Nightmare - Community PvM event

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Re: Nightmare - Community PvM event

Post by Will be ok2 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:47 am

Sorazery wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:16 am
Will be ok2 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:08 am
Sorazery wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:39 pm

not hating on you cheetahadam, but i dont think there is anyone messing with this. first day ppl in cc already been there for 8-10 hours. but it doesnt matter since they dont recieved a drop. but a random person can get lucky in 10 kills and be higher then them?

@Nazuths you'll hear from me buddy

WYM Bro? It’s perfect.
It’s intended to be trash *I mean perfect*
Maybe just be a better PVM’er?

Nazuths is never the blame it’s everyone else who is the problem.

On a serious note, I don’t mind the RNG based event. But I don’t think it should be this horrible where there has only been 7-8 drops serverwide 14+ hours into the event.
a 'rng' based event for rewards is just dumb, but especially if its at the boss thats already is 'known' for ppl to afk in bigger groups but lets make the leaderboard be based on drops and not ACTUAL DMG or ur participation in the event itself.

grinding ur booty off for a drop thats 1-250 / 1-500 / 1-666 and kills are 3 minutes. very good very nice

I don’t mind the RNG but you are right, should be a degree of fairness. This boss in particular you can just go extremely dry and the punishment is even worse in comparison to others. So I’ll agree with you and say it should be changed.

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:51 am

I disagree with those above me in this post. I think the average should be achieved with people either "grinning" with low hours or high. I would say it's unhealthy if you grinded the entire event to the extreme. I'd rather a cap be placed daily. Dmg induces addiction, RNG induces "Rng"/random. It's hard to say what is best but I would gravitate towards drops

Also not sure how Nazuths got drug through the mud for no reason but I think that was unfair lol

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Sorazery
Premium Donator

Post by Sorazery » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:54 am

Monys wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:51 am I disagree with those above me in this post. I think the average should be achieved with people either "grinning" with low hours or high. I would say it's unhealthy if you grinded the entire event to the extreme. I'd rather a cap be placed daily. Dmg induces addiction, RNG induces "Rng"/random. It's hard to say what is best but I would gravitate towards drops

Also not sure how Nazuths got drug through the mud for no reason but I think that was unfair lol
the 'nazuths dragging' was a joke.

but if a drop was to be expected at droprates which are 1-250 (12.5 hours) / 1-500 (25 hours) / 1-666 (33.3) hours, minus a few hours because of the '20% extra droprate' then you would certainly have to grind right, since the personal goals are based on drops instead of the regular dmg as always.

nightmare is known for the shit drop rates and ppl going dry so the 'unhealthy grind' part goes hand in hand with the personal goal being drop based instead of dmg based. and at this point to get rewards you would either have to be very very very lucky, or grind out the droprates, ppl are 12-15 hours in and 0 drops, so 0 personals goals achieved.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:23 am

I think the event also shines some light on the (visual) glitches that happen when doing nm with a lot of ppl. Nm is laying on the ground and still getting hit, turrets stay fortune specced, ...

Would be a nice opportunity for a dev to just observe what is going on and how to improve the current state of nm, including droprates!

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:15 pm

This entire event being about drops is simply a technical limitation. Due to the unique mechanics of Nightmare that's the only goal we have been able to get to work so far. You tell me if you'd rather have this as an event or no Nightmare community event at all, because that was the choice we had to make.

As for the difficulty in getting a drop (or the grind required), you can just think of the event as +20% drop chance with a bonus reward if you do get a drop, since that's what it is. Perhaps if we had presented it like that instead of calling it a personal goal it would not be perceived as a mandatory grind.

It's unfortunate but drops are the only thing we can do right now and 1 is the lowest number we can assign.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:01 pm

Rapsey wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:15 pm This entire event being about drops is simply a technical limitation. Due to the unique mechanics of Nightmare that's the only goal we have been able to get to work so far. You tell me if you'd rather have this as an event or no Nightmare community event at all, because that was the choice we had to make.

As for the difficulty in getting a drop (or the grind required), you can just think of the event as +20% drop chance with a bonus reward if you do get a drop, since that's what it is. Perhaps if we had presented it like that instead of calling it a personal goal it would not be perceived as a mandatory grind.

It's unfortunate but drops are the only thing we can do right now and 1 is the lowest number we can assign.

What if the goal and leaderboards were based off big bone drops? Aka most damage per kill.

The personal goal could be 5 or 10 big bone drops. With ::pvmleaders reflecting 1 point per big bone drop. This would make slightly more sense IMO. Still slightly RNG based but grinding and dedication will definitely prosper.

Egolith
Premium Donator

Post by Egolith » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:15 pm

Yeah, kinda feared this would happen specifically with nightmare. Doing an increase droprate event for a boss that does the point and mvp system makes it where those who don't reach the 600 damage minimum waste their time as they won't get a drop all. Plus the only real winner of this is the one who can hit mvp a lot, cause they already get the 10% increased drop bonus and then the extra 20% from the event (assuming it's additive). I did find out there was scaling hp for the boss (which is good thankfully), but from the looks of it it's calculated to scale by: [(number of players inside the room at the start of the fight) * 600] / 3 = Total amount of shield hp per phase. That means unless everyone in the room hits 600 damage exactly, then there is no way for everyone to get a drop.

While I might sound critical about this event, I actually do like the idea of having Nightmare events. Though I feel that either one of these two things should happen: 1. Lower the minimum damage threshold to get a drop or increase the hp scaling even further (this is the easier option) or 2. Revamp the Nightmare point system to make it where you remove the minimum requirement and have the drop rate be similar to something like CoX for points. Also, you still could give MVP to the one with the highest point value (would be a lot more work to do, but could be better off in the longrun).

This is my opinion though.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:41 pm

Will be ok2 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:01 pm What if the goal and leaderboards were based off big bone drops? Aka most damage per kill.
Also not an option, sorry. Number of rare drops is the only goal that's possible right now. In the future of course we hope to get kills and damage implemented so we won't need to resort to workarounds like you're suggesting.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:28 pm

Rapsey wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:15 pm This entire event being about drops is simply a technical limitation. Due to the unique mechanics of Nightmare that's the only goal we have been able to get to work so far. You tell me if you'd rather have this as an event or no Nightmare community event at all, because that was the choice we had to make.

I like the idea of the event a lot....

BUT

It should've been postponed till instances were released for nm