The Wilderness Project

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Donderstone2
Programmer

The Wilderness Project

Post by Donderstone2 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:54 pm

Hey guys

It's been a while since you've heard from me, which was mainly due to my exams, which are over now. Therefore I have more time on my hands to pick up the development again for PkHonor. One of the things I don't like is seeing the wilderness as empty as it is right now. Perhaps you don't know it, but I used to be a pk'er aswell back in the time before I was an Administrator. Things have changed a lot since then, regarding pk'ing and although we tried to improve the attraction of the wilderness, it never really paid off. Therefore I am now letting you know we will have another attempt to try and restore the wilderness.

First up, Bounty Hunter. I've been working a bit here and there on Bounty Hunter and the system itself is nearly set up for the first rounds of testing. Bounty Hunter is a way of getting assigned a target and try to kill it. If you do kill it, you get Bounty Hunter points which you will be able to spend in a new shop.

Furthermore, I'll be working on adding the Glacors. Glacors are already made, but not yet finalized and implemented. I'll work on that after I'm done with Bounty Hunter. The Glacors will be placed in the wilderness, hopefully attracting enough people for more activity in the wilderness.

I'll add things along the way and I'll keep you posted on the development of these projects.

Have a nice day.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Re: The Wilderness Project

Post by Rawr » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:02 pm

Why do we need to continue to split up people within the Wilderness...? On top of that, why put Glacors in the wilderness anyway? People will go there and three item them and you won't actually boost the activity in reality. More people will be in the wilderness but they won't be PKing; you aren't achieving the goal you should be (more PKers, not PVMers). You'll essentially be achieving the same outcome as with the wilderness agility course / mithril dragons; the only increase in activity is PKers knowing they have yet another area where they can get free kills and PKP.

I'm glad to hear about Bounty Hunter though, that will certainly be nice!

Also, any chance of you looking back at the quest and re-working the rewards? There is no real reward from completing it at the moment.

Donderstone2
Programmer

Post by Donderstone2 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:17 pm

Hashtag wrote:Why do we need to continue to split up people within the Wilderness...? On top of that, why put Glacors in the wilderness anyway? People will go there and three item them and you won't actually boost the activity in reality. More people will be in the wilderness but they won't be PKing; you aren't achieving the goal you should be (more PKers, not PVMers). You'll essentially be achieving the same outcome as with the wilderness agility course / mithril dragons; the only increase in activity is PKers knowing they have yet another area where they can get free kills and PKP.

I'm glad to hear about Bounty Hunter though, that will certainly be nice!

Also, any chance of you looking back at the quest and re-working the rewards? There is no real reward from completing it at the moment.
Ah the rewards. Yes, there will be something done about the rewards and something else will be added aswell (will be obtainable if you did the quest) and the shield is reworked on aswell.

Evan
Honor Player

Post by Evan » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:29 pm

Make there be an ability to turn off bounty hunter so people don't get annoyed if they don't have the gear to fight max people and such. Also, if we can't turn it off it might actually reduce the players in the wildy again.
Be da best: [x]

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:34 pm

I really don't think adding glacors to the wild is a good idea...

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:36 pm

P000p wrote:Make there be an ability to turn off bounty hunter so people don't get annoyed if they don't have the gear to fight max people and such. Also, if we can't turn it off it might actually reduce the players in the wildy again.
Or you could enable death at Edgeville to give the option to players.
Image Image

Donderstone2
Programmer

Post by Donderstone2 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:14 pm

P000p wrote:Make there be an ability to turn off bounty hunter so people don't get annoyed if they don't have the gear to fight max people and such. Also, if we can't turn it off it might actually reduce the players in the wildy again.
We will probably add it on a different height.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:16 pm

You don't HAVE to fight your target, you just have additional incentives to do so.

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:17 pm

Donderstone2 wrote:
Don't make a new height just for bounty hunter, it'll just split up the wild even more .-.

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:30 pm

Donderstone2 wrote:
Do not add it on another height
Please
Image Image