Chambers of Xeric bughunter contest

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Nazuths
Developer

Re: Chambers of Xeric bughunter contest

Post by Nazuths » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:43 pm

Thearlygamer wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:32 pm With Piety activated there doesn't seem to be a difference in the boost given when on pummel mode. Without piety the max hit on attack/defence is 17 while strength is 18, with piety they're all 20.
OSRS Wiki: While the Pummel attack style is chosen, the player's strength bonus is increased based on the player's average defence bonus.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean here, there's only one attack style as you mentioned so doesn't it make sense that if you're able to attack it attacks with that style only? Hence the damage is always the same

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:44 pm

Not sure if it's an updated related to CoX that caused this, but I died at risky barrows and the minions didn't despawn, nor did they agro me after coming back and setting up a cannon.
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:49 pm

Nazuths wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:43 pm
Thearlygamer wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:32 pm With Piety activated there doesn't seem to be a difference in the boost given when on pummel mode. Without piety the max hit on attack/defence is 17 while strength is 18, with piety they're all 20.
OSRS Wiki: While the Pummel attack style is chosen, the player's strength bonus is increased based on the player's average defence bonus.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean here, there's only one attack style as you mentioned so doesn't it make sense that if you're able to attack it attacks with that style only? Hence the damage is always the same
If we only had one attack style as it's supposed to be, then yes. For some reason we are able to attack with other attack styles, but the effect of having it on pummel gives an increase damage based on our defence even though I had no gear on there was a difference in max hit between the 3 attack styles. This won't be a factor if we fix only having 1 attack style option. just found it strange that I have 1 max hit in different attack styles, but with piety it evened them all out.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:09 am

3 points awarded to Theearlygamer for finding a way to still attack with the Dinh's bulwark in defensive mode. This was made possible when attacking with another weapon and then switching to your Dinh's bulwark. You also had to have the "Keep attacking when eating/switching" setting enabled.
1 point awarded to Thearlygamer for the visual bug where a + sign is always shown in front of ranged strength even if you have negative ranged strength. To answer the question, -5 attack and strength bonuses (compared to +10 for other completionist capes) is indeed what we have opted to do for the Completionist cape (chaos) for now, but we are always open to feedback in order to further rebalance our endgame content.

Thearlygamer wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:05 pm Not CoX related, but the Tormented bracelets (or) are msising the +5% magic damage the regular tormented bracelets have, but it does have the +2 prayer which I believe is the reason it must've been an oversight
Thank you for reporting this, I have added the +5% magic damage bonus to the Tormented bracelet (or) to be included with the CoX release.

Thearlygamer wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:09 pm The dragonfire ward has +18 range defence when it should have +68 since I see the twisted buckler has the new updated stats similar to OSRS of +58 range defence.
The Dragonfire ward's melee and ranged defence bonuses depend on how many charges it has, similar to the Dragonfire shield. At 50 charges, it offers +68 ranged defence, so that all seems correct to me.

Thearlygamer wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:18 pm Our Dinh's Bulwark has 3 attack style options vs in OSRS there's only 2.
I'm well aware of this. We didn't want to spend too much time trying to add in the proper Dinh's bulwark combat interface, so we just used this one for now. The Pound stance does exactly the same as the Pummel stance. We'll make sure to fix this combat interface in one of the next updates, but for now at least it should still be fully functional. Just pretend the Pound stance doesn't exist :D

Thearlygamer wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:44 pm Not sure if it's an updated related to CoX that caused this, but I died at risky barrows and the minions didn't despawn, nor did they agro me after coming back and setting up a cannon.
It's the same on the live server, but good find nonetheless. I've applied a fix for them, thank you!

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:41 am

If the dragon claws (i) are a new item to be released at CoX, I see it has +20 stab and +20 slash, now this may not effect the max hit, but the regular dragon claws have a max hit of 21 while the (i) version have a max hit of 20 while they have the same str bonus. They should at least hit the same max hit

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:47 am

Kodai wands street and HA value is 1 gp while not being allowed to alch it at all. I died skulled with it with dragon claws and prot item on and protected it over the claws, this may just be visual, but still wanted to point it out. Also, when you examine it it says the high alch is 1 gp while they really do have an alch value (kodai insignia alchs for 1,250M)

Extra: all CoX rewards have the same 1 gp value atm, but alching them works.

Also Mike, my IGN is 'jump force'

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:55 am

Thearlygamer wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:41 am If the dragon claws (i) are a new item to be released at CoX, I see it has +20 stab and +20 slash, now this may not effect the max hit, but the regular dragon claws have a max hit of 21 while the (i) version have a max hit of 20 while they have the same str bonus. They should at least hit the same max hit
In regards to this bug, it isn't that the claws (i) hit less, apparently when switching between the normal and regular claws adjusting your attack styles (ex: from stab to slash) it doesn't carry over to switch the attack style for the other pair.

If I wear a twisted bow and put it on rapid, but then switch to a magic longbow it should still be on rapid. While if I wear dragon claws on stab, then switch to dragon claws (i) that I left on slash, it'll be on slash instead of migrating to stab like I did with my regular claws.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:00 am

Current rigour and augury scrolls are considered next to worthless. Releasing the + versions from CoX is a good way to make them still have value, but currently the regular versions alch for 2x their + versions alch for. I believe that's either bugged or oversight, the + version should be imo the more expensive version, meaning it should alch for more than their normal counter part.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:03 am

The junk store will buy the dragon claws i for 120m, but the normal version for 240m, while reselling both for 1.2b ea. Considering normal claws atm are 1.5b in eco the i version should sell for more in the junk store.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:04 am

The dragon claws (i) show a drop option instead of a dismantle option