glacors. Glacors are already made, but not yet finalized and implemented. I'll work on that after I'm done with Bounty Hunter. The Glacors will be placed in the wilderness, hopefully attracting enough people for more activity in the wilderness.

I'll add things along the way and I'll keep you posted on the development of these projects.

Have a nice day.
Both Glacors and Bounty Hunter sound absolutely great, looking forward to that new content.

My only worry is that, with new boots coming out, as well as these Bounty Hunter rewards which no doubt will be strong, PvM is just too easy.
It's already way too easy, and I feel that the current bosses don't warrant any new, stronger gear.

Donderstone2
Programmer

Post by Donderstone2 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:24 pm

Amount wrote:

It's been a while since you've heard from me, which was mainly due to my exams, which are over now. Therefore I have more time on my hands to pick up the development again for PkHonor. One of the things I don't like is seeing the wilderness as empty as it is right now. Perhaps you don't know it, but I used to be a pk'er aswell back in the time before I was an Administrator. Things have changed a lot since then, regarding pk'ing and although we tried to improve the attraction of the wilderness, it never really paid off. Therefore I am now letting you know we will have another attempt to try and restore the wilderness.

First up, Bounty Hunter. I've been working a bit here and there on Bounty Hunter and the system itself is nearly set up for the first rounds of testing. Bounty Hunter is a way of getting assigned a target and try to kill it. If you do kill it, you get Bounty Hunter points which you will be able to spend in a new shop.

Furthermore, I'll be working on adding the Glacors. Glacors are already made, but not yet finalized and implemented. I'll work on that after I'm done with Bounty Hunter. The Glacors will be placed in the wilderness, hopefully attracting enough people for more activity in the wilderness.

I'll add things along the way and I'll keep you posted on the development of these projects.

Have a nice day.
Both Glacors and Bounty Hunter sound absolutely great, looking forward to that new content.

My only worry is that, with new boots coming out, as well as these Bounty Hunter rewards which no doubt will be strong, PvM is just too easy.
It's already way too easy, and I feel that the current bosses don't warrant any new, stronger gear.
That's the downside to adding new items. People always want items which are strong(er). It makes killing NPC's easier indeed, the only thing we can do is make the NPC's harder to kill.

Wildhaggis55

Post by Wildhaggis55 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:41 pm

Have a nice day.
Bounty Hunter!! lol Dylan, lol you think that is going to make people pk lol the combat system is a joke that's why the wilderness is dead adding some dumb ass bounty hunter is not going to do nothing.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:45 pm

Will the boots from Glacor's be better than the hybrid armour boots? If so, they would kinda devalue all the time you have to put in to obtain those...

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:54 pm

2 weeks ago everybody supported glacors being in the wild and i said no

now every1 is saying no
wtf

anyway i think bounty hunter is a good addition. glacors won't work because they appeal to people already playing, that have no interest in pvp. bounty hunter, however, will attract (a very small amount) of new players who enjoy pvp

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:39 pm

Hayden wrote:2 weeks ago everybody supported glacors being in the wild and i said no

now every1 is saying no
wtf

anyway i think bounty hunter is a good addition. glacors won't work because they appeal to people already playing, that have no interest in pvp. bounty hunter, however, will attract (a very small amount) of new players who enjoy pvp
I never supported it.
ImageImage

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:01 pm

Sick ownage wrote:
Hayden wrote:2 weeks ago everybody supported glacors being in the wild and i said no

now every1 is saying no
wtf

I never supported it.
'everybody' was an exaggeration

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:42 am

Hayden wrote: anyway i think bounty hunter is a good addition. glacors won't work because they appeal to people already playing, that have no interest in pvp. bounty hunter, however, will attract (a very small amount) of new players who enjoy pvp

K1l1l1l1l1l1
Champion

Post by K1l1l1l1l1l1 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:54 am

Inb4 target is camping full Druid so there's no chance of a fight. I suppose you could just have a target that drops an extra 15 pkp or something, whilst leaving the current system relatively unchanged.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:43 pm

How did I not see this thread before....... Sigh.

I've made quite a few topics regarding wilderness activity and made countless of constructive replies to other threads about the wilderness over the year 2014 when 80% of my activity was pking.
Didn't really pk for two months now but I think the wilderness is not attractive to new pkers/players.

I posted this reply to something yesterday:
The underdog wrote:
Hashtag wrote:
I2aw origins wrote:
In RS, even with a shortbow, you could attack a mager just as far away as he could attack you. (think it was 12 squares?)
Not to mention you'd still hit fuck all and they could easily outhit you still.
Wb crossbows? Do they have same range too? Because you can use bolts to antirag till they farcast you.

I've tried longbows but its not dealing much damage and rune arrows p++ have no stats I remember, they Prot range against it too xD

Do I say no to everything? No ( :D )

I say no to lots of things that make rich people stronger and make the gap between rich and new players so large.

New players look at the list of runelocus, see the top 316 rsps is PK HONOR and go check it out.

What they expect: Lots of pking and honorable pkers.
And what they get is the exact opposite: Barely pkers and the people who pk are far stronger than them and have no honor at all.

I've seen the player base go from 600 players online to 150.
And the reason was not pkhonor itself, it was the community. Especially a certain part of it.
As for bounty hunter, I remember typing a long post about it I'll look if I can find that to refresh my opinion on it.

As for now I like bounty hunter.

When I joined pkhonor the wilderness was super active, I met other pkers/noobs like me and we made a pking clan to hunt down the big pkers instead of bashing each others heads all the time.

Go try and make a new pking clan/pk at all in the wilderness with a new account.

You'll get ragged till you quit, and you're far underpowered against the current 'pkers'.

You need to look trough the eyes of a new player sometimes.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18