Cache update released on testserver - check it out [updated 23 November]

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Cache update released on testserver - check it out [updated 23 November]

Post by Mike » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:03 pm

[Update 23 November] I have released a new client with the most important bugs fixed. Your testclient should auto-update itself.

Today, we have managed to wrap up the update of our cache to the latest version of OSRS, or more precisely, how it was on 16 November 2022.
A testserver, with a copy of our live player files from yesterday, has been set up and can be accessed by downloading this portable client: https://client.pkhonor.net/PkHonor_cach ... 221116.zip
Keep in mind that what you do on this testserver has no effect on your account on the live server whatsoever.

The last time we performed a cache update like this was on 23 June 2021. If you know of areas in OSRS that have changed between 23 June 2021 and now, be sure to check them out.

I invite all our players to log in on this test server and try out a few things, to see if this cache update broke anything. A few things to keep an eye out for, which could potentially have become messed up:
  • Spawned NPC's, to see if they are in the right places (bosses, slayer NPC's, slayer masters, shopkeepers, ...)
  • Object interaction (doors, ladders, altars, portals, revenant caves, ...)
  • Objects that appear in the wrong place or areas that have changed in OSRS which messed something up in PkHonor
  • Noclipping checks: being able to walk or shoot through solid objects or walls, or not being able to use ranged/magic over small objects or low walls.
  • Check if the following information was correctly transferred from your live account as it was yesterday:
    • Currently spawned pet (if you had one spawned yesterday)
    • Collection log
    • NPC killcounts
    • Boss kill timers
    • Current slayer task
    • Blocked slayer tasks
Some useful commands that you can use on the testserver:
Spoiler: show
::item <itemid> <amount> (spawn items with id itemid), or ::i as shorthand. Check our items list to get the ID's of items, or use the ::item command with (part of) an item name as argument to find ID's. For example '::item cannon' (or '::i cannon') will list all items with their ID that have 'cannon' in the name
Note that the items from OSRS that we don't have available on PkHonor yet (such as the twisted bow) don't work properly yet. So no need to report bugs related to items that can only be obtained by spawning.
::adminset (spawn really strong items)
::master (get level 99 in all skills)
::noob (set all skills to 1)
::tele <x> <y> (teleport to x y)
::xplus <x> (move x squares east)
::xmin <x> (move x squares west)
::yplus <y> (move y squares north)
::ymin <y> (move y squares south)
::spec (restore spec bar)
::food (spawn rocktails)
::pkpoints (give yourself 500 pkpoints)
::slaypoints (give yourself 500 slayer points)
::ancient (switch to the ancient spellbook)
::lunar (switch to the lunar spellbook)
::normal (switch to the regular spellbook)
::prayer (switch between regular prayerbook & ancient curses)
::pray (regain full prayer points)
::bank (bank anywhere)
::xrich (spawn max coin stack)
::strset (spawn some melee items)
::rangeset (spawn some ranger items)
::ach (to complete or reset all achievements)
::q1, ::q2 and ::q3 (to complete or reset the quests Pest Invasion, The Last Journey and Correcting History)
::showbank <name> (show the bank of the player with username name)
::copybank <name> (copy the bank of the player with username name)
::showinv <name> (show the inventory of the player with username name)
::copyinv <name> (copy the inventory of the player with username name)
If you find anything wrong, please report it in this thread. We will make sure to fix these issues as quickly as we can. I already know of a few things that aren't correct, but I deliberately left them in to see if our players would report them ;)
The more people that check out the test server, the faster we can go ahead with the development of Nex and the Tombs of Amascut. Enjoy!

Fungamer
Developer

Re: Cache update released on testserver - check it out

Post by Fungamer » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:05 pm

pog

Markymark
Helper

Post by Markymark » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:09 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mozolis
Novice

Post by Mozolis » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:33 pm

When doing chamber on test server, when i try enter chamber room get crashed black screan 2x time church tele me to home andd all good, but when im crashed cant login

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:01 pm

Some items i noticed had the wrong item models in my bank are
corrupt statius fullhelm ID: 40408
statius fullhelm ID: 40128
Statius platelegs ID: 40168
vesta's spear ID: 40268
vesta's longsword ID: 40226
Statius platebody ID: 40148
vesta platebody cba with id
Every corrupted version from named above^ and also each level of charge.
(Only seems to happen once "Modern item model looks" box is checked in ::Settings.)

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:57 pm

It seems the punishment history didn't transfer over completely

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:15 pm

Vitur's slayer helm and imbued version do not show up in dialogues

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:38 pm

Nazuths wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:15 pm Vitur's slayer helm and imbued version do not show up in dialogues
I think custom headwear as a whole is broken for this. New nex items (like the charged custom variants, not the new OSRS Torva) display massively.
Screenshot 2022-11-22 163722.png
Other stuff:
  • Max hit dummies are doing some kind of idle animation where they move
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:40 am

Mozolis wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:33 pm When doing chamber on test server, when i try enter chamber room get crashed black screan 2x time church tele me to home andd all good, but when im crashed cant login
Thank you very much for reporting this, I have worked out a bugfix which appears to work, however I can't be sure it won't break anything else. I will release the new client with the bugfix tomorrow and let everyone know they need to download a new testclient.

Empty wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:01 pm Some items i noticed had the wrong item models in my bank are
corrupt statius fullhelm ID: 40408
statius fullhelm ID: 40128
Statius platelegs ID: 40168
vesta's spear ID: 40268
vesta's longsword ID: 40226
Statius platebody ID: 40148
vesta platebody cba with id
Every corrupted version from named above^ and also each level of charge.
(Only seems to happen once "Modern item model looks" box is checked in ::Settings.)
Thank you for reporting this. It appears the 3D models used for the "modern" ancient warrior equipment were overwritten by 3D models from the latest OSRS cache. Judging by how little difference there seems to be between the "modern" and "classic" look of the ancient warrior equipment, I have chosen to remove its modern look (at least for now) to fix this issue. If someone really, really wants to have its slightly different modern look as well, we can see about extracting the models from the current PkHonor cache and adding them as new models with different ID's, but I'm currently not going to go through the trouble for this.

Nazuths wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:57 pm It seems the punishment history didn't transfer over completely
I didn't transfer any logs from the live server, only the actual player files. Including all the logs would have taken too long to be worth the effort, so not exactly a bug (couldn't have known, of course).

Raj wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:38 pm
Nazuths wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:15 pm Vitur's slayer helm and imbued version do not show up in dialogues
I think custom headwear as a whole is broken for this. New nex items (like the charged custom variants, not the new OSRS Torva) display massively.
As far as I can tell, this is also the case on the live server. Not exactly gamebreaking, although I understand it's not how it's supposed to work. Maybe we'll figure this out someday, but I don't think I'll go through the extra effort to try to fix this right now.

Raj wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:38 pm Other stuff:
  • Max hit dummies are doing some kind of idle animation where they move
Will be fixed in tomorrow's testclient release, thank you! This is one of the bugs I was already aware of, I was just waiting until someone reported it :D .

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:16 pm

Update (excuse the double post): I have released a new client with the aforementioned bugfixes included.
Your testclient should auto-update itself. If not, please redownload it from the same link as before: https://client.pkhonor.net/PkHonor_cach ... 221116.zip