Wilderness Changes - Bughunter contest

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: Wilderness Changes - Bughunter contest

Post by Iron adam » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:53 am

Mvpranger wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:20 am
Isaac wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:07 am

2. Spell-book button turns a different colour depending on the type of your magic spells (i.e Ancients, Normal or Lunar spellbooks)

Hasnt this always been the case and is it intentional
yes :joy: :joy: same with Naztrooth

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:03 am

Hello gamers,

I'm about to deploy some changes to the test server. You will very likely need to re-download your client.

Here is a summary.
  • Charged items will now display warnings for irremovable components (like blood shards in the Blood Fury) across the board.
  • You can now have multiple of the same charged item. You cannot equip an item which has 0 charges, with a few exceptions. Specifically, these are meant to be the Revenant weapons, the Bracelet of Ethereum, and the Scythe of Vitur. Charges are still shared across all charged variants of the item on your account, as Ethereum bracelets were before.
  • "Enter amount" functionality when charging an item has been expanded to all the items affected by this change.
  • This is largely a backend refactor, but every existing feature for charged items was touched in some way and could use testing.

List of affected items:
  • Trident of the Seas
  • Trident of the Swamp
  • Serpentine Helm
  • Magma Helm
  • Tanzanite Helm
  • Toxic Blowpipe
  • Magma Blowpipe
  • Serpentine Blowpipe
  • Toxic Staff of the Dead
  • Ring of Suffering
  • Imbued Ring of Suffering
  • Arclight
  • Sanguinesti Staff
  • Scythe of Vitur
  • Craw's Bow
  • Thammaron's Sceptre
  • Viggora's Chainmace
  • Bracelet of Ethereum
  • Tome of Fire
  • Blood Fury
  • Nex items

Testing is needed for like everything related to those items. The Revenant weapons in particular. Thanks everyone.

Note:
Repair stands aren't going to work with Nex gear for now. Call it an oversight. Don't bother reporting any bugs related to Nex gear and armor repair stands. I will fix it if the rest of the refactor is in relatively good shape. You can charge Nex gear by directly using Ancient Repair kits on it for now, repair stands will have an RNG chance to save the kit like Chaotics.

Attack like
Honor Player

Post by Attack like » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:04 am

Will be ok2 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:25 am Pretty cool update, I’ve got a concern about the the gmaul though. We already struggle to get people pking quickly upon login and it’s already difficult to convince people to pk as it is. I think this new gmaul will be a massive negative with a 750M price tag on it to buy back from refund box.
then dont rely fully on a 2x gmaul spec if ur not willing to risk 750m lol

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:42 am

Nazuths wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:32 pm
Fungamer wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:24 pm
Nazuths wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:49 pm
- Loot keys will no longer show up inside a loot key, any redundant keys are lost,
So if I kill player A and get their key & player B kills me after that, player B wont get player A's key? Wouldn't the other key drop alongside it (no keys in keys)? iirc thats how it works on osrs (even has different skulls) so I feel like this would be confusing and frustrating for some new/OSRS players.

Could be reading this wrong tho
If you kill someone that has keys, the keys should be added to your inventory or dropped on the ground if not enough space, it shouldn't go inside other loot keys, like it would, which I've now made a change for. I hope this makes more sense, very tough to explain loot keys in general. They should function identically as explained on the OSRS wiki, any deviation from that would be considered a bug (except for the tradeability of the keys, that is something I explicitly added for PkHonor).
Oh yeah perfect in that case

Hunterhonour
Premium Donator

Post by Hunterhonour » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:10 pm

Some bugs with the charged item changes:

EDIT:Edit: How do you charge the new rev weapons? I'm using ether on it but nothing. Spawning an empty charged version of the craws for example with the ID of 22550 can be charged. But the (u) from the pvm drop and even the ID cannot be charged, bug?

Bug 1: The uncharge button doesn't work, to uncharge an item you have to try and drop it then go through the warning for it to be uncharged. I tested this again with all items and it just looks like the buttons are misplaced, could be an issue for everyone or just for me because I still have missing UI elements even with the latest cache and stuff (like the loot key interface). Drop uncharges the item, uncharge doesnt do anything. With a ring of suffering, the recoil settings is check, check is check, uncharge is recoil settings and so on.

Bug 2 (invincibility): If you have any uncharged item that you risk at death (Skulled no protect item On) you won't die. You drop to 0, the game writes the dead dialogue stuff, awards PK points and an emblem if you were a target, you don't lose any items. But after you're character gets stuck in the death animation you can spam click to gain back control and do whatever (fighting back again, trade, bank, etc). I also managed to not die in PvM situations if I activated the bug through PvP (Dying skulled in PvM kills you, also eating after doing the bug and dying also kills you)

Some screenshots:
20221220_114747.png
20221220_120121.png
20221220_120127.png
20221220_120130.png
20221220_120711.png
I'll do more tests with the uncharged stuff.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:38 pm

Hunterhonour wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:10 pm Some bugs with the charged item changes:

EDIT:Edit: How do you charge the new rev weapons? I'm using ether on it but nothing. Spawning an empty charged version of the craws for example with the ID of 22550 can be charged. But the (u) from the pvm drop and even the ID cannot be charged, bug?

Bug 1: The uncharge button doesn't work, to uncharge an item you have to try and drop it then go through the warning for it to be uncharged. I tested this again with all items and it just looks like the buttons are misplaced, could be an issue for everyone or just for me because I still have missing UI elements even with the latest cache and stuff (like the loot key interface). Drop uncharges the item, uncharge doesnt do anything. With a ring of suffering, the recoil settings is check, check is check, uncharge is recoil settings and so on.

Bug 2 (invincibility): If you have any uncharged item that you risk at death (Skulled no protect item On) you won't die. You drop to 0, the game writes the dead dialogue stuff, awards PK points and an emblem if you were a target, you don't lose any items. But after you're character gets stuck in the death animation you can spam click to gain back control and do whatever (fighting back again, trade, bank, etc). I also managed to not die in PvM situations if I activated the bug through PvP (Dying skulled in PvM kills you, also eating after doing the bug and dying also kills you)

Some screenshots:
20221220_114747.png
20221220_120121.png
20221220_120127.png
20221220_120130.png
20221220_120711.png

First one, thank you.

With regards to the menu entries, please let me know exactly which items it applies to, and their IDs ideally. It will only be some of them.

Thanks as well on the third.

I’ll try to deploy fixes for 1 and 3 at some point. I may revert the changes to the test server, and redeploy the entire thing later. However it’d be great to know the items with incorrect menu entries beforehand. The check and uncharge options need to be checked.

For clarity, 1 is your edit, 2 is bug 1, and 3 is bug 2. Lol

Hunterhonour
Premium Donator

Post by Hunterhonour » Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:10 pm

Raj wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:38 pm
Hunterhonour wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:10 pm Some bugs with the charged item changes:

Some screenshots:
20221220_114747.png
20221220_120121.png
20221220_120127.png
20221220_120130.png
20221220_120711.png

First one, thank you.

With regards to the menu entries, please let me know exactly which items it applies to, and their IDs ideally. It will only be some of them.

Thanks as well on the third.

I’ll try to deploy fixes for 1 and 3 at some point. I may revert the changes to the test server, and redeploy the entire thing later. However it’d be great to know the items with incorrect menu entries beforehand. The check and uncharge options need to be checked.

For clarity, 1 is your edit, 2 is bug 1, and 3 is bug 2. Lol
My edits were just questions and not a bug report. Bug 1 and 2 are my bug reports.
As for the items:
Uncharged Trident of the Seas, all forms of it so technically all IDs. There is also the (e) version which can be used as a melee weapon but IDK if that's obtainable in normal PKH
Uncharged Toxic Trident of the swamp, same situation with the first one.
Both Ring of suffering (r)s, imbued and non imbued with the IDs: 20657 for RI and 20655 for R
All zulrah helms and blowpipes work fine.Although, spawning an empty charged version of one of the blowpipes like ID:43432 and unloading/uncharging spawns 2 in your inventory, not sure if this has to do anything with the main game but just incase!
Arclight check option doesnt work.

I went through all the items you listed in the update and tried their options, these should be the only ones with issues hopefully. Edit: Oh yeh and the rev weapons (u) not being able to charge with ether.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:29 pm

Hunterhonour wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:10 pm My edits were just questions and not a bug report. Bug 1 and 2 are my bug reports.
Your questions turned out to be bug reports
Hunterhonour wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:10 pm I went through all the items you listed in the update and tried their options, these should be the only ones with issues hopefully. Edit: Oh yeh and the rev weapons (u) not being able to charge with ether.
I can't emphasize enough how chad-like this is

Hunterhonour
Premium Donator

Post by Hunterhonour » Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:41 pm

Raj wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:29 pm
Hunterhonour wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:10 pm My edits were just questions and not a bug report. Bug 1 and 2 are my bug reports.
Your questions turned out to be bug reports
Glad I posted them then!

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:56 pm

For Niels and Mike, fixed these bugs with HunterHonour's help:

1. Incorrect menu entries for some charged items (minor)
2. Blowpipe uncharge issues (minor)
3. Item activation fixes (rev weapons) (minor)
4. Broken death processing when dying with charged variants of charged items containing charges low enough that they wouldn't produce drops (i.e below 4000 for a Nex item). (gamebreaking, major, idk)

For everyone else, I'll redeploy the changes to the test server at some point.

Edit:
I've redeployed the changes to the test server. To make sure your menu entries are all up to date, re-download your client.