Wilderness Changes - Bughunter contest

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Hunterhonour
Premium Donator

Re: Wilderness Changes - Bughunter contest

Post by Hunterhonour » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:31 pm

IGN: Hunterhonour with the help of IGN:Daymen

Bug 1: Dying with max cash doesn't go to the loot key or the floor, it gets deleted.

Bug 2(Dupe): Another DUPE, this one actually dupes items. If you are skulled and your opponent is skulled, both of you obviously have items which can be valuable and expensive. You turn on retribution and kill each other at the SAME TIME (can be easily setup in test servers but shouldn't be hard in main game).

One of you gets 2 keys, 1 is the opponents loot, the other is your OWN loot which should be the key your opponent was supposed to get but since you died at the same time you take it from him (It worked 2 times, might be a PID thing). Now, your opponent goes back to where you died and he will find YOUR loot pile.

So, your OWN loot is duplicated. One in a form of a key you keep yourself and the other is it getting dropped to the ground so your opponent can loot it.

Screenshots from both ends (me and the opponent Daymen)
20221219_181427.png
20221219_181407.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:11 pm

stonks

Jelle
Honor Player

Post by Jelle » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:20 pm

IGN: Houwuh

1: You can teleport out of lms the last second before the game starts and end up outside lms with all the items. You can then bank the items. The game still thinks you're in LMS.
20221219_191527.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:39 pm

Jelle wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:20 pm IGN: Houwuh

1: You can teleport out of lms the last second before the game starts and end up outside lms with all the items. You can then bank the items. The game still thinks you're in LMS.
20221219_191527.png
gz on 10 points! that's a whip dupe! :)

Hunterhonour
Premium Donator

Post by Hunterhonour » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:50 pm

IGN:Hunterhonour

Bug (LMS): I don't know how or why but for some reason, I was trying an LMS game with alts (4/4 players). I killed everyone but I'm still inside the minigame. It stuck at 2/4 and Fog:Safe after killing the last alt, it should've turned into 1/4 and the minigame ends and I get my points. But I got softlocked instead. Fog doesn't progress and I cant teleport out. Logging out put me outside but I instantly died.

I tried replicating it by repeating what I was doing before but nothing so far. I don't know what happend with this one.
20221219_193909.png

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:49 pm

Thank you everyone for the thorough bughunting so far, as of now I've pushed several changes to the test server.

- LMS will only allow 1 account per IP similar as The Nightmare (This won't have an effect on test servers for testing purposes)
- Ironmen can no longer retrieve loot from Loot keys, only destroy the contents thereof.
- You can now pick up the rope inside LMS and cross the river if you have one on you.
- Trading has been disabled inside Last Man Standing
- Last Man Standing teleport has been added to Minigame teleports
- Random events are now disabled inside LMS
- The Fun-PK exit location has been changed to the Ferox enclave
- Rune pouch now always displays empty, this is intended, however, it would not let you cast any of the spells that were intended to be casted. This has been fixed; the following spells are available inside LMS: Blood blitz and barrage, ice blitz and barrage
- Loot keys will no longer show up inside a loot key, any redundant keys are lost, the maximum amount of keys a player can hold is 5 keys. If a player has loot keys disabled and he kills a player with loot keys, they will be destroyed, this is intended. Killing someone when you already have 5 keys, makes the loot drop on the floor, this is also intended.
- Teleporting has been prevented inside the LMS lobby
- The fog is no longer invisible
- Momentarily I've changed the required amount of players to 2 for testing purposes, it will be 4 on release.
- Larran Jr. no longer drops on the ground on death

A new client is required for some of these changes; download the client. This client has the correct cache unlike the .jar client from what I've noticed. Points will be awarded at a later stage after consulting with my dad (Mike).

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:24 pm

Nazuths wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:49 pm
- Loot keys will no longer show up inside a loot key, any redundant keys are lost,
So if I kill player A and get their key & player B kills me after that, player B wont get player A's key? Wouldn't the other key drop alongside it (no keys in keys)? iirc thats how it works on osrs (even has different skulls) so I feel like this would be confusing and frustrating for some new/OSRS players.

Could be reading this wrong tho

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:32 pm

Fungamer wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:24 pm
Nazuths wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:49 pm
- Loot keys will no longer show up inside a loot key, any redundant keys are lost,
So if I kill player A and get their key & player B kills me after that, player B wont get player A's key? Wouldn't the other key drop alongside it (no keys in keys)? iirc thats how it works on osrs (even has different skulls) so I feel like this would be confusing and frustrating for some new/OSRS players.

Could be reading this wrong tho
If you kill someone that has keys, the keys should be added to your inventory or dropped on the ground if not enough space, it shouldn't go inside other loot keys, like it would, which I've now made a change for. I hope this makes more sense, very tough to explain loot keys in general. They should function identically as explained on the OSRS wiki, any deviation from that would be considered a bug (except for the tradeability of the keys, that is something I explicitly added for PkHonor).

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:07 am

1. Nasroth's head is super huge
Spoiler: show
[Image
2. Spell-book button turns a different colour depending on the type of your magic spells (i.e Ancients, Normal or Lunar spellbooks)

Regular
Ancients
Guthix
Image[/size]
Will update if I find more.

Mvpranger
Premium Donator

Post by Mvpranger » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:20 am

Isaac wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:07 am

2. Spell-book button turns a different colour depending on the type of your magic spells (i.e Ancients, Normal or Lunar spellbooks)

Hasnt this always been the case and is it intentional