A highly anticipated addition to our most recent minigame, the Chambers of Xeric Challenge Mode has been released! Many thanks to @Nazuths for creating this extra challenge along with its rewards.
Just like in OSRS, challenge mode bosses have +50% hitpoints and each raid consists of every single puzzle and boss room, always in the same order. Because of this, each challenge mode raid will, in itself, result in far more raid points than a regular raid.
To decide whether your next raid will be a regular raid or a challenge mode raid, simply click the red recruiting board outside the entrance and toggle challenge mode on or off (it is disabled by default).
If you manage to beat a challenge mode raid within a set amount of time, you also receive an additional 5,000 raid points and there is a chance to receive one of the following items (on top of the regular loot):
Metamorphic dust (1/300 chance), use this on an Olmlet or Lucky Olmlet pet to turn it into an Olmlet (m) or Lucky Olmet (m), which you can then freely transform into a (Lucky) Tektiny, Enraged Tektiny, Vespina, Flying Vespina, Vanguard, Puppadile or Vasa Minirio pet.
Twisted ancestral colour kit (7/400 chance, so about 1/57), used to recolour and imbue Ancestral set pieces:
- Twisted ancestral hat: provides +9 magic attack (instead of +8)
- Twisted ancestral robe top: provides +38 magic attack (instead of +35)
- Twisted ancestral robe bottom: provides +28 magic attack (instead of +26)
Twisted bow imbue kit (1/400 chance), used to recolour and imbue the Twisted bow. Each variant can be freely recoloured into green, red or purple at any time for free:
The twisted bow (i) has a special attack which consumes 100% special attack energy, increasing your ranged accuracy and damage by 10% for the next 30 seconds. This effect immediately wears off if you unequip the bow. We may decide to buff this special attack in the future based on player feedback.
Each of the above items (metamorphic dust, twisted ancestral imbue kit, twisted ancestral set pieces, twisted bow imbue kit and twisted bow (i)) can be freely traded with other players.
The times to beat in order to receive 5,000 additional raid points and a chance to receive one of the above items depends on your team size and is as follows:
We may decide to tweak these times in the future based on player feedback and completion time statistics.
Completion times of both regular and challenge mode raids are now tracked and displayed on the blue score board outside the entrance. Each team size has their own ranking. Go forth and claim your spot!
The combination of the completionist cape (chaos) and the toxic blowpipe has long been one of the strongest setups in the game, due to the doubling of damage output on rapid mode (from 2 game ticks between attacks to 1 tick between attacks). To prevent this one combination from being the go-to setup in almost every single situation and rendering other top tier weapons nearly useless in comparison, we have decided to rework the passive effect of the completionist cape (chaos). After years of debate on the topic, we are pleased to have found a way to rebalance it without taking away from its sheer power. This proposed change has received overwhelming community support and is now in effect.
As of now, the weapon speed increase of the Completionist cape (chaos) is no longer just +1 tick, but +0.5, +1 or +2 ticks depending on the base attack speed of your weapon:
- The attack speed of 3 tick weapons (Toxic blowpipe, knives and darts) is increased by 1 tick every 2 attacks (alternating between attacking at normal speed and attacking at a +1 tick speed increase), thus +0.5 ticks on average.
- The attack speed of 4 and 5 tick weapons (whips, Ghrazi rapier, Scythe of vitur, ...) is increased by 1 tick (same as before).
- The attack speed of 6+ tick weapons (Twisted bow, Dark bow, Chaotic maul, Elder maul, Godswords, Battleaxes, Warhammers, Dharok's greataxe, ...) is increased by 2 ticks.
- General Graardor
- Commander Zilyana
- K'ril Tsutsaroth
- Dagannoth Prime
- Crazy archaeologist
- Chaos fanatic
- Kalphite queen (both forms)
- Demonic gorilla
- Giant mole
- Lizardman shaman
- The hitpoints of the Barrelchests have been lowered to 134 (from 450) and they are no longer immune to poison or venom (so they match their OSRS version). Their droprates have been halved, but their profitability per hour remains higher than before because of the major HP decrease.
- The droprate of the dragon warhammer for Lizardman shamans has been increased by 40% (7/10,000 instead of 5/10,000).
- Skotizo's defence has been buffed as the new Twisted bow + Completionist cape (chaos) would otherwise make it much faster to kill than before.