Castle Wars - my turn

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Rick
Unstoppable

Re: Castle Wars - my turn

Post by Rick » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:39 pm

Just remove. Why a headstart?

Unfair imo. Just swap it into 1B tickets. Or 500-1000 pkp

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:44 pm

Shakira wrote:Just remove. Why a headstart?

500 PKP is about 20 minutes work. 1B is an hour, maybe less. It isn't really fair compensation.

A small headstart is not going to hurt anyone, and it won't leave those with the tickets currently with a bitter feeling. It does nothing wrong to issue something like this, and no one would really be effected.

Rick
Unstoppable

Post by Rick » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:56 pm

Hashtag wrote:

500 PKP is about 20 minutes work. 1B is an hour, maybe less. It isn't really fair compensation.

A small headstart is not going to hurt anyone, and it won't leave those with the tickets currently with a bitter feeling. It does nothing wrong to issue something like this, and no one would really be effected.
Yeah, but you're talking about "50 tickets" do you want Castle Wars to be like pest control?

Get all items in the shop in few hours? I really hope that we can have some "rare" cosmetic items that actually take a lot of time to get. So not everybody runs around with it next week..

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:01 pm

Shakira wrote:
Hashtag wrote:

Yeah, but you're talking about "50 tickets" do you want Castle Wars to be like pest control?

Get all items in the shop in few hours? I really hope that we can have some "rare" cosmetic items that actually take a lot of time to get. So not everybody runs around with it next week..
It depends entirely on the rate at which tickets are gained, as Mike said. The number I suggested is meaningless without context. Hopefully we have true Castle Wars rates, where it's 2 for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss. At which point, around 25 could be enough. However, we would have to wait until release and rewards to have that determined.

I would love to see some very hard to get items too, but that would require constant games of Castle Wars for months on ends, if you're expecting anything like 1000 tickets (approx 250~ hours of winning inc waiting). If interest in CW reduces, it would be impossible to gain any at all, no matter how dedicated someone is.

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:53 pm

I actually can't wait for castle wars because I used to camp that shit as a noob on RuneScape and it was the most fun I had on that game.
Image Image

Megumin
Honor Player

Post by Megumin » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:55 pm

Errobbie wrote:I actually can't wait for castle wars because I used to camp that shit as a noob on RuneScape and it was the most fun I had on that game.

Sickle
Forum Addict

Post by Sickle » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:28 am

I might actually come back full-time if CW turns out awesome like it's sounding atm. I played over 1000 games of CW in another server and it wasn't even perfected version of CW.

E:

Oh let me guess, Rickyboi doesn't have any ticks.

a headstart would be nice, else it's 5B down the drain.
Last edited by Sickle on Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
There is only one.

Ross
Premium Donator

Post by Ross » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:37 am

Castle Wars will need a huge incentive to keep people playing, if the shop is released and it's an average castle wars shop then it will be dead content the following week.

Personally I'd like to see something as game changing as when Death was introduced to the rewards for a crazy amount of tickets to really keep the minigame alive.

Ramadan
Champion

Post by Ramadan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:52 pm

Shakira wrote:
Hashtag wrote:

This is assuming it's not like PestControl where you have to yell for about 2 hours in order to get 5-6 players on a boat.. It's impossible to play team based minigames when there aren't enough players to actually play with.. How long do you think your end will take Mike?

Herrodragon
Premium Donator

Post by Herrodragon » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:08 am

Ramadan wrote: This is assuming it's not like PestControl where you have to yell for about 2 hours in order to get 5-6 players on a boat.. It's impossible to play team based minigames when there aren't enough players to actually play with.. How long do you think your end will take Mike?
Noone plays pestcontrol because
1. Ww is faster pcs
2. Everyone already has void because it takes very little time to get, no need to keep playing.

If proper rewards and different types of games then just capture the flag Cwars will stay active.

Can't trust the snakes that call you fam
Only died to Ddos swear