Chaotic weapon rebalancing

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Should we lower the stats of the Chaotic crossbow, rapier and maul?

Yes, lower the bonuses of the Chaotic crossbow, rapier and maul as proposed
52%
Yes, lower the bonuses of the Chaotic crossbow, rapier and maul, but not exactly as proposed (post your suggested stat changes below)
6%
Yes, lower them to be exactly as the Armadyl crossbow, Ghrazi rapier and Elder maul, so they become a degradeable version of these weapons
9%
No, leave the bonuses exactly as they are
26%
I don't have a strong opinion about this
7%

Total votes: 54

Brant
Fanatic

Re: Chaotic weapon rebalancing

Post by Brant » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:42 am

Sniper wolf wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:35 am makes no sense to nerf tier 80 weapons to stats lower than tier 70 weapons.
Tiers are non existant for osrs

Sniper wolf
Premium Donator

Post by Sniper wolf » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:48 am

Brant wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:42 am
Sniper wolf wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:35 am makes no sense to nerf tier 80 weapons to stats lower than tier 70 weapons.
Tiers are non existant for osrs
this is not osrs?

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:51 am

Convert all existing to pkp and just make them that much more expensive that the other items are worth using too. So ur rapier gives u 1200pkp back and the shop price is now like 12000pkp instead. Now both Ghrazi rapier and chaotic rapier both have their place in the meta.

Downside is all irons and stuff might lose their main hand for now, but that's very temporary and less of a downside than the nerf and rebalancing issues. It's something you can easily recover from plus you had the perks of using them early for cheap while from now on that's not possible anymore.

/sleep deprived brain
#Justice4Church

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:18 am

Iron adam wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:08 pm
Thearlygamer wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:48 pm Chaotic crossbow:
Ranged attack: +120
→ Ranged attack: +92
That would make it basically a rune crossbow. I think this would be nerfing it too far.
I could see that, let’s make it +95 then
The underdog wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:51 am Convert all existing to pkp and just make them that much more expensive that the other items are worth using too. So ur rapier gives u 1200pkp back and the shop price is now like 12000pkp instead. Now both Ghrazi rapier and chaotic rapier both have their place in the meta.

Downside is all irons and stuff might lose their main hand for now, but that's very temporary and less of a downside than the nerf and rebalancing issues. It's something you can easily recover from plus you had the perks of using them early for cheap while from now on that's not possible anymore.

/sleep deprived brain
Would potentially piss off any players who 1-2b is a lot for them and they just spent what they had to get a rapier or ccb just for it to turn into pkh points that they can’t get the same gp/value from.
This is really an irrelevant argument when it takes 5 minutes to get 99 range, but just for the sake of discussion it doesn’t matter because our current situation is these level 80 weapons are too easy to obtain, are too strong, and are too baked into the eco that just hitting a delete button wouldn’t do the players justice. That’s why we’re trying to find a middle ground to make everyone happy, but if it makes you feel better I’d support changing these to a level 70 or 75 requirement weapon instead of 80’s since I’m sure OSRS is probably going to come out with a level 80-85 weapon soon enough considering how they want to reintroduce Nex with an attachment for the ACB to make it even stronger.
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Lane123
Premium Donator

Post by Lane123 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:53 am

Honestly, it would make more sense to balance out chaotics and buff the end game content, we're a private server after all. You could give the end game content some private server flair, ala custom whips. nerf chaotics like 10-20% in overall performance. Porting over OSRS content and making it trying to fit the scaling of a private server is a real pain. Chaotics degrade and you have to spend something to repair it, it has a cost. The OSRS counter parts do not, you just straight up buy them, and you're set, forever. There is a lot of options to shift the power of chaotics to something people can deem suitable. Chaotics dont have to be removed. You can either shift them to something akin to the idea of dungeoneering (always hated it as a skill, wish it was an open minigame that could also form parties) so it makes it of a common item(s). With throwing around the idea of having end game content have the private server flair, you could slap on some unique passives for them. I really liked the idea of the custom whips having effects,and wish that was expanded upon. And like a lot of people brought up, whats gonna happen to d claws? it would be great for an upgrade/cosmetic kit (claws suck for pvp so a stat kit would be :prayge:) plus it makes up for something in the droptable. So, if we're nerfing chaotics to make those end game content items perform better (because of stat nerfs) whats the argument for custom whips? you can just buy those. And speaking of custom whips, what's the point of having those items when I could just use a chaos or souls whip?

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:59 am

The CCB should be a degradable Dragon Crossbow imo, giving that item some use as well. Rapier should be a degradable hasta, making Ghrazi BIS for stab with Hasta as a cheaper and slightly worse alternative I think? Whatever the end result of that hasta vs Ghrazi comparison is, I think it's way better than the "use chaotic rapier if you need stab unless you're fighting dragons" meta we have right now

Obviously the PKP prices in the shop should be changed (as well as chaotic kits) to reflect the fact that chaotics would be going from very strong to being degradeable versions of 1-3b items

For the other items I'd say cmaul being a degradeable elder maul and and chaotic staff being a degradeable staff of light/sotd (they have the same stats I think) would be reasonable. There's no second-tier item option for the maul class, unless you wanna do like AGS stats? But meh, cmaul isn't really used a lot anyway. As long as it's not better than the elder maul it works out if you ask me
Lane123 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:53 am So, if we're nerfing chaotics to make those end game content items perform better (because of stat nerfs) whats the argument for custom whips? you can just buy those. And speaking of custom whips, what's the point of having those items when I could just use a chaos or souls whip?
Well, chaotics have stab, slash, crush, ranged, and mage variants. With customs you just have slash melee. Also, customs don't outclass the BIS slash item assuming you have a comp cape, though it's probably pretty close.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:47 pm

Raj wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:59 am
Lane123 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:53 am So, if we're nerfing chaotics to make those end game content items perform better (because of stat nerfs) whats the argument for custom whips? you can just buy those. And speaking of custom whips, what's the point of having those items when I could just use a chaos or souls whip?
Well, chaotics have stab, slash, crush, ranged, and mage variants. With customs you just have slash melee. Also, customs don't outclass the BIS slash item assuming you have a comp cape, though it's probably pretty close.
Their additional effects heavily outweigh the extra few stats tho

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:09 pm

Fungamer wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:47 pm Their additional effects heavily outweigh the extra few stats tho
Comp cape + scythe is meta for large bosses where slash/crush work, and I'm sure the whips were tested while that meta has evolved. The problem with chaotics is that you can use any given one of them anywhere, and they're as strong as customs. I can build a whole ToB preset with only chaotic weapons and do reasonable DPS. CoX too, and you actually need crush there, but it's not a problem. The same can't be said for customs. And the strength for customs is their perks which you mentioned, which are restricted to
a. Slash melee (using the whip) and
b. A cape which takes like 1-2k hours to get for most people, and even using that cape, the customs themselves aren't actually that useful as weapons to complement the capes, because the whips themselves are still restricted to places you can use slash

Also, if chaotics had a price which supported them having endgame strength, it wouldn't really be a problem. With customs that's kind of the case.