11 November Updates: QoL and bugfixes

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Uim killerb
Premium Donator

Re: 11 November Updates: QoL and bugfixes

Post by Uim killerb » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:09 pm

Raj wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:33 pm
Uim killerb wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:13 pm yes but i cant put it in lootbag, so if i go do x amout of melee i put 1 kit =4k charges and then i get rang task ill have to uncharged to put in and lose 3k charge everytime to do that its not really viabel in anyway for uims. i dont mind the system put make it abel to store in lootbag or something
Untradeables can't go in the looting bag, and charged items can't be tradeable. Those two things can't change. And even if they did go in your looting bag, you would still be risking the 3k charges when you die. Which is consistent with the idea that if you want to have the benefits of using Nex items, you need to charge them. If you don't want to pay the cost of using Nex items, don't use them.

In this case, I'd say you should not use Nex items for a single task, or accept the 2 repair kit per task cost if you want to use them and then proceed to uncharge them or suicide with them. Fortunately, killing Nex to farm repair kits is faster with the teleport option now. You probably also have a lot from when the migration happened and the old charges were refunded as kits. If not, because you're a UIM, that's the cost of playing a gamemode without a bank on a game designed for having a bank.

If you guys want to write actual proposals to rework it, feel free. While I'd like to explain in detail why every single mechanic is the way it is on this thread, I don't have the time for it.

edit: Adding more ancient repair kit sources is totally an option btw. We had decided to put it off because of the influx of ancient repair kits during the migration and wanting to see how things went. Would rather see this addressed that way.
im sorry for beging a pain in your ass, and i like the last thing about kit sources. but also theres a prob with nex item begin untrabel you can litterly keep the items on a pk death if you know how to

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:45 am

Uim killerb wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:09 pm but also theres a prob with nex item begin untrabel you can litterly keep the items on a pk death if you know how to
They convert to tradeable when you die and they're dropped. If there's a way around that, while still risking the item, I'm pretty curious about how, because it would apply to pretty much every Zulrah item too

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:01 pm

Based on the community feedback regarding the ancient repair kits, Raj had set up a poll and we have implemented and released the following changes in today's update:
  • Ancient repair kits have been added to the Brimstone Chest drop table at rates of 1 in 6 for 1 kit, or 1 in 100 for 10 kits.
  • Nex will now drop 10 noted repair kits any time you obtain a Nex item as a drop.
  • On death, when a charged Nex item is dropped, a number of noted ancient repair kits will also be dropped equal to the charges you still had on the item, divided by 4000 and rounded down. This is equal to losing one (partially used) kit on death.
More Nex item-related polls will be set up in the near future once we start working on the new and updated Nex with its new items and the actual OSRS Nex map.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:18 pm

W0000t