Major breakthroughs in combat system

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Alcoholking6
Wise One

Re: Major breakthroughs in combat system

Post by Alcoholking6 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:43 pm

Thanks mike, you're doing some really good work. Along with that combat update mabye more items from elites or even some new items in general ;)?

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:48 pm

Cool stuff :)

Looking forward to seeing it implemented :D

Ain
Unstoppable

Post by Ain » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:32 pm

I *think* you need to understand, that not all of us want the combat system to be exactly like RuneScape, a lot of us left RuneScape, not really caring to much for it. That being said, I know a lot of people want changes to specific items in PvP, even if it is not how it is in "RuneScape".r

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:31 pm

Ain wrote:I *think* you need to understand, that not all of us want the combat system to be exactly like RuneScape, a lot of us left RuneScape, not really caring to much for it. That being said, I know a lot of people want changes to specific items in PvP, even if it is not how it is in "RuneScape".r
I'm aware of that. However, one of the most important complaints about the combat system right now, is that equipment bonuses don't seem to matter enough. The new formula takes care of that.
Once the new system is in effect, people will have the ability to voice their opinion on things they think need further rebalancing. First we need a proper base system, then we can fine-tune it.

Ramadan
Champion

Post by Ramadan » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:34 pm

Mike wrote: The last thing I need to do before releasing the new system on the real server, is get special attacks in order. A lot of weapons have an accuracy modifier when using a special attack. This accuracy modifier is unknown and I'm not sure how exactly the calculations are done either. So for that I'll have to perform several more tests in oldschool RS using weapons like DDS and AGS (which I do not currently have available, so if anyone can lend me weapons with special attacks for a few days, I'd gladly compensate them).
The account that I lent you has all of this, you have the username and the password in your email.

Ain
Unstoppable

Post by Ain » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:59 pm

Mike wrote:
Ain wrote:I *think* you need to understand, that not all of us want the combat system to be exactly like RuneScape, a lot of us left RuneScape, not really caring to much for it. That being said, I know a lot of people want changes to specific items in PvP, even if it is not how it is in "RuneScape".r
I'm aware of that. However, one of the most important complaints about the combat system right now, is that equipment bonuses don't seem to matter enough. The new formula takes care of that.
Once the new system is in effect, people will have the ability to voice their opinion on things they think need further rebalancing. First we need a proper base system, then we can fine-tune it.
We really don't need anymore voicing of opinions, all the suggestions have already been told :P in various different threads.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:29 pm

Ain wrote: We really don't need anymore voicing of opinions, all the suggestions have already been told :P in various different threads.
Well, the problem is that with the new system, everything will be different. So I'm afraid the opinions voiced in those threads will no longer apply. We'll need to take a new look at it, after the update.

Of course, there may still be threads describing flaws in our combat system unrelated to accuracy. Those still apply after the rework, so I'll be sure to look them up.

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:09 am

I'm not too sure about the new combat system now... I suppose I'll just have to wait and see what it's like :notsureif:
Image Image

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:17 am

Does this mean dharoks will be actually good? :0 I might come back to playing if it is :)

Sons of odin
Premium Donator

Post by Sons of odin » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:52 am

Mike wrote:
No pity wrote:Mike, don't change the dds.

It's perfect as it is, plz no hurt it :c

Also, I know you don't do dates but since the update is nearing it's end do you have an estimated time with a generous give and take.
The problem is that with the combat remake, the formula for the special attacks will change as well (there's nothing I can do about that). However, if people agree with you that the DDS special is perfect as it is now, then at least I have something to base myself on.

As for a date, I honestly don't know how long the testing will take me. I'd like to release it before July, but as usual, no promises on that part.
On the bright side, the new combat system won't be the only big thing included in the next update. I'd recommend to check the polls forum soon, as new official polls in regards to updates will be added.

Dragon dagger is far from perfect, and you also need to add "epic specs" or "legendary specs" which is an addition to the dds spec where it has a smaller percentage chance to spec up to 40-40 with dds (in max gear) [as usually most you'll spec is 34-34], this is similar (kind of) to attacking a max hit dummy with dragon bolts e, and ur max is only 50 (90% of the time), but possibly up to 60 (without spec).
Image Image Image