22 August Updates: Nightmare improvements

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Empty
Honor Player

Re: 22 August Updates: Nightmare improvements

Post by Empty » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:57 am

Purex666 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:02 am Just stick the nightmare into a room like godwars with 15k hp and let us at it. Make drops like any other boss one Kill one drop. whys make everything complicated.
We are a “RSPS” we’re not OSRS or even RuneScape 3.
This is all i had to read tbh

Jayden
Game Administrator

Post by Jayden » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:30 am

Purex666 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:02 am Just stick the nightmare into a room like godwars with 15k hp and let us at it. Make drops like any other boss one Kill one drop. whys make everything complicated.

The old school bosses are the best way to do anything.
simple and effective. All pvmers wanna do is chill and watch Netflix and have something to kill.

Ofc add like the parasites that have to be killed other wise boss heals..

However I like how it worked on launch day.

If one of the players in this group of 20 dealt 1,500 damage in total, then their drop rate for an inquisitor's mace is 1,500/15,000 * 1/200 * = 0.1 * 1/200 = 1/2,000.

This would mean the more Alts some one has afking not that I’m afking.
Makes for more damage to gain making 1500/15000 to say 3000/15000 = *1/200* = 0.2 * 1/200 = 1/1000 ??????
This would mean players could pay players to add alt have main kill boss to gain as much damage as possible. To get the best possible drop ratio? If this is true.. then this is a WOW pvp scaling repeat.
This is why WOW fails in pvp. scaling kills game's.

Let me know if I’m wrong mike..
I wanna understand.
However good work on copying from osrs.

ill add to this and say this is not the best idea youve had, ever. do you want nightmare to be afk as well to make it some boring ass content? youre trying to justify a reason to have your 4 alts there but this isnt it. when we have instances then sure, your alts can afk but for the time being majority of us dont want any of what you have suggest. this isnt a wow scaling repeat this is literally osrs content which is higher tier instead of afkmanmode which is what you want. you can still have the scale cost youre suggesting when we get instances (which we ARE getting btw). once instances come out and we can decide the teams we want and who we want on the team i highly doubt mike is going to change major content to please the only person ingame with 4 deaths to afk some content
May the Big tiddy goth bitches surround you forever, Fly High my friend.<3

Purex666
Honor Player

Post by Purex666 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:59 am

Pkh takeover wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:30 am

simple and effective. All pvmers wanna do is chill and watch Netflix and have something to kill.

If one of the players in this group of 20 dealt 1,500 damage in total, then their drop rate for an inquisitor's mace is 1,500/15,000 * 1/200 * = 0.1 * 1/200 = 1/2,000.

Makes for more damage to gain making 1500/15000 to say 3000/15000 = *1/200* = 0.2 * 1/200 = 1/1000 ??????
This would mean players could pay players to add alt have main kill boss to gain as much damage as possible. To get the best possible drop ratio? If this is true.. then this is a WOW pvp scaling repeat.

I wanna understand.

ill add to this and say this is not the best idea youve had, ever. do you want nightmare to be afk as well to make it some boring ass content? youre trying to justify a reason to have your 4 alts there but this isnt it. when we have instances then sure, your alts can afk but for the time being majority of us dont want any of what you have suggest. this isnt a wow scaling repeat this is literally osrs content which is higher tier instead of afkmanmode which is what you want. you can still have the scale cost youre suggesting when we get instances (which we ARE getting btw). once instances come out and we can decide the teams we want and who we want on the team i highly doubt mike is going to change major content to please the only person ingame with 4 deaths to afk some content
You think I want afkermode? Bro I’ve got 4K kill count at nex. You have anyclue how much clicking that is? You think nightmare is much different? Other then bugs popping out and walker adds.. comon now.. my point was scaling is a bad thing that can be manipulated to get drops. So it’s a good and bad thing that instances are coming out. More of a bad thing then good. For example a normal run of 5 players is a max of 2k shields x3 thats 6000 dps to kill boss
Mace is 1/500 all that needs to happen is one account needs to do 3000/6000 to get 0.5 ><500/0.5= 1/1000 drop rate on helm. So basically whoever you invite you want them to be bad so you can get more DPS in to get a better drop ratio for your self meaning your going to be fighting for dps in your instances.

Jayden
Game Administrator

Post by Jayden » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:12 pm

Purex666 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:59 am You think I want afkermode? Bro I’ve got 4K kill count at nex. You have anyclue how much clicking that is? You think nightmare is much different? Other then bugs popping out and walker adds.. comon now.. my point was scaling is a bad thing that can be manipulated to get drops. So it’s a good and bad thing that instances are coming out. More of a bad thing then good. For example a normal run of 5 players is a max of 2k shields x3 thats 6000 dps to kill boss
Mace is 1/500 all that needs to happen is one account needs to do 3000/6000 to get 0.5 ><500/0.5= 1/1000 drop rate on helm. So basically whoever you invite you want them to be bad so you can get more DPS in to get a better drop ratio for your self meaning your going to be fighting for dps in your instances.
thats really not how instances work at all, theyre fairly scaled so you cant just boost loot like you say. if scaling was a bad thing do you truly believe any of us high tier pvmers wouldnt be abusing it in tob. i stand by my statement the only thing that needs to be changed with this boss is instances, its fine the way it is otherwise

Purex666
Honor Player

Post by Purex666 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:19 pm

Pkh takeover wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:12 pm
Purex666 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:59 am You think I want afkermode? Bro I’ve got 4K kill count at nex. You have anyclue how much clicking that is? You think nightmare is much different? Other then bugs popping out and walker adds.. comon now.. my point was scaling is a bad thing that can be manipulated to get drops. So it’s a good and bad thing that instances are coming out. More of a bad thing then good. For example a normal run of 5 players is a max of 2k shields x3 thats 6000 dps to kill boss
thats really not how instances work at all, theyre fairly scaled so you cant just boost loot like you say. if scaling was a bad thing do you truly believe any of us high tier pvmers wouldnt be abusing it in tob. i stand by my statement the only thing that needs to be changed with this boss is instances, its fine the way it is otherwise
The droprate for each individual player depends on the amount of damage they dealt compared to the total damage dealt to the boss during the entire fight. For a group size of 20, the total damage dealt should be 15,000 (5000 HP times 3 for three phases, although this will be higher if the Nightmare was healed by parasites).

The MVP, the player who dealt the most damage of all, receives an additional 5% bonus drop chance. If this player who dealt 1,500 damage is the MVP, then their drop chance for an inquisitor's mace is increased to 1.05 * 1/2,000 = 1/1,905.

Taken from the top of this post from mike have fun and GL

Jayden
Game Administrator

Post by Jayden » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:25 pm

Purex666 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:19 pm The droprate for each individual player depends on the amount of damage they dealt compared to the total damage dealt to the boss during the entire fight. For a group size of 20, the total damage dealt should be 15,000 (5000 HP times 3 for three phases, although this will be higher if the Nightmare was healed by parasites).

The MVP, the player who dealt the most damage of all, receives an additional 5% bonus drop chance. If this player who dealt 1,500 damage is the MVP, then their drop chance for an inquisitor's mace is increased to 1.05 * 1/2,000 = 1/1,905.

mike is more than smart enough to have already thought this all through. unless someone can prove otherwise which those numbers dont. the scaling works exactly how it is meant to

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:41 pm

Pkh takeover wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:30 am

I wanna understand.

He never had a bright idea.

Purex666
Honor Player

Post by Purex666 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:13 pm

Pkh takeover wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:25 pm
Purex666 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:19 pm The droprate for each individual player depends on the amount of damage they dealt compared to the total damage dealt to the boss during the entire fight. For a group size of 20, the total damage dealt should be 15,000 (5000 HP times 3 for three phases, although this will be higher if the Nightmare was healed by parasites).

mike is more than smart enough to have already thought this all through. unless someone can prove otherwise which those numbers dont. the scaling works exactly how it is meant to
They are mikes numbers for a 20 man group… I just copied and pasted from the top XD word for word.