21 January Updates: The Chambers of Xeric

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: 21 January Updates: The Chambers of Xeric

Post by Iron adam » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:30 pm

You are no longer limited to Buy 100 from Junk Store.
Best update ever!!! Dont need my junk store buying bot anymore

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:39 pm

Mike wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:24 am
Will be ok2 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:22 am
Mike wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:53 pm After some consideration, we have come to the conclusion that simply taking NPC OSRS stats 1:1 on PkHonor is not the way our community wants us to go. This is a private server after all and people have always enjoyed faster boss kills. Nobody wants to just keep fighting a boss for 10 minutes straight. As such, we will perform some simulations in the days to come and nerf the defenses of the NPC's in an appropriate manner. Not too much, otherwise chaos blowpipe will just be BIS for every situation again, but not too little so bosses don't take forever to kill. We'll try to find the right balance.
With all due respect I think you absolutely ruined the comp capes especially chaos comp, regular max cape is now BIS compared to ench comps. Like you mentioned this is a private server not osrs we want some level of ez-scape, please revert this change and make ench comps great again.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. The only comp cape we nerfed was the Completionist cape (chaos) with -5 attack and strength bonuses compared to before, all the other comp capes have been left untouched. Being able to hit 1 tick faster with any weapon in the game still makes it an incredibly strong cape to have. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Chaos comp is the comp cape that gets used 98% of the time? The amount of niche situations where people use other ones hardly exist outside of of maging Kraken or dust devils which magic comp cape is used.

Im speaking as someone with a full comp cape set on my main (will be ok) along with another 3-4 accounts that are enchanted comp.

Instead of spending the following days trying to once again fix something that the overwhelming majority believes isn’t broken why not revert it back so people can enjoy the on going dagg king event without having to spend 2-3 minutes to kill something that already net under 1B / HR prior to the update.

Along with all this mentioned aboved someone made a fantastic point about how this update with increasing the defence on NPC’s will absolutely ruin the market and force an even greater wealth gap between people. Please do me a favour and look at the prices of a “berserker ring” compare it now to 1 year agoe. For this particular example a berserker ring (IIRC) was approx 50M 1 year agoe, they’re now actively being sold for 200M+. Such a simple ring for pking, basic pvm etc. so hard to obtain now because it takes a maxed pvmer 2+ minutes to kill a dag king.

I’m sure everyone including myself greatly appreciates the work you’re putting into this server. However like I mentioned countless times in the past (maybe you seen it maybe you didn’t) don’t try to fix things or update things that aren’t broken or aren’t sought after.

I’m 99% sure I could speak for the whole community when I say we would ALL rather you revert the comp cape + npc’s bonus’, then spend the following days to update the vote shop and allow irons to vote. Something that should and kinda needs to be addressed but it’s left in the dark for updates people don’t necessarily want?

Please understand everything I’m saying is with all due respect that I’m speaking strictly from a player stand point who wants to see the server grow and people including myself enjoy the content, I would think that I’m a “vet” after my 6 ish years played and that I understand what the majority of players want.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:55 pm

Sparky96 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:50 am As to the quote above, what can the community as a whole do to assist with making the process easier? What datapoints would you like us to collect and share?
Thank you for offering to help! For what it's worth, it's not that we mind people calling things shit, in some cases they really are. What makes it useful to us is if they can be specific about it. Tell us what you tried and experienced as shit, and how shit it is. :D

I think there are three things in particular that matter the most:
  • Which boss?
  • Which gear, or at the very least which general combat style (melee/ranged/magic/death/...)
  • How unbalanced is it in your opinion? (e.g. it takes 6 minutes to kill, should be more like 3-4)
Sparky96 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:50 am Could you setup a post similar to the bug hunt posts asking for specific feedback on various bosses?
We already did, by making this topic asking people to provide data on how long kills now take for the various bosses and gear setups. ;)