PkHonor in the long term

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

PkHonor in the long term

Post by Mike » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:49 pm

With the increase of players in recent months, so also does my workload increase. I receive dozens of mails every day and PkHonor is short-staffed for the amount of players that we have.

With the new help system, we're hoping players receive faster and better help while reducing the workload of our moderators and helpers. However, the amount of cases we receive (refunds, chargebacks, donation refunds, appeals, recoveries, etc.) keeps increasing ever faster.

In order to increase the efficiency of our staff team and reduce my workload, I'm currently working on a new Staff Control Panel and Support system, where staff members will have easier access to logs, be able to look up information faster than ever before and have more control over things. In the long term, there will also be a ticketing system where players can fill in a form with information in regards to refunds, donation problems, donation refunds, appeals, recoveries, player reports, staff reports and so forth. This will replace some of the current forums that we have, and will allow for *much* faster and efficient handling, since players will be required to fill in data in the correct format, a lot of information will be automatically looked up (depending on the info provided by the player) and staff members will have more control over things (with the proper restrictions to prevent abuse, of course).
With the addition of some automated services, players will get help faster than ever before and the workload of myself and the staff team will be lower than ever before.

That being said, there will be few in-game updates in the weeks to come since I will be mostly focused on this staff CP and support system. There will be some improvements to the combat system (with the help of the combat committee) but other than that there are no planned in-game updates for the next few weeks.

These changes are necessary to ensure PkHonor's long-term survival, especially if we keep having this large amount of players.
And also because of this: considering this is my last year of college, I am required to do an internship at a company between the months of February and June. During this period, I will have to work from 8AM to 5PM (and it won't be until 7PM when I can work on PkHonor), meaning I will not be able to do all that much for PkHonor during this period. Plus, I also have a thesis to finish by June, so I'll have about 3 hours spare time each day, at most.
To keep up our customer service and to make sure I can still release regular in-game updates during this period, the new support system is an absolute must. Otherwise, I'd spend every evening doing nothing but answering mails and forum posts and I wouldn't have any time for any actual coding.

Also: first person to tell me to look at their refund/appeal/report/... gets a free forums ban and in-game mute. I have an entire community to look after, your problems are the last of my concerns, sorry. You'll be looked after in due time but please stop trying to push my buttons.

(Stefan accidentally deleted my original post, lawl)

Maurits
Honor Player

Re: PkHonor in the long term

Post by Maurits » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:51 pm

Like I said before it was deleted, if you need something you may aswell contact me instead of Mike.

Stefan
Advisor

Post by Stefan » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:51 pm

I just murdered myself by laughing too hard, lmao.

The vaultboy

Post by The vaultboy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:52 pm

Good fight Stefan good fight LOL!!!! I think Stefan bought his coffin after he deleted it. Well Mike you need a vacation. Florida sounds, good right? I know a few good places to kick back and relax.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:55 pm

Stefan the newb...

Can't wait to check out this new system, good luck in school.

Pls senpai
Premium Donator

Post by Pls senpai » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:12 pm

Shout out to stefan for Mike thanking me then him ripping the thanks away like a noob.

Psychogasmic
Premium Donator

Post by Psychogasmic » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:47 am

That sounds like a great plan, Mike.

Whatever it takes to pull in more players and keep everything under control. :D

So proud of all the improvements made in the server while I was gone.

Bl00d 1

Post by Bl00d 1 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:48 am

So proud of where Pkhonor came from to where we are now. Continuing to grow... Work hard = Play hard!

Tobias
Honor Player

Post by Tobias » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:04 am

Bl00d 1 wrote:So proud of where Pkhonor came from to where we are now. Continuing to grow... Work hard = Play hard!

Akon, David Guetta, Ne-Yo I gotcha!
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

I'm gone.

Migetmanz
Premium Donator

Post by Migetmanz » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:16 am

you are my god