23 December Updates: Christmas event

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Uim legolas
Premium Donator

Re: 23 December Updates: Christmas event

Post by Uim legolas » Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:14 pm

Empty wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:24 am Alot of people seem to be upset about the gnome scarf as a reward.
Mostly because it's an "OG" Item, but having that scarf doesn't mean you are og.
If you are OG you can show it to people without showing off the scarf you obtained at 2012 and then quit for 4 years shortly after.

People have to realize that we've had halloween events before that gave ring of charos as reward with some other nice uniques.
I think we had ring of charos 2 years in a row, nobody complained about that because it didn't come out at 2012 initially whatsoever.

Also how it works on oldschool is that they barely get any new rewards for these holiday events, they just keep giving out the same ones
basically every year, maybe once every 2 years they implement new rewards,
But yea, I added gnome scarf in the reward pool as a joke initially (ofcourse i'd love if we had gotten it), like we did actually!
And yea, there's many players that started prior to the first handout of gnome scarfs that didn't manage to get their hands on one.. Just like myself.

I think how we want to go forward from now on is, every 2 years or so hand out the rewards that we had the last holiday event, so everyone can have a chance to get these rewards at some point.
I'm speaking on a lot of new players' behalf when i say that Gnome scarf is a very nice item and they'd like to get their hands on one, but they couldn't because it was a milestone for the OG players.

So many times i've been asked how to get a gnome scarf, and i sadly have to say it's not obtainable in the game anymore.

Also "OG's" Don't forget that the 2012 or whatever christmas event had other rewards such as the santa outfit, gloves, boots that are sexy aswell.
You get to flex with those until they are released again (if that is going to happen)

Most importantly, yourself should know that you are an older player, and you shouldn't need to prove it to anyone by wearing a specific item.
Go flex your mahogany bookcase, or other achievements.

I've spoken!
Merry Christmas everyone!
Talking about those santa boots and gloves, they're glitched affff

Lykos
Premium Donator

Post by Lykos » Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:31 pm

Fungamer wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:51 pm Vets whining about their exclusive items is stupid. Especially because the scarf is a pretty basic cosmetic, everyone should have access to those to make their fashionscape. Leave the crazy shit like dkite or odd pets like the head/snow imp to be discontinued or ultra rare, those aren't essential to making some "basic" fashionscape outfits
:prayge:
THE DISCONTINUED-DRIVEN RUNESCAPE PRIVATE SERVER

Rest In Peace Lieven

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:09 am

Empty wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:24 am Alot of people seem to be upset about the gnome scarf as a reward.
The "lot" of people who are upset
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy