11 November Updates: QoL and bugfixes

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Korasi2
Premium Donator

Re: 11 November Updates: QoL and bugfixes

Post by Korasi2 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:00 am

antonio loves this update soo sooooo much :kekw:

Attack like
Honor Player

Post by Attack like » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:08 am

dying should remove 4000 charges from nex sets rather then removing all charges imo... only remove all when its a pvp death

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:49 am

Attack like wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:08 am dying should remove 4000 charges from nex sets rather then removing all charges imo... only remove all when its a pvp death
Yea and before anyone goes "WhAt iF Ur <4000" just make it 0 too, so what if you didn't lose the same as someone with 4001 charges.

Seems quite punishing considering nex & mages dont drop like 20 kits and by the point you're using this gear, I'd wager deaths outside of raids or pvp are more often than not "pkh moments" rather than the player making a mistake that deserves to be punished.

With pkh moments I mean bs like cerb hitbox being the size of Texas and lava pools getting spawned at the same time as ghosts. I'm kinda surprised nothing changed after a few cerb events since everyone was complaining about it and repair kits went up to like 200m ea for a while. Stuff that wouldn't have gotten you killed on OSRS but on here some janky pkh mechanic ruckery screwed you over :pogo:

Edit: pls dont force honors to go manually repair gear at an armor stand because its tied to the account. Something like giving em 40k charges by default and doing a check if an account is not an honor before subtracting a charge

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:40 pm

Honors can just spawn in the old items, which are still implemented. They’ll be replaced on a relog but whatever, if that’s troublesome then like, use the new Nex items and fully charge them. Any honor saying “all my deaths are safe and I can spawn literally anything but having to charge my Nex item every 33.3 hours of combat is too much” is tweaking

On charges being fully lost, post a poll if you guys want. The rationale was as I mentioned. Further, if repair kits are to be dropped on the ground on death, you’ll need to either
a. Go unnote them and charge your Nex gear (if they’re dropped noted).
b. Find a way to fit your (up to 10) repair kits in your inventory when you die, and then go charge your Nex gear (if they’re dropped unnoted)
c. If they’re left in the item, you’re dropping charged items on the ground, paving the way for bugs like this one. It’s critical that charged items can’t leave the account without being uncharged.

Also, I think the number of unsafe deaths where people are risking Nex gear is being overestimated heavily. Torva has a guide price of 30B or so. There’s literally like 2 PvM items which could be risked over it, and you’re never wearing one of them along with torva outside of safe contexts like raids. And if you die wearing the best offensive and defensive gear in the game, it stands to reason there should be a substantial cost to that, otherwise Nex gear is just meta spam gear, as it has always been. Like I had mentioned, alternative gear is comparable in every case. There’s no need to use Nex gear if you think you will die in an unsafe way.

Uim killerb
Premium Donator

Post by Uim killerb » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:13 pm

Raj wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:40 pm Honors can just spawn in the old items, which are still implemented. They’ll be replaced on a relog but whatever, if that’s troublesome then like, use the new Nex items and fully charge them. Any honor saying “all my deaths are safe and I can spawn literally anything but having to charge my Nex item every 33.3 hours of combat is too much” is tweaking

On charges being fully lost, post a poll if you guys want. The rationale was as I mentioned. Further, if repair kits are to be dropped on the ground on death, you’ll need to either
a. Go unnote them and charge your Nex gear (if they’re dropped noted).
b. Find a way to fit your (up to 10) repair kits in your inventory when you die, and then go charge your Nex gear (if they’re dropped unnoted)
c. If they’re left in the item, you’re dropping charged items on the ground, paving the way for bugs like this one. It’s critical that charged items can’t leave the account without being uncharged.

Also, I think the number of unsafe deaths where people are risking Nex gear is being overestimated heavily. Torva has a guide price of 30B or so. There’s literally like 2 PvM items which could be risked over it, and you’re never wearing one of them along with torva outside of safe contexts like raids. And if you die wearing the best offensive and defensive gear in the game, it stands to reason there should be a substantial cost to that, otherwise Nex gear is just meta spam gear, as it has always been. Like I had mentioned, alternative gear is comparable in every case. There’s no need to use Nex gear if you think you will die in an unsafe way.
could we mabye do change that its comes untrabel when its charged so i dont have to like waste 3k charges for 1 slayer task

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:18 pm

Uim killerb wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:13 pm could we mabye do change that its comes untrabel when its charged so i dont have to like waste 3k charges for 1 slayer task
It is untradeable when it's charged

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:40 pm

Raj wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:40 pm Honors can just spawn in the old items, which are still implemented. They’ll be replaced on a relog but whatever, if that’s troublesome then like, use the new Nex items and fully charge them. Any honor saying “all my deaths are safe and I can spawn literally anything but having to charge my Nex item every 33.3 hours of combat is too much” is tweaking
It's something that should have been considered. Keep in mind this is 9 pieces of armor, for most it'll be 30 clicks to fully charge 1 piece (right click -> use -> armor stand, 10 times) to get to the magical 33.3 hours. That's 270 clicks if you wanna max out the sets to forget about them for a while. Repairing is tedious and honors deserve at least some QoL like not needing to repair it. It's a stupid thing for a honor to think about. "You got your honor status that you paid ~$100(?) or 50b for and did the command for max stats bro? Ah well, better click the repair stand a bunch of times before you can ::copy me and have fun pvming."

I dislike the fact that honors already take some amount of setup to use like they're being used on pkh (pvm slaves). It's not really what you'd imagine it would be like when you see a bunch of honors running around in comp and bis gear.

It sucks to ::copy. The command doesn't properly work if you don't have charges. That in itself is literally a bug from my POV and a fix would be to give honors unlimited charges. Copy is copy. You shouldn't have to worry about any sort of item charges as a honor because you could get the means to recharge for free anyways.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:00 pm

Fungamer wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:40 pm It's something that should have been considered. Keep in mind this is 9 pieces of armor, for most it'll be 30 clicks to fully charge 1 piece (right click -> use -> armor stand, 10 times) to get to the magical 33.3 hours. That's 270 clicks if you wanna max out the sets to forget about them for a while. Repairing is tedious and honors deserve at least some QoL like not needing to repair it. It's a stupid thing for a honor to think about. "You got your honor status that you paid ~$100(?) or 50b for and did the command for max stats bro? Ah well, better click the repair stand a bunch of times before you can ::copy me and have fun pvming."
It was considered, it wasn't worth the complexity. Keep in mind we do our development essentially on honor accounts. They pay to be able to spawn items (and their other perks), not have unique game systems implemented and attempted to be meshed into the normal system. It takes literally 5 minutes to charge all 10 Nex items, starting with an empty POH, 99 cons, and spawn rights, good for 33.3 hours each.

Uim killerb
Premium Donator

Post by Uim killerb » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:13 pm

Raj wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:18 pm
Uim killerb wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:13 pm could we mabye do change that its comes untrabel when its charged so i dont have to like waste 3k charges for 1 slayer task
It is untradeable when it's charged
yes but i cant put it in lootbag, so if i go do x amout of melee i put 1 kit =4k charges and then i get rang task ill have to uncharged to put in and lose 3k charge everytime to do that its not really viabel in anyway for uims. i dont mind the system put make it abel to store in lootbag or something

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:33 pm

Uim killerb wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:13 pm yes but i cant put it in lootbag, so if i go do x amout of melee i put 1 kit =4k charges and then i get rang task ill have to uncharged to put in and lose 3k charge everytime to do that its not really viabel in anyway for uims. i dont mind the system put make it abel to store in lootbag or something
Untradeables can't go in the looting bag, and charged items can't be tradeable. Those two things can't change. And even if they did go in your looting bag, you would still be risking the 3k charges when you die. Which is consistent with the idea that if you want to have the benefits of using Nex items, you need to charge them. If you don't want to pay the cost of using Nex items, don't use them.

In this case, I'd say you should not use Nex items for a single task, or accept the 2 repair kit per task cost if you want to use them and then proceed to uncharge them or suicide with them. Fortunately, killing Nex to farm repair kits is faster with the teleport option now. You probably also have a lot from when the migration happened and the old charges were refunded as kits. If not, because you're a UIM, that's the cost of playing a gamemode without a bank on a game designed for having a bank.

If you guys want to write actual proposals to rework it, feel free. While I'd like to explain in detail why every single mechanic is the way it is on this thread, I don't have the time for it.

edit: Adding more ancient repair kit sources is totally an option btw. We had decided to put it off because of the influx of ancient repair kits during the migration and wanting to see how things went. Would rather see this addressed that way.