29 January Updates: Major NPC defence nerfs

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Arrsenic
Premium Donator

Re: 29 January Updates: Major NPC defence nerfs

Post by Arrsenic » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:41 am

50% boost + fort boost to purps = CoX boring content in 1-2 months, its just frustrating how we keep seeking ease in the game having nothing skill-requiring.

I think this was a serious bad decision that devalues all the effort and the enthusiasm that was invested and built here for CoX.
“The world suffers a lot. Not because of the violence of bad people. But because of the silence of the good people.”

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:03 am

Arrsenic wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:41 am 50% boost + fort boost to purps = CoX boring content in 1-2 months, its just frustrating how we keep seeking ease in the game having nothing skill-requiring.

I think this was a serious bad decision that devalues all the effort and the enthusiasm that was invested and built here for CoX.
Completely disagree. Cox was boring content before when you completed bulk raids with high % unique chance to get fuck all. Very demotivating.

I cam already see it in our cc a lot more people feeling motivated to go for the log/have fun with friends and getting rewarded along the way.

Considering most of the drops are outclassed on release (which isn't a bad thing) the dr bonus stops cox from being dead content.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:04 pm

Brant wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:33 am
Finalizer wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:43 am Has anyone tried pvm again yet? It is better now? For example, fighting frost drags or mith drags with a whip and barrow set.
I have checked with monster examine and all the stats from the monsters I checked are still the same. I don't know if the overall defense modifier is accurately reflected for monster examine, but I feel like it isn't. If that theory is correct then I believe that it was an oversight. Wil latest the monsters more in the next days
The monsters still have the same stats as before, but their defence modifier has not yet been added to the monster examine spell. We'd have to add an extra line to the defence tab, but I wanted to release this update as quickly as I could so I didn't bother to add it to monster examine yet.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:10 pm

Great job listening to the community's response

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:26 pm

Arrsenic wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:41 am 50% boost + fort boost to purps = CoX boring content in 1-2 months, its just frustrating how we keep seeking ease in the game having nothing skill-requiring.

your opinions are bad for the community, obviously
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:44 pm

Stale fish1 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:03 am

Completely disagree. Cox was boring content before when you completed bulk raids with high % unique chance to get fuck all. Very demotivating.

I cam already see it in our cc a lot more people feeling motivated to go for the log/have fun with friends and getting rewarded along the way.

Considering most of the drops are outclassed on release (which isn't a bad thing) the dr bonus stops cox from being dead content.

+1 stale fish

Ephriam
Honor Player

Post by Ephriam » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:56 pm

Before the update to a boost in drops people where getting 1-2 items every 100 kc and normally the drops were scrolls. I think this update saved the minigame. I personally didn’t find the minigame worth doing. The t bow drop rate seemed like it was 1 in 1k or something and if you look at tob only one player did above 1k tobs. Right now it seems like a lot of purples are going into the game but once when gg lsp and lounge slows down their game play to a normal amount the purples are going to slow down with it.

Attack like
Honor Player

Post by Attack like » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:51 pm

They didn’t make cox easier? It’s still the same difficulty just increased drops? Same reason we needed defences nerfed again, we are an rsps. I don’t want to do 1250 20 minute raids for an item that’s barely bis at some places… like cmon. Like stale said just within the last day our cc has had a huge moral boost because it feels like there is an actual reward from doing this content

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:58 pm

Attack like wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:51 pm They didn’t make cox easier? It’s still the same difficulty just increased drops? Same reason we needed defences nerfed again, we are an rsps. I don’t want to do 1250 20 minute raids for an item that’s barely bis at some places… like cmon. Like stale said just within the last day our cc has had a huge moral boost because it feels like there is an actual reward from doing this content
We did. The defence of CoX bosses was lowered further.

Attack like
Honor Player

Post by Attack like » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:59 pm

Rapsey wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:58 pm
Attack like wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:51 pm They didn’t make cox easier? It’s still the same difficulty just increased drops? Same reason we needed defences nerfed again, we are an rsps. I don’t want to do 1250 20 minute raids for an item that’s barely bis at some places… like cmon. Like stale said just within the last day our cc has had a huge moral boost because it feels like there is an actual reward from doing this content
We did. The defence of CoX bosses was lowered further.
Pog then, not doa content