Combat Achievements Beta

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Raj
Developer

Re: Combat Achievements Beta

Post by Raj » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:31 pm

Mvpranger wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:10 pm Hi @Raj ,

Will the No banking, ge and shops challenges also be failed if you trade with a player in between the raids? Otherwise, you can just trade an alt and restock, which is basically the same as using a bank.

Thanks, I will make it so the tasks fail on trade screen open

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:59 pm

What’s ETA of this update? @Raj

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:04 pm

Will be ok2 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:59 pm What’s ETA of this update? @Raj
It’s in a line behind no less than 2 other pieces of work. I still have to do the rewards and some Zulrah achievements anyway. Currently I’m cranking out the QoL Adam asked for. I wouldn’t expect this to be ready very soon, but who’s to say. Other things will be coming to keep you guys occupied til then anyway

Mvpranger
Premium Donator

Post by Mvpranger » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:57 pm

Raj wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:31 pm Thanks, I will make it so the tasks fail on trade screen open
Np, is it also possible to give a message like: you have completed 1/3 tob runs without using a bank, and also a message when you break the streak? Did a test run and couldnt find a message like that. Also helps with finding bugs regarding keeping the streak.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:58 pm

Mvpranger wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:57 pm
Raj wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:31 pm Thanks, I will make it so the tasks fail on trade screen open
Np, is it also possible to give a message like: you have completed 1/3 tob runs without using a bank, and also a message when you break the streak? Did a test run and couldnt find a message like that. Also helps with finding bugs regarding keeping the streak.
Sure. For every endurance task or just the no banking?

As in, should Graardor kills also say “1/50 kills without leaving?”. I’m going to assume no because there’s 2 or 3 separate graardor endurance tasks if I’m remembering right.

Edit: I’ve had a design thought that would let me print out only the lowest endurance task message. Like, it would say 1/30 graardor, until you finish, then it’d say 31/50. I feel it might still be much spam though. There’s no chance of adding settings for each individual achievement. Would be gross to set up anyway for a player

Mvpranger
Premium Donator

Post by Mvpranger » Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:10 pm

Raj wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:58 pm Sure. For every endurance task or just the no banking?

As in, should Graardor kills also say “1/50 kills without leaving?”. I’m going to assume no because there’s 2 or 3 separate graardor endurance tasks if I’m remembering right.

Edit: I’ve had a design thought that would let me print out only the lowest endurance task message. Like, it would say 1/30 graardor, until you finish, then it’d say 31/50. I feel it might still be much spam though. There’s no chance of adding settings for each individual achievement. Would be gross to set up anyway for a player
I think it is necessary for the no bank tasks because of the way you can keep track and see where you fuck up, the other endurance task you can sort of track yourself already by looking at your starting kc and count how many you need. For the endurance task, the message would feel more like a QoL implementation.

Edit: Also Challenge number 183 "Complete the fight caves without Jad being healed" is a Grandmaster challange atm, (imo) this should be an Elite/Master task. If you have a comp cape and can double spec it's almost guaranteed to complete this. Also the challenges look great, but i dont know how i feel about 70% of the Grandmaster challenges being time trails, is there any specific reason for this? And are you open for suggestions for different kind of challenges that we as community can submit?
Last edited by Mvpranger on Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Silliekill
Honor Player

Post by Silliekill » Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:13 pm

Raj wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:58 pm
Mvpranger wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:57 pm
Sure. For every endurance task or just the no banking?

Maybe also a toggleable option to showcase failed achievements like it is in osrs:

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:14 pm

Silliekill wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:13 pm Maybe also a toggleable option to showcase failed achievements like it is in osrs:
Can happen
Mvpranger wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:10 pm Edit: Also Challenge number 183 "Complete the fight caves without Jad being healed" is a Grandmaster challange atm, (imo) this should be an Elite/Master task. If you have a comp cape and can double spec it's almost guaranteed to complete this. Also the challenges look great, but i dont know how i feel about 70% of the Grandmaster challenges being time trails, is there any specific reason for this? And are you open for suggestions for different kind of challenges that we as community can submit?
That’s there because I believe the healers aggro after like one tick or so. The windows pretty small. And getting to jad is a time sink.

Also, the reason they’re mostly speed tasks is because there aren’t a lot of non-speed tasks, and there’s about 20 speed tasks. The reason there’s 20 speed tasks is because any lower tier with a speed task was included in the grandmasters.

You can submit whatever you want

Edit: I might move things around a bit, depending how strong the master tier rewards are, in terms of the jad thing

Mvpranger
Premium Donator

Post by Mvpranger » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:32 pm

Ello @Raj ,

Regarding the corp beast time trials, have you taken into account the fact that iron accounts need to deal 800 HP less damage than main accounts? It doesn't quite seem fair that both types of accounts are expected to complete the challenge in the same amount of time, while one game mode has to deal with a significant damage disadvantage.