Wilderness Changes - Bughunter contest

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Hunterhonour
Premium Donator

Re: Wilderness Changes - Bughunter contest

Post by Hunterhonour » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:25 pm

Death bug again:
It's the same as the death bug I reported the other day except this time the trigger is different.

Cannot kill any UIM if they risk 1m+ skulled (no protect item) if you have these loot key settings:
settings.png
In this state the character cannot drop or loot items but can do anything else that is within UIM account restrictions.
uim.png
Picture of the bugged account.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:10 am

I've just deployed a change allowing the dropping of the charged items mentioned in the news post, re-download your client if you need to.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:20 pm

Welcome!

Solved as of now:
Spoiler: show
  • Coins will no longer disappear in the loot key if it goes beyond max integer value.
  • Empty-button from rune pouch is made functional
  • Dragon claws (i) special attack bar now indicates properly if it's activated or not
  • Potion decanting now allows using 100M/1B tickets as currency
  • You no longer get locked inside LMS when the last player was killed
  • Bug that caused players to not die in Wildy with loot keys enabled has been fixed
  • An unintended effect of the Vesta's longsword special attack drained your opponent's stats, this has been removed.
  • It should now be clearer whether loot key settings are actually on or off.

Unsolved mysteries:
Spoiler: show
Hunterhonour wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:31 pm Bug 2(Dupe): Another DUPE, this one actually dupes items. If you are skulled and your opponent is skulled, both of you obviously have items which can be valuable and expensive. You turn on retribution and kill each other at the SAME TIME (can be easily setup in test servers but shouldn't be hard in main game).

One of you gets 2 keys, 1 is the opponents loot, the other is your OWN loot which should be the key your opponent was supposed to get but since you died at the same time you take it from him (It worked 2 times, might be a PID thing). Now, your opponent goes back to where you died and he will find YOUR loot pile.

So, your OWN loot is duplicated. One in a form of a key you keep yourself and the other is it getting dropped to the ground so your opponent can loot it.
I have tried to replicate this but it seems to do exactly what it should do, is there something I'm missing?

Video for reference: https://streamable.com/n21sin
Hunterhonour wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:50 pm IGN:Hunterhonour

Bug (LMS): I don't know how or why but for some reason, I was trying an LMS game with alts (4/4 players). I killed everyone but I'm still inside the minigame. It stuck at 2/4 and Fog:Safe after killing the last alt, it should've turned into 1/4 and the minigame ends and I get my points. But I got softlocked instead. Fog doesn't progress and I cant teleport out. Logging out put me outside but I instantly died.

I tried replicating it by repeating what I was doing before but nothing so far. I don't know what happend with this one.
I can't quite get this to happen yet, if anyone stumbles upon this issue, please let me know what exactly happened so I can further look into it. Thanks in advance
For some of the changes, a new client is required, download it here

Hunterhonour
Premium Donator

Post by Hunterhonour » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:02 pm

Unsolved mysteries:
Hunterhonour wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:31 pm Bug 2(Dupe): Another DUPE, this one actually dupes items. If you are skulled and your opponent is skulled, both of you obviously have items which can be valuable and expensive. You turn on retribution and kill each other at the SAME TIME (can be easily setup in test servers but shouldn't be hard in main game).

One of you gets 2 keys, 1 is the opponents loot, the other is your OWN loot which should be the key your opponent was supposed to get but since you died at the same time you take it from him (It worked 2 times, might be a PID thing). Now, your opponent goes back to where you died and he will find YOUR loot pile.

So, your OWN loot is duplicated. One in a form of a key you keep yourself and the other is it getting dropped to the ground so your opponent can loot it.

I have tried to replicate this but it seems to do exactly what it should do, is there something I'm missing?
It was fixed by someone else I think sometime after I reported it.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:26 pm

am die

am get
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:43 pm

Hunterhonour wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:45 pm IGN: Hunterhonour
Extra stuff that I don't know if it's intended or not? (probably not):
If you have loot keys disabled and kill someone with 1 or more loot keys, you only get his items on the ground and his keys are deleted so no extra loot from them.
Ran into this too, can we discuss/poll this further?
I hear this is also the case on osrs? But it's kind of unexpected to me. I assumed loot keys = off = destroy all 'keys' instantly and just drop it to the floor. Not drop it out of existence. Didn't put much thought into it but yeah. The advantage of loot keys is to take 'all' of the opponents loot with you, not leaving half of it behind costing you supplies/other loot. But if we don't want that advantage doesn't mean we want to delete the entire loot. I guess you can toggle the tresholds to ur liking, but I don't see a big downside to off = normal drops on key kills.

At least Default = on was a good idea neels.

I had the example I kill u for 1t. I get ur key. u and ur clan kill me with ur 1t key before I escape, but the killer has loot keys disabled. Now 1t is removed from the game :derp:
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Diskid
Honor Player

Post by Diskid » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:24 pm

raising the cost to pk never lends itself to more people pking, the meta will stay the same, your just gonna make it harder for people to reach it by increasing the cost of using the vls and gmaul.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:03 pm

As of now I've made the following changes:
  • Loot keys dropped on the floor and then picked up would reset the key, this no longer happens.
  • Loot keys are now always on by default, they can't be turned off. The minimum threshold for valuable items is now set to 0 by default, meaning anything above 0 gp value drops to the ground. This makes it so that the scenario explained by @The underdog is no longer an issue.
The bughunter contest timer has officially ended now, everything reported has been fixed. We will be working on the final results of the bughunter contest and of course releasing the update.

Thanks everyone who participated in the bug hunting, it's very much appreciated!

Daymen
Premium Donator

Post by Daymen » Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:55 am

Nazuths wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:03 pm As of now I've made the following changes:
  • Loot keys dropped on the floor and then picked up would reset the key, this no longer happens.
  • Loot keys are now always on by default, they can't be turned off. The minimum threshold for valuable items is now set to 0 by default, meaning anything above 0 gp value drops to the ground. This makes it so that the scenario explained by @The underdog is no longer an issue.
The bughunter contest timer has officially ended now, everything reported has been fixed. We will be working on the final results of the bughunter contest and of course releasing the update.

Thanks everyone who participated in the bug hunting, it's very much appreciated!
DONATOR CREDS LOC?

Sorazery
Premium Donator

Post by Sorazery » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:17 am

Daymen wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:55 am
Nazuths wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:03 pm As of now I've made the following changes:

DONATOR CREDS LOC?
in my bedroom bro