Nightmare - Community PvM event

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Rapsey
Sysadmin

Re: Nightmare - Community PvM event

Post by Rapsey » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:22 pm

Egolith wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:37 pm Second this question! Will you guys be dropping the 600 damage minimum so that people get loot in the mass? @Rapsey
I can't answer that with any degree of certainty but I'm not aware of any special tweaks for the event. You'd have to ask the guy who programmed it.

Egolith
Premium Donator

Post by Egolith » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:41 pm

Rapsey wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:22 pm
Egolith wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:37 pm Second this question! Will you guys be dropping the 600 damage minimum so that people get loot in the mass? @Rapsey
I can't answer that with any degree of certainty but I'm not aware of any special tweaks for the event. You'd have to ask the guy who programmed it.
okay, well I assume it'll be adjust or have the hp scaled like Will Be Okay said. Thanks for the response

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:01 am

To be clear, the rewards are based on rare drops only!!! So if you don't get a rare drop, you have no chance of placing for a reward.

As far as minimum damage that you have to do to the Nightmare to be eligible to receive a drop, I have no idea about that.

@Nazuths ???

Uim legolas
Premium Donator

Post by Uim legolas » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:09 pm

As far as I'm aware, you have to do a minimal damage of 600 on the boss for the kill to count.
Per additional player above 5 people, the boss should have 200 more hitpoints per phase, on top of the 2000 it already has per phase.

Having some experience with nightmare on a lower level account, I can assure you I personally won't have a chance when there's anything above a 6-7 man team. Same goes for about everyone that can't afford a decent setup at all, or doesn't really know what he's doing.

Apart from that, everyone with a comp cape or a set up of a few bill should have a decent chance, I'd assume?

Kind of sucks that the event probably will just be me not being able to do nightmare for a week, but in the end I do realize it's my choice to play a restricted account! I just hope noobs with nothing but a chaotic maul will have some kind of chance to join in on the fun aswell!

Egolith
Premium Donator

Post by Egolith » Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:22 pm

Uim legolas wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:09 pm As far as I'm aware, you have to do a minimal damage of 600 on the boss for the kill to count.
Per additional player above 5 people, the boss should have 200 more hitpoints per phase, on top of the 2000 it already has per phase.

Having some experience with nightmare on a lower level account, I can assure you I personally won't have a chance when there's anything above a 6-7 man team. Same goes for about everyone that can't afford a decent setup at all, or doesn't really know what he's doing.

Apart from that, everyone with a comp cape or a set up of a few bill should have a decent chance, I'd assume?

Kind of sucks that the event probably will just be me not being able to do nightmare for a week, but in the end I do realize it's my choice to play a restricted account! I just hope noobs with nothing but a chaotic maul will have some kind of chance to join in on the fun aswell!
I agree, I hope they lower the minimum damage requirement so that more players have a chance at loot. It's gonna suck for those that don't have max or close to max gear on.

Sorazery
Premium Donator

Post by Sorazery » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:09 pm

Iron adam wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:01 am To be clear, the rewards are based on rare drops only!!! So if you don't get a rare drop, you have no chance of placing for a reward.

As far as minimum damage that you have to do to the Nightmare to be eligible to receive a drop, I have no idea about that.

@Nazuths ???
but why, now u can be rewarded for leeching/spooning but a kid that actually grinds the event with no luck gets no reward. pls adamthecheetah exuplain

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:35 pm

Sorazery wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:09 pm
Iron adam wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:01 am To be clear, the rewards are based on rare drops only!!! So if you don't get a rare drop, you have no chance of placing for a reward.

@Nazuths ???
but why, now u can be rewarded for leeching/spooning but a kid that actually grinds the event with no luck gets no reward. pls adamthecheetah exuplain
The nightmare event is coded to only allow for rare drops. Idk why, ask Mike and Nazuths

Sorazery
Premium Donator

Post by Sorazery » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:39 pm

Iron adam wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:35 pm
Sorazery wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:09 pm

@Nazuths ???
The nightmare event is coded to only allow for rare drops. Idk why, ask Mike and Nazuths
not hating on you cheetahadam, but i dont think there is anyone messing with this. first day ppl in cc already been there for 8-10 hours. but it doesnt matter since they dont recieved a drop. but a random person can get lucky in 10 kills and be higher then them?

@Nazuths you'll hear from me buddy

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:08 am

Sorazery wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:39 pm

not hating on you cheetahadam, but i dont think there is anyone messing with this. first day ppl in cc already been there for 8-10 hours. but it doesnt matter since they dont recieved a drop. but a random person can get lucky in 10 kills and be higher then them?

WYM Bro? It’s perfect.
It’s intended to be trash *I mean perfect*
Maybe just be a better PVM’er?

Nazuths is never the blame it’s everyone else who is the problem.

On a serious note, I don’t mind the RNG based event. But I don’t think it should be this horrible where there has only been 7-8 drops serverwide 14+ hours into the event.

Sorazery
Premium Donator

Post by Sorazery » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:16 am

Will be ok2 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:08 am
Sorazery wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:39 pm

WYM Bro? It’s perfect.
It’s intended to be trash *I mean perfect*
Maybe just be a better PVM’er?

Nazuths is never the blame it’s everyone else who is the problem.

On a serious note, I don’t mind the RNG based event. But I don’t think it should be this horrible where there has only been 7-8 drops serverwide 14+ hours into the event.
a 'rng' based event for rewards is just dumb, but especially if its at the boss thats already is 'known' for ppl to afk in bigger groups but lets make the leaderboard be based on drops and not ACTUAL DMG or ur participation in the event itself.

grinding ur booty off for a drop thats 1-250 / 1-500 / 1-666 and kills are 3 minutes. very good very nice