The Wilderness Project

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Exchaotic
Premium Donator

Re: The Wilderness Project

Post by Exchaotic » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:02 am

There's no reason to make pvm monster strong just because you add new items.

Stupid idea.

Sir pete
Premium Donator

Post by Sir pete » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:10 pm

If you are going to place glacors in the wilderness, it's only going to get worse. Only barragers and rushers will come there and ruin pking even more for the people.

But the idea of bounty hunter is good :) maybee add some special and high valueable items in the bounty hunter shop such as primal?

Lovalova
Premium Donator

Post by Lovalova » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:23 pm

IMPORTANT

The wilderness used to be extremely populated and fun to pk in.
If you REALLY want to fix the wilderness, why don't you make it exactly like it was 2 years ago?

Don't want to insult your judgement but you took the wrong turn (whoever took action on updating) when you nerfed the weapons that people actually pked with (Korasi) and when you made Chaotics break when one died (expensive to pk if you die).

You dismembered what little population of pkers there was by doing so.

I'm just gonna say to the people who respond to this by saying stupid things like: "wow you're just a silly prod, prods like you always kill me" or "lol chaotic prod i hate them cause i can't afford it" "wow korasi is op noob good thing it got nerfed i was always getting killed". YOUR LITTLE POPULATION OF 12 YEAR OLD COMPLAINERS IS WHAT RUINED THE FUN FOR THE MAJORITY OF PLAYERS so stfu. Everyone was having fun and you had to cry cause you lost a whip.

Oh and also it's not just this, you also nerfed Dharoks and Veracs back then as well which were extremely popular to pk with.

I'm gonna break it down for you as it's really easy to understand why people don't pk anymore. The "fun, op gear" is gone which I don't understand why you would ever think of removing. People pk because of "fun, op gear" because ITS FUN. It's human nature to do FUN things (dopamine is produced when having fun which makes you enjoy the wild; back then anyway which made it populated). If you want a chance of having more than 3 people in the wild at peak hours during christmas break who aren't level 78, 99 and 126 (just 3 people), your best bet is to make everything the way it once was.

I'm just saying, if it wasn't broken, why did you try to fix it?

Solution: make korasi able to hit 66-70 again (ITS FUN), don't make chaotics degrade on death, un-nerf Dharoks and Veracs.
Result: people will come back flocking to the wild.

I personally have played maybe 3-4 times a year ever since wild went to shit. I'm not complaining about the lack of op gear it's just that when I would get home from work I would go into wild and I COULDNT FIGHT ANYONE because everyone was missing.

So yeah. PKing is a big part of this server and I hope you can fix it because I miss it.

FURTHERMORE, if you aren't tired of reading I'm gonna back up bringing back the "nerfed" things by telling you that by missing Korasi, Chaotics (no one brings in wild anymore), Dharoks, Veracs, you are left with a huge imbalance in weapon choice. You didn't think of the new joined, recent players who want to give a shot at pking. With Korasi and Chaotics it gave them a chance to have fun after a month of playing; you cut off your growing population cause they found pking boring. Instead of having that middle ground with these powerful weapons at a relatively affordable cheap price, you now need to pk in vesta, bandos or torva and risk a shit load cause weapons are shit now.

JUST PUT EVERYTHING THE WAY IT WAS IN THE WILD AND I PROMISE YOU RESULTS.

I have a dream, that if you put everything back the way it was the wilderness will once again be the hottest spot on your server.

What's the point of calling your server PkHonor, if you can't pk? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH lol

edit: sorry for the many edits it's just that I added more stuff once I remembered other things that made the player base (especially the new one, which is why pkhonor was really a scary competition to the rest on runelocus once upon a time) so popular.
Last edited by Lovalova on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:30 pm

Lovalova wrote:
Spoiler: show
IMPORTANT

If you REALLY want to fix the wilderness, why don't you make it exactly like it was 2 years ago?

Don't want to insult your judgement but you took the wrong turn (whoever took action on updating) when you nerfed the weapons that people actually pked with (Korasi) and when you made Chaotics break when one died (expensive to pk if you die).

I'm just gonna say to the people who respond to this by saying stupid things like: "wow you're just a silly prod, prods like you always kill me" or "lol chaotic prod i hate them cause i can't afford it" "wow korasi is op noob good thing it got nerfed i was always getting killed". YOUR LITTLE POPULATION OF 12 YEAR OLD COMPLAINERS IS WHAT RUINED THE FUN FOR THE MAJORITY OF PLAYERS so stfu. Everyone was having fun and you had to cry cause you lost a whip.

Oh and also it's not just this, you also nerfed Dharoks and Veracs back then as well which were extremely popular to pk with.

I'm gonna break it down for you as it's really easy to understand why people don't pk anymore. The "fun, op gear" is gone which I don't understand why you would ever think of removing. People pk because of "fun, op gear" because ITS FUN. It's human nature to do FUN things (dopamine is produced when having fun which makes you enjoy the wild; back then anyway which made it populated). If you want a chance of having more than 3 people in the wild at peak hours during christmas break who aren't level 78, 99 and 126 (just 3 people), your best bet is to make everything the way it once was.

Solution: make korasi able to hit 66-70 again (ITS FUN), don't make chaotics degrade on death, un-nerf Dharoks and Veracs.

I personally have played maybe 3-4 times a year ever since wild went to shit. I'm not complaining about the lack of op gear it's just that when I would get home from work I would go into wild and I COULDNT FIGHT ANYONE because everyone was missing.

So yeah. PKing is a big part of this server and I hope you can fix it because I miss it
I actually agree with some of the things you said, I just don't believe the things you suggested will work.
We don't have the player base that we once did.
Image Image

Lovalova
Premium Donator

Post by Lovalova » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:38 pm

Hey Errobie,

Thanks for your input.

I don't want to be the only one suggesting things and I'd like to the point of view of others as well because I truly miss what PkHonor was once upon a time.

I'm a huge Pk junkie.

What would your suggestions be so we can attract more players?

Although you said you agree, why did you say that you think they wouldn't?

Sir pete
Premium Donator

Post by Sir pete » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:45 pm

Errobbie wrote:
Lovalova wrote:
Spoiler: show
IMPORTANT

So yeah. PKing is a big part of this server and I hope you can fix it because I miss it
I actually agree with some of the things you said, I just don't believe the things you suggested will work.
We don't have the player base that we once did.

That's pretty damn guud :)

D 4 u 4
Premium Donator

Post by D 4 u 4 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:48 pm

Donderstone2 wrote: the only thing we can do is make the NPC's harder to kill.
Don't even think about making every monster like corp. ;)

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:10 pm

D 4 u 4 wrote:
To be honest, monsters should be tougher. Corporal Beast is too tough, as is the Wildywyrm if it is to be worthwhile, but Nex is too easy and so are the GWD bosses. Surprisingly, Barrelchest and Ice Styrkewyrms are quite well balanced, however - if you can even call them bosses. I hope Glacors are of the same difficult as Ice Strykewyrms.

D 4 u 4
Premium Donator

Post by D 4 u 4 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:46 pm

Hashtag wrote:
D 4 u 4 wrote:
To be honest, monsters should be tougher. Corporal Beast is too tough, as is the Wildywyrm if it is to be worthwhile, but Nex is too easy and so are the GWD bosses. Surprisingly, Barrelchest and Ice Styrkewyrms are quite well balanced, however - if you can even call them bosses. I hope Glacors are of the same difficult as Ice Strykewyrms.
Yea making them like ice styrkewyrms would be good as glacors aren't really a major boss like nex, but they do give good rewards so they shouldn't be really weak to stop people from camping them for hours, basically they need to be powerful enough that you need to take food with you to kill em and not just ovlerloads and super prays.

Donderstone2 wrote:We will probably add it on a different height.
Last edited by D 4 u 4 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I2aw origins
Premium Donator

Post by I2aw origins » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:59 am

Donderstone2 wrote:
P000p wrote:Make there be an ability to turn off bounty hunter so people don't get annoyed if they don't have the gear to fight max people and such. Also, if we can't turn it off it might actually reduce the players in the wildy again.
We will probably add it on a different height.
Please don't, idk if I responded to this already but I can see it being on a separate height just adding a plethora of problems.