Pathing & PvP - Development Blog - February 26th 2020

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Ayeno1
Premium Donator

Re: Pathing & PvP - Development Blog - February 26th 2020

Post by Ayeno1 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:25 pm

Was really thinking about upgrades increasing the capacity that cannons hold but I like that about increasing it power. Would be good to have a sink costing like 3k points and 2-3b.

Lykos
Premium Donator

Post by Lykos » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:31 am

Yes, love everything I'm reading. Especially the BH store revamp, imbued god capes are something I've always wanted to see implemented into the game.

On the subject of the PkPoint Store, I think it's also fair to mention the current state of donator/premium zones and their respective stores. While adding a bit of custom taste and unique personality to the PkPoint Store is a perfect idea; I for one will always stand in support for recycling previous holiday items into the stores as well (Gnome Scarf, Event Pets, etc).
Beloved items like Cape of Legends and Initiate are already pretty much locked out of the game due to being discontinued items with high market values. Why does the team insist on continuing to hold back harmless items such as the Gnome Scarf? We're on an RSPS for a reason right?

Nonetheless, amazing job. The server is growing and I'd like to see the momentum continue.
THE DISCONTINUED-DRIVEN RUNESCAPE PRIVATE SERVER

Rest In Peace Lieven

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:06 am

Thoby wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:58 pm Our last suggestion would be to add in cannon upgrades. We are still discussing this one, but we are imagining upgrading the damage and capacity of Dwarf multi cannon. What would you think of that?
If we plan to implement the grotesque guardians id shy away from cannon upgrades as granite cannon balls would fill that need.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:07 am

Lykos wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:31 am I for one will always stand in support for recycling previous holiday items into the stores as well (Gnome Scarf, Event Pets, etc).
off my fucking gnome scarfs you absolute degenerate :evil: :evil:

Expenditure
Rookie

Post by Expenditure » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:16 am

Hey! on the note of dead content, i dont think adding last man standing would be worth the time spent coding it; any other server including main game osrs it became dead content 1 week after implementation and i feel like the time you spend coding that could be used somewhere else (similar to castle wars). Even if its to incentivize newer players to get into pking. Im a little split down the middle on the youtuber rank as it could bring more players to the server, but at the same time provide entitlement to those creating content, what would be the requirements to get the "rank" etc etc. Otherwise looking forward to everything else and happy coding!

Cancerstick
Wise One

Post by Cancerstick » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:51 am

Expenditure wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:16 am Hey! on the note of dead content, i dont think adding last man standing would be worth the time spent coding it; any other server including main game osrs it became dead content 1 week after implementation and i feel like the time you spend coding that could be used somewhere else (similar to castle wars). Even if its to incentivize newer players to get into pking. Im a little split down the middle on the youtuber rank as it could bring more players to the server, but at the same time provide entitlement to those creating content, what would be the requirements to get the "rank" etc etc. Otherwise looking forward to everything else and happy coding!
I think LMS could and possibly would be a nice minigame to add, but like he said, keeping it active enough to make the time spent coding worthwhile.

If there were some kind of rewards, not OP, not complete garbage, that were available through points earned while playing the game, I think this could help combat it becoming dead content almost immediately after release. Would irons and normies get the same rewards?

I would also suggest thinking about a min/max player req for games, with the possibility of maybe programing some NPCS/bots to play against if you just can't get anyone to go play. Thinking further down the line here after the initial release hype/everyone has what they want from it. If something like this were to be implemented, would probably want reduced points/tickets given to the actual player so it couldn't be quickly farmed.

On the YouTuber ranks.... I think it could be very beneficial to the server as a whole. Keep in mind, depending on how successfull someone was at getting videos out and new people joining the server... is the server prepared for a sudden influx of players? Not saying this would happen or that the server would crash, but it's always better to be prepared. I hope there would be some kind of vetting process where the person wanting the rank would have to have x amount of views or x amount of "quality" videos put out per however long. Just don't fall into the same thing I've seen other places, where these "content creators" are able to spawn crap and give it away for the purposes of videos and what not

Est killer2
Premium Donator

Post by Est killer2 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:42 pm

For the LMS not to become dead content is that, it must be timed event, starts every 2h for example and rewards top 3 places with pkp, cash, bh points or pc points for example, also could add lms point shop with some limited rewards, tome of fire, pages for tome and more. That way this minigame will be worth it to participate and it won't be nothing too op with rewards, as a game starts every few hours.

With surge spell, i would love to see tome of fire, because surge spell alone is nothing special compared to ancient magics. Tome of fire could be obtained from lms like stated before or just added to bh store, could also be added to slayer point store, limitless options. Ofcourse the new items must be usually 100k+ points each, as i can see they are going to be somewhat good items :D

Jonas
Fanatic

Post by Jonas » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:17 pm

Excited to see where this is going. Stumped that I can't play due to having high personal standards to achieve in school, life and my relationship.
Can anyone PM me Pkhonor YT content creators so I can watch them when I have free time?

Pim
Premium Donator

Post by Pim » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:27 am

Lmaao ring of vigour (i) that shit will make me download pkh and come ags double maul some freaks :headbang: :headbang:

Its flat
Known Venturer

Post by Its flat » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:59 pm

In regards to pvp equipment, I remember finding it so weird that as an ironman the pvp equipment was BIS so soon in the game. I had the chaotic rapier before I got my first whip drop from abby demons and it made doing slayer feel totally pointless since the pvp equipment is already my BIS gear. Pkh points are so easy to get there's not much motivation to do pvm for gear. Because of this I focused on skilling and I ignored slayer until the recent slayer update.

Why don't we simply adjust to prices to be more inline with the current economy? For example, the chaotic rapier is stronger than the ghrazi rapier (5B), but weaker than a custom whip (17-25B). So why not adjust the shop price to cost pkh points + coins? We have this price system for other things? It currently costs only 1200 pkh points. I think it should cost more like 6000 pkh points and 10B coins.

Another example is vesta plateskirt, which only costs 500 pkh points. It is stronger than bandos tassets (1.8-2.1B) and weaker than torva platelegs (20-24B). I think it should cost 5000 pkh points and 7.5B coins.

If the prices are adjusted, then all players with pvp equipment will need to have it removed from their bank and the pkh points refunded. Then they can be re-bought from the shop with the new prices.

Otherwise they should be removed completely. Nerfing them will cause confusion for new players, they are iconic for being very strong weapons/armour. New players might not check the stats before buying and using them. Then they might be annoyed when they find out later on.