To participate in the contest, simply download our test client (or the portable version) and try out all new features that come with this update. If you find any bugs (that are otherwise not bugs on the live server), please report it as a reply on this topic. Make sure to include your game username in one of your bug reports so we (aka Mike) know where to add the credits at the end of the contest.
Note: Unlike previous bughunters/beta servers, we have copied everyone's accounts over to the test server a few hours ago (your progression on the test server has no effect on your production account).
Update contents Some useful commands on the testserver: The contest will be ongoing until 8 January 2023.
Bughunter contest ends in:
Bughunter contest rules & guidelines
- Whenever you encounter an in-game bug, make a post about it as a reply to this thread. Please try to be as specific as possible so we can reproduce the bug.
- Make sure you include your in-game username in one of your bug reports, so I know where to add the credits (if you never state your in-game name in any reports, you will not receive your reward).
- The first person to report a bug gets the points for it.
- Known bugs or bugs that are also present in the live production server do not result in any points.
- Double posting in this thread is allowed. If you edit a post, all bugs in that post will be treated as if being reported at the time of editing.
- When two or more people work together to find a bug , they all get the full amount of points for it. Please give credit where due.
- Developers are excluded from the contest, as they have intimate knowledge of the code.
- You get points based on the severity of a bug:
- 1 point for minor bugs, visual glitches & unintended pvm safespots.
- 2 points for relatively minor bugs, things that don't work or don't work the same way as in OSRS, wrong ID's (for example an NPC having the wrong ID or being spawned in the wrong place) etc.
- 3 points for general bugs.
- 4 points for major bugs.
- 5 points for game-breaking bugs.
- 10 points for dupes or massive exploits.
Thank you all for your help!