Today, we have managed to wrap up the update of our cache to the latest version of OSRS, or more precisely, how it was on 16 November 2022.
A testserver, with a copy of our live player files from yesterday, has been set up and can be accessed by downloading this portable client: https://client.pkhonor.net/PkHonor_cach ... 221116.zip
Keep in mind that what you do on this testserver has no effect on your account on the live server whatsoever.
The last time we performed a cache update like this was on 23 June 2021. If you know of areas in OSRS that have changed between 23 June 2021 and now, be sure to check them out.
I invite all our players to log in on this test server and try out a few things, to see if this cache update broke anything. A few things to keep an eye out for, which could potentially have become messed up:
- Spawned NPC's, to see if they are in the right places (bosses, slayer NPC's, slayer masters, shopkeepers, ...)
- Object interaction (doors, ladders, altars, portals, revenant caves, ...)
- Objects that appear in the wrong place or areas that have changed in OSRS which messed something up in PkHonor
- Noclipping checks: being able to walk or shoot through solid objects or walls, or not being able to use ranged/magic over small objects or low walls.
- Check if the following information was correctly transferred from your live account as it was yesterday:
- Currently spawned pet (if you had one spawned yesterday)
- Collection log
- NPC killcounts
- Boss kill timers
- Current slayer task
- Blocked slayer tasks
The more people that check out the test server, the faster we can go ahead with the development of Nex and the Tombs of Amascut. Enjoy!