Chambers of Xeric bughunter contest

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Re: Chambers of Xeric bughunter contest

Post by Mike » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:33 pm

5 points to Ur free asf for reporting this bug, thank you! I have fixed this on my own test server (not on the public test server, as we are in the final stages of release and I won't be pushing any last minute bugfixes to the public test server anymore).

Less than 24 hours to go, and less than 48 hours until the final release on the live server!

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:56 pm

Update: due to a bug in our deployment system, the clients that connect to our public Chambers of Xeric test server were broken since today. Please download the latest CoX test client again here (or the new portable version) in order to connect to this test server today.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:05 pm

Not CoX related, but the Tormented bracelets (or) are msising the +5% magic damage the regular tormented bracelets have, but it does have the +2 prayer which I believe is the reason it must've been an oversight
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:09 pm

The dragonfire ward has +18 range defence when it should have +68 since I see the twisted buckler has the new updated stats similar to OSRS of +58 range defence.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:18 pm

Our Dinh's Bulwark has 3 attack style options vs in OSRS there's only 2.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:21 pm

You are able to attack in defence style with the Dihn's even though you're not supposed to.
from the OSRS wiki: "While the Block attack style is chosen, players lose the ability to attack, but incoming damage is reduced by 20%"

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:24 pm

If you switch between the dinh's and your last weapon you're able to reap benefits of offence and defence, when this shouldn't be a thing.

OSRS Wiki: There is an 8-tick (4.8 seconds) delay before the damage reduction applies after switching to the bulwark, to prevent players from equipping it on a defence tick and switching back to a more damaging weapon for the attack tick. Changing attack style from 'Block' attack style to the 'Pummel' attack style, will cause a 10-tick (6.0 seconds) delay when trying to attack.

Also on the post above me, we do have some type of barrier to attacking with the Dinh's as posted below, but when switching from one weapon to the dinh's if it's fast enough you're able to attack in defence still.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:27 pm

Thearlygamer wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:09 pm The dragonfire ward has +18 range defence when it should have +68 since I see the twisted buckler has the new updated stats similar to OSRS of +58 range defence.
The Dragonfire Ward works as intended, it converts dragonfire ward charges to defence bonuses, so at 50 charges, ranged defence is +68, at 0 it's +18

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:32 pm

With Piety activated there doesn't seem to be a difference in the boost given when on pummel mode. Without piety the max hit on attack/defence is 17 while strength is 18, with piety they're all 20.
OSRS Wiki: While the Pummel attack style is chosen, the player's strength bonus is increased based on the player's average defence bonus.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:39 pm

So I guess this is the route we're taking for the chaos comp nerf? But the report is that there's a + and - sign for the ranged strength bonus.