12 - 13 April 2013

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Djpon3
Premium Donator

Re: 12 - 13 April 2013

Post by Djpon3 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:24 am

Great to see everbody is back in action.

Good job Mike.
Too good.

Daan
Honor Player

Post by Daan » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:51 am

Make it so players can only be in edge + Full wildy. We don't want players running around in falador on a diffrent height :D. Can't wait for the rambo dds specs.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:15 pm

Hi im sam wrote:Mike, shouldn't we try and make our first combat system better..?

I along with many other people have quit edge pking
I would, if only people would tell me what's wrong. I have yet to see an in-game suggestion or bug report regarding combat improvements or things that are wrong with it. Everyone is telling me our combat system is broken, yet apart from two or three people, nobody bothers to properly explain what's wrong with it.
I'm not a PK'er myself and I have never been one - therefore, I do not know how the combat system is really supposed to work. I rely on the community to tell me how everything should be, and I rely on them to do proper tests to see if everything is in order.
Complaining about something is easy, but if you can't clearly explain what's wrong and how it should be (in as much detail as possible), then please shut your piehole.

For example, one of the more common things I hear is 'dharoks hits too high'. I tried it myself on max hit dummies several times, and as far as I can tell the dharoks max hit is exactly what it's supposed to be at all hitpoints levels. If not, please tell me how I can reproduce the incorrect high hits and provide me with factual evidence (for example from the runescape wiki) of how it should be.

Hi im sam
Wise One

Post by Hi im sam » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:40 pm

Mike I made a semi big list on the freeforums.

When I'm on my comp I'll get it

Justin
Champion

Post by Justin » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:43 pm

Hi Im Sam wrote:To Mike or whomever, I'll help demonstrate this stuff to you in-game if you prefer.

Also, you may not like this, but I can give you a link to a Private Server I know that has a good combat system and we can test it out there.

I personally think Range needs to be worked on the most, it's awful.

Also, if there are any more things to add please comment below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ITEMS THAT SHOULD BE ADDED:
-> Phoenix Necklace --- http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Phoenix_necklace
-> [Questionable] Making it so overloads work for Premium+ members. What I mean by this is if you sip a Saradomin Brew, you can just sip an Overload and it'll restore your stats. I'm mainly suggestion this because it helps a lot in wars, but it also could ruin the fun in PvM (Idk how, I just know somebody will say it will, lol). Of course if you're in combat with another person, it'll reduce to 118/x in attack, strength, defence, range, and mage.

General:
-> When using the special attack of a Dragon Spear, it should ALWAYS [regardless if frozen] make the person move back a step in which the person using the special attack is facing
-> Eating on PkHonor
--Brewing: Rock-Brewing doesn't work as it's supposed to, on here it doesn't even register some times.
-> Switching, I see it got a lot better, but it's still not there. Also, when you're hybriding [using this as an example because it involves switching] you automatically attack the other person and you staff bash if you're not quick enough. I remember there being a poll on this, maybe Mike could code it how I just said on the test server and then make a poll again.

Magic:
-> Freeze timer on barrage is off, you shouldn't have to wait like 5 seconds [I don't know the real time] to re-barrage the person.
-> When using entangle, there shouldn't be a timer - it should freeze right away.
-> [sort-of hard to explain this] When you're hybridding and you freeze your opponent as they're running at you, even if you freeze them 2 squares away, they can still get in 1 hit.
-> Auto casting doesn't work sometimes - When I auto cast ice barrage, I should be able to click on Blood Barrage and then my opponent and the next spell SHOULD be blood barrage - however usually this isn't the case

Melee:
-> If PkHonor wants a good combat system, your only choice is to get rid of Custom Whips. Pay out 15B or so a whip.
-> Dharok's needs to be coded better, it shouldn't be hitting very good at 60 hit points.
-> I have over 100 screenshots of hitting 80+ with an Armadyl Godsword, hitting high on it is way too often, same goes with dragon claws, etc. [I personally don't think they should be nerfed a lot]
-> This might just be me, but whenever someone is using Toktz-ket-xil shield, I never hit on it... Might just be me though, I'll have to test it out

Range:
-> Needs to be coded much better, range is awful, it hardly hits when it should be pretty good
-> If a person is far casting you, you should ALWAYS be able to attack him - On PkHonor you can just run very far from your opponent and they won't even be able to range you.

There you go, Sam.

Hi im sam
Wise One

Post by Hi im sam » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:47 pm

Thank you Justin.

And yea mike that's the list

Skiller fab
Wise One

Post by Skiller fab » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:44 pm

Thank you Mike.

Custom whipes are fun to pk whit it also brings riskers in pk.

I got a idea:
Seercull hit fast as magic bow you need to use arrows and hits like 30-40 in void and whit the spec u hit 45 and then u get it from a boss and remove from ranger store worth like 1-3b. This is also on a other server and it is really fun and also brings riskers in pk.

Achievements

See how Adam get unbanned [ ]
See how Dreamz get cleaned [ ]

RIP HAMADE 2013 29 August.:(

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:53 pm

I'll be sure to do a general review of our combat system. When I do that, I'll create a thread dedicated to just that, where people can post their opinions.

In the meantime however, I have quite some work to do for college, which means I may not be doing much the next few days, apart from some occasional coding and answering my PM's.

Rick
Premium Donator

Post by Rick » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:48 pm

Good to see dem fixes :)

Imo the falconry should give more xp. In RuneScape itself it's one of the fastest methods to train hunter.

Chinchompa's should also give more xp.

I believe that for some hunter npc's there should be more spawns: Red Chins, Dragon implings, Kingly Implings

4gottengodz
Champion

Post by 4gottengodz » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:13 am

Mike wrote:I'll be sure to do a general review of our combat system. When I do that, I'll create a thread dedicated to just that, where people can post their opinions.

In the meantime however, I have quite some work to do for college, which means I may not be doing much the next few days, apart from some occasional coding and answering my PM's.
I'll be wating for that :P
Karl25 pk wrote:Shes bouncing on someones cock atm