17 August Updates: Mimic, Bloodhound and a new trial developer

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Fungamer
Developer

Re: 17 August Updates: Mimic, Bloodhound and a new trial developer

Post by Fungamer » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:15 pm

Rapsey wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:21 am
Fungamer wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:06 am Pester Mike and Rapsey with PMs asking about developing for pkh
Or, more likely, not pester them (or post things that make them feel bad about it). I suspect these things only encourage avoidance behaviour.

I could be wrong though. Maybe the best people to consult are the ones that did get the shot. Why not ask Nas or Raj how they managed it?
Raj told me that the best way is to literally just keep asking for an update about whatever has been talked about or was agreed on. I disagree with that sentiment since devs are doing volunteer work and if the prospective dev has already shown clear interest, it's up to the other party to actually take them up on it. But then again I do get being somewhat pushy if otherwise it could take up to 6 months or more to hear an update (whatever that update may be) even after an "ok" when just taking the "lets wait and see" approach. :badpokerface:

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:42 pm

Fungamer wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:15 pm Raj told me that the best way is to literally just keep asking for an update about whatever has been talked about or was agreed on. I disagree with that sentiment since devs are doing volunteer work and if the prospective dev has already shown clear interest, it's up to the other party to actually take them up on it. But then again I do get being somewhat pushy if otherwise it could take up to 6 months or more to hear an update (whatever that update may be) even after an "ok" when just taking the "lets wait and see" approach. :badpokerface:
I guess Raj had the advantage of having direct access to Mike through staff chat. You're probably right that continuing to ask is the best move, but given that the problem isn't a lack of desire on our part but just being incredibly busy, if you can only remind Mike when you see him in-game that probably won't achieve much since he's always in the middle of something when he goes in-game.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:15 pm

Rapsey wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:42 pm I guess Raj had the advantage of having direct access to Mike through staff chat.
In all fairness I had given this as a disclaimer as well

Also, worth mentioning there is a line between being annoying and making sure it’s not forgotten. I personally was checking in biweekly to monthly about it.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:35 pm

Fungamer wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:15 pm
Rapsey wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:21 am
Fungamer wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:06 am Pester Mike and Rapsey with PMs asking about developing for pkh
Or, more likely, not pester them (or post things that make them feel bad about it). I suspect these things only encourage avoidance behaviour.

I could be wrong though. Maybe the best people to consult are the ones that did get the shot. Why not ask Nas or Raj how they managed it?

Raj told me that the best way is to literally just keep asking for an update about whatever has been talked about or was agreed on. I disagree with that sentiment since devs are doing volunteer work and if the prospective dev has already shown clear interest, it's up to the other party to actually take them up on it. But then again I do get being somewhat pushy if otherwise it could take up to 6 months or more to hear an update (whatever that update may be) even after an "ok" when just taking the "lets wait and see" approach. :badpokerface:
Do you think this approach will work for an ultra rare sale? @Rapsey @Mike :kekw: :kekw: :jiggly: :doge:

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:39 pm

Will be ok2 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:35 pm Do you think this approach will work for an ultra rare sale? @Rapsey @Mike :kekw: :kekw: :jiggly: :doge:
Rapsey wrote:You're probably right that continuing to ask is the best move, but given that the problem isn't a lack of desire on our part but just being incredibly busy,

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:18 pm

Raj wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:39 pm
Will be ok2 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:35 pm Do you think this approach will work for an ultra rare sale? @Rapsey @Mike :kekw: :kekw: :jiggly: :doge:
Rapsey wrote:You're probably right that continuing to ask is the best move, but given that the problem isn't a lack of desire on our part but just being incredibly busy,
So what you’re saying is daily pings to them will them them annoyed enough where they cave in so the pings stop effecting their daily lives??

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:35 pm

Will be ok2 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:18 pm So what you’re saying is daily pings to them will them them annoyed enough where they cave in so the pings stop effecting their daily lives??
:grumpycat:

I'm not even the owners and the regular "ultra rares pls" pleas kill me.

FWIW, they probably make a load of money on the sales. I'm sure they think about running them. It's just not good for the game so these things need to be done in moderation

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:40 pm

Nope, because there the reason isn't that we've forgotten or haven't gotten around to it. It's that we don't want to do one for the time being. If and when we do it will not be because someone asked for it.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:58 pm

Rapsey wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:40 pm
Nope, because there the reason isn't that we've forgotten or haven't gotten around to it. It's that we don't want to do one for the time being. If and when we do it will not be because someone asked for it.
Even if he says pretty please? You cant say no to James' puppy eyes :badjokeeel:

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:17 am

Rapsey wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:40 pm
Reconsider! Pls :kekw:

But on a serious note you guys should. No ultras forsale in game in MONTHS :prayge: :sadge: