12 - 13 April 2013

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

12 - 13 April 2013

Post by Mike » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:00 am

The past 2 days, I have mostly been busy fixing the bugs that came along with the latest Hunter update. Three updates were done today to get everything fixed, I hope the hunter skill is now completely in order. If anyone were to find any other bugs, please report them in this forum. If you find a bug or glitch in the game but are unable to create a forums account, please report it to one of our staff members in-game.

What was in todays updates:
-> FIXED: Kebbits would permanently disappear if you didn't retrieve your falcon.
-> FIXED: You could not drink a potion right after you had eaten food.
-> FIXED: you could die with 1 or more hitpoints. This was merely a visual bug - you were actually dead but it looked like you had more than 0 hitpoints. The hitpoints (and hp bar) simply weren't updated in time.
-> FIXED: hunter animals could get stuck, usually when they were walking towards a trap that was removed before they got there.
-> FIXED: implings could get caught by 2 or more players at the same time.
-> FIXED: impling loot rates were quite high, this was because of something that I overlooked. This means the rates are now lower than they used to be. Consider it a bonus for the people who tried the hunter skill early.
-> FIXED: royal and pirate clothes were not equipped in the proper slot.
-> FIXED: chinchompas had no stats when worn.
-> FIXED: when withdrawing long kebbit bolts as a note, it would turn into an orange salamander.
-> FIXED: when withdrawing a skull scepter as a note, it would turn into a security book.
-> FIXED: zombie implings gave a royal shirt as loot. This has now been removed and replaced by zombie boots.
-> CHANGED: razor backed kebbits now give 1200 XP instead of 1800. They had a very high XP rate compared to most other hunter animals.
-> CHANGED: 3 pawyas were added to make hunting grenwalls easier.

Since I believe (or at least, hope) the last hunter bugs have hereby been fixed, I have started the development of the oldschool wilderness. This wilderness will be in the normal wilderness but at another height level, which means there will be no interaction between our 'normal' and our 'oldschool' wilderness (people at the height level of the oldschool wilderness cannot see the people at the normal height level and vice versa).
In this wilderness, ancient curses will not be allowed. Nor will any recent items such as overloads, extreme potions, godswords, dragonfire shield, dragon claws, chaotic equipment, zuriel, morrigan, statius or vesta. We're not entirely sure what we will consider 'oldschool', we will put up a poll for that later on (probably tomorrow). Stay tuned!

Pay for free
Honor Player

Re: 12 - 13 April 2013

Post by Pay for free » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:09 am

ILY MIKE
Pay For Free - Established - 22-12-2010

Pls senpai
Premium Donator

Post by Pls senpai » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:10 am

Nice!

I might actually start Pking if you do well with this OldSchool wildy. :)

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:23 am

Would the old school wilderness have a different kdr than the normal wilderness?

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:30 am

Azu rite wrote:Would the old school wilderness have a different kdr than the normal wilderness?
I believe the k/d ratio of oldschool and normal wilderness will be counted as 1. We can however make a separate ratio for the two if there is a lot of support for this idea.

Pls senpai
Premium Donator

Post by Pls senpai » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:35 am

Mike wrote:
Azu rite wrote:Would the old school wilderness have a different kdr than the normal wilderness?
I believe the k/d ratio of oldschool and normal wilderness will be counted as 1. We can however make a separate ratio for the two if there is a lot of support for this idea.

Poll, please.

Here's an idea.

when you do ::ratio, it will appear as follows;

Kills: 41, Deaths: 91, Ratio: 0.45 OSKills: 12, OSDeaths: 12, OSratio: 0

I wouldn't mind that.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:40 am

Certainly not a bad idea.

Nickrock234
Honor Player

Post by Nickrock234 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:43 am

Great work Mike! :D little suggestion though if I may. Take the Dragon Claws off the list of loots from Dragon Implings please, otherwise they are going to be worth junk store price seeing as how everyone is getting them and selling for so little because they know they can get them so easily. This would increase their value back to what it was prior to this and would make a lot of players feel better.
Thank you, Nick.
Mike wrote:Calling someone a smartass isn't offensive, especially when he's actually being a smartass.

Hi im sam
Wise One

Post by Hi im sam » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:55 am

Mike, shouldn't we try and make our first combat system better..?

I along with many other people have quit edge pking

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:25 am

I'll support brandon's idea.

And for mike great fixes :)