Upcoming updates

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Upcoming updates

Post by Mike » Tue May 06, 2014 1:51 pm

I'm keeping a list of future updates that I'm currently working on. Nothing much fancy considering I'm still at my internship, but important updates nonetheless. I'll regularly edit this list each time I've worked something out.
The two reasons I'm using this list is to keep track of updates (so I don't forget to mention changes in a new post during updates) and to notify the players of what's about to be released. Players can also give feedback on the changes.

Please note that items in this list may be changed or removed at my discretion. None of this is final until the update is actually released so don't be surprised if the actual updates differ from what I write down here.

Included in the next update
-> Reworked the WildyWyrm minigame (check this thread)
-> You can now mine rocks and chop trees without having the (pick)axe equipped. Having one in your inventory is enough.
If you have a (pick)axe equipped and one in your inventory, you'll always use the one equipped.
If you do not have one equipped but have multiple in your inventory, you'll always use the best one for which you have the required level.

Sherbaji

Re: Upcoming updates

Post by Sherbaji » Tue May 06, 2014 2:15 pm

Hey mike you scallywag =-)

Smdjagex
Premium Donator

Post by Smdjagex » Tue May 06, 2014 2:17 pm

Mike will team capes and decorative be able to be obtained again?
Credits to maurits for Signature

The skills
Wise One

Post by The skills » Tue May 06, 2014 2:21 pm

Seem cool, so, when is the combat committee going to start helping? I feel as since most of the members left, we hold applications for the 3-4 spots that's be open.

Let me know, or message me on skype.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Tue May 06, 2014 2:21 pm

Nice, I'm looking forward to see some of these.

Es kimo
Known Venturer

Post by Es kimo » Tue May 06, 2014 3:05 pm

Will it be like this?
*The normal special attack, which first deals a high amount of damage, then half of that, and finally two attacks that add up to the previous attack. For example, You may hit a 300-150-70-80.

*If the first hit misses and the second one hits, the 3rd and 4th hits will each deal half of that damage.

*If the first two attacks hit 0-0, the 3rd and 4th will do damage at the same level as the first attack. For example, instead of hitting 300-150-75-75, it may instead hit 0-0-300-300.

*If the dragon claws have hit 3 initial zeros, the last hit (if it hits) would have a 50% damage boost; e.g.: 0-0-0-450.

*If the first three attacks fail, and the fourth attack also "fails", the fourth attack almost always hits a low number instead of a 0-- approximately between 7 and 1 lifepoints. A player with protect from melee, divine/elysian shield, 90+ defence, or with the Staff of Light special attack active can sometimes completely defend against dragon claws.

I did read your post but was too lazy to read this ^, just copied from RuneWiki.

Just want to make sure it will be like in real RS :)

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue May 06, 2014 4:36 pm

Es kimo wrote:Will it be like this?...

Just want to make sure it will be like in real RS :)
Yes, it will be exactly like that. It seems that a few calculations weren't exactly as they were supposed to be, leading to dragon claws being slightly stronger than they should've been. The next update should take care of that.

The skills wrote:Seem cool, so, when is the combat committee going to start helping? I feel as since most of the members left, we hold applications for the 3-4 spots that's be open.

Let me know, or message me on skype.
As soon as my thesis is handed in (start of June), I'll finally have the time I need to focus on important in-game updates again and combat will be one of my top priorities. All members of the combat committee will receive a reward for their past work (with interest due to long waiting times) and any inactive members (or members who aren't interested anymore) will be replaced by new ones.

Ross
Premium Donator

Post by Ross » Tue May 06, 2014 4:47 pm

Could you please add Frost Dragons to slayer tasks?

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue May 06, 2014 5:01 pm

No pity wrote:Could you please add Frost Dragons to slayer tasks?
I've always wanted to, but it's very hard for me to figure out whether someone has access to frost dragons or not (and I can't very well assign frost dragons to someone who has no access to them). So until I can overcome that technical challenge, it's not going to happen atm :/

Sk kyle
Premium Donator

Post by Sk kyle » Tue May 06, 2014 5:03 pm

Mike wrote:
No pity wrote:Could you please add Frost Dragons to slayer tasks?
I've always wanted to, but it's very hard for me to figure out whether someone has access to frost dragons or not (and I can't very well assign frost dragons to someone who has no access to them). So until I can overcome that technical challenge, it's not going to happen atm :/
What about if you made it so that you talk to the slayer mask and choose an option like "unlock frost drags as slayer task" and then that player can get the task. I don't know if that even made sense or if it is possible but just an idea.