Internship

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Uchihaobito
Premium Donator

Re: Internship

Post by Uchihaobito » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:11 am

Justin wrote:Castle wars:

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:39 am

Mike wrote:Due to my full-time internship, I don't have that much time to work on PkHonor these days. I'm still working every day on updates and bugfixes and making sure all mails, PM's and forum posts are handled, but updates will take longer than they used to.

I am aiming to release another update early next week to fix some bugs and further improve server stability (there are still some minor lag and connection issues from time to time). I will then start working on pets and the quest that goes with it. As my schedule is pretty full and spare time is scarce, I can't give an estimate on when it'll be released, but know that I'm doing what I can ;)

Many new updates will be released in june and july, then I'll once again have loads of spare time.

Some planned future updates (from next week onward - if all goes well, these should all be done before the end of the summer):
-> Pets and a pet-related quest
-> Further rebalancing of our combat system
-> The ability for donators and premium members to play a short version of the Fights Caves (at a price)
-> Improved following system (will be very tricky but I wouldn't be Mike if I didn't get it done)
-> Castle wars
-> A second pet-related quest (requires completion of the first one as well as a fully grown pet)
-> Revamp of the zombie minigame & added highscores for the minigame
-> Revamp of clan wars
-> New looks for the website and forums
-> Further improving of the staff control panel so cases can be handled faster and easier

That's not all of course, but these are my current todo's. More will come later :)
plz

Infection
Wise One

Post by Infection » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:04 am

Good luck on your internship! Great looking updates coming up!

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:52 am

Justin wrote:Castle wars:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Holy shit a quest series...wowowowowowowowoowowowowowoowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow
I'm more excited about that list of updates than what I've been in the past with updates....

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:40 am

Good luck with your internship Mike!
I am really looking forward to these updates, especially the quests and castle wars :D

Ross
Premium Donator

Post by Ross » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:13 am

Mike, you need to hire another developer, one that can make small updates but keeps the players enticed.
Many new updates will be released in june and july, then I'll once again have loads of spare time.
I fully appreciate what you're doing and that you simply don't have the time but 4/5 and a half months away, the playerbase we grew from Construction is going to whittle away and the advertisement campaign will have been useless.
Your players and overall site traffic has decreased over the past couple weeks and this is only going to be a reoccurring thing

Things a sub developer could do:
- Capes of Achievement
- Small custom events
- Implement content into the game code for you
- Fix content that's already in the game code (e.g Glacors)
- Add smaller, useful updates such as new potions or new methods of training a skill
- Have a more community based orientation which takes pressure off of you
- Sift through the ton of suggestions, collate the information and liaison with you

And that list was devised in about 2-3 minutes, the list could go on and on.
All in all Mike, I feel it's a good time to expand on PkHonor and make a real worthwhile investment to help it expand. When players come onto a new server one of the first things they will do is check the updates for an idea of content and when they see tri/quad monthly updates it doesn't look good for us at all so with a sub developer like this PkHonor WILL become the top server without a doubt, it's not even debatable.

But all this aside, I wish you the best of luck on your Internship and I hope everything pans out well for you.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:30 am

Wildprincess wrote:You already got me all hyped up. Nice too see you're organizing your work so well. If there's anything I miss is the Slayer xp buff, other than that I'm tearing.

Keep it up and good luck with your internship.
I had forgotten to mention that one. It's actually pretty high on my todo-list.

Fixed:
-> Bonus slayer xp and point rewards for completing consecutive tasks without resetting one

Rick
Premium Donator

Post by Rick » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:32 am

No Completionist and Max cape on the list??
Im about to cry!!!

Check thread 2078 and 2079!

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:35 am

Rick wrote:No Completionist and Max cape on the list??
Im about to cry!!!

As I've said before, I'm not going to release broken capes.
So until a 3d-modeler can fix them, they won't get on my to-do list. Now please stop asking for it.

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:42 am

Mike wrote:
Rick wrote:No Completionist and Max cape on the list??
Im about to cry!!!

As I've said before, I'm not going to release broken capes.
So until a 3d-modeler can fix them, they won't get on my to-do list. Now please stop asking for it.
What is wrong with it atm? I can try my best at it :P I've had some experience with modelling through Unity and such (used Blender & Cinema 4D quite alot).

But, the last time I checked; the cape looked fine, and the inside of the cape was non-transparent; like it should be. However, that might not be the broken part.

Also, best of luck with the internship!
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image