5 November Updates - QoL improvements

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

5 November Updates - QoL improvements

Post by Mike » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:17 pm

First of all, we have changed the combat XP modifier to 1,000 (which used to be 950). Aside from the global 5.26% bonus combat XP and having properly rounded numbers in your XP counters, it will now be easier to see how much damage you dealt in combat simply by looking at the digits before the comma.
You will also no longer receive magic XP for the initial casting of a combat spell, considering this only gave a negligible amount of XP anyway. You will obviously still receive 1000 magic XP per damage you deal with combat spells.

We have also made some improvements to the XP drops in combat. First of all, drops for shared combat XP (attack/defence/strength, ranged/defence and magic/defence) will now show up as a single line, displaying the combined amount of XP gained. Secondly, whenever you receive bonus combat XP (from bonus XP events, brawling gloves or bonus XP in the wilderness), the drop will be split among two lines: one line with the damage x1000 and a second line with the bonus XP. This way, you can easily determine the damage dealt simply by looking at the bottom line:

Furthermore, whenever an ironman is in PvP combat, you have locked your XP or you already have 2B XP in a skill, a fake XP drop will be shown indicating the amount of XP you would have normally gained (no bonuses will be shown for combat XP). Instead of orange, this text is shown in white, so you know you're not actually gaining any XP:

Another much requested feature: stacks of items on the same floor tile are now sorted according to their market value (most expensive item at the top, least expensive item at the bottom).
Note that untradeable items will always show up on top of everything else and be shown in purple. To this end, they are considered to have a value of 10T plus their actual value (this fake value of 10T+ is not used anywhere else, it is purely to display it with its proper order and colour).

In other news:
  • Serpentine and magma blowpipes now have their own charges and darts, separate from the toxic blowpipe (similar to the serpentine and magma helms, who have their own charges). Players who have one of these two blowpipes, but who do not have a toxic blowpipe on their account (and are thus unable to retrieve any scales or darts) will have their toxic blowpipe charges and darts be automatically transferred to their serpentine or magma blowpipe, whichever they equip first. Other players who have both a toxic blowpipe and a charged serpentine/magma blowpipe will find their serpentine/magma blowpipe empty, but can transfer their scales and darts by unloading and uncharging their toxic blowpipe.
  • Cerberus is now considered a demonic creature, meaning demonbane weapons (such as arclight) are now stronger against it.
  • The junk store salesman now has a "Trade-tickets" right-click option, opening a store where you can buy and sell 100M and 1B tickets.
  • Added the ::nm command to check how many players are currently fighting the Nightmare of Ashihama.

Empty
Honor Player

Re: 5 November Updates - QoL improvements

Post by Empty » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:22 pm

great looking update!
good job!

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:27 pm

Love the update! The sorting will be nice.

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:35 pm

My concern, wasn't the XP values used when knowing if your opponent was entangled or not? Seems like it was a little oversight to remove them

Whiist
Premium Donator

Post by Whiist » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:46 pm

Great looking update :afro: thx Mike
Pigeon Force

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:04 pm

Brant wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:35 pm My concern, wasn't the XP values used when knowing if your opponent was entangled or not? Seems like it was a little oversight to remove them
You'd get magic XP for casting the spell either way, even if it splashed, so I don't think that should be an issue. I also felt that people might want to get the nice rounded numbers and the very small amount of magic XP would only clutter the XP drops anyway. If there are genuine reasons to keep the magic XP on cast, please do let me know.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:05 pm

Great QoLs! I like

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:06 pm

woot

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:12 pm

Maybe if I read it all again I'll see some justice for Juntow in there.
#Justice4Church

Iron reck
Premium Donator

Post by Iron reck » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:17 pm

As much as I like the QoL update can all development time be put into releasing Chambers of Xeric. Im sure the community is willing to overlook a lack of updates for the foreseeable future as long as CoX gets released as the next update.
ImageImage