25 July Updates: cache update, QoL features, bugfixes

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

25 July Updates: cache update, QoL features, bugfixes

Post by Mike » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:59 pm

First of all, we have performed another major cache update to bring our cache up to date with the latest version of OSRS (that is, as it was on 23 June 2021), allowing us to implement any of the new items, NPC's, locations or other features that OSRS has introduced in the past year.

There is a very real chance that this cache update will lead to strange bugs, such as wrong NPC's, unwalkable tiles or objects that you can no longer properly interact with. Please report any bugs you find in our bug reports forum so we can fix them as quickly as possible.

The price of the donator status and premium status in the donator store has been lowered to 1,500 donator credits each (down from 2,000 donator credits each). This was done in consideration with the fact that donator credits have become far more expensive to buy from other players during recent months, making it much harder for newer players to grind the in-game money needed to buy these statuses.

While trading, you can now offer all the items from your inventory with a single click on the "Offer all" button.

Apparently, this was already suggested and accepted by us 7 years ago, but this item on my to-do list got lost to history until very recently :oops:.

There is now a hitpoint bar overlay in the top-left corner of your screen, displaying the current and maximum hitpoints of your opponent while in combat. This applies to both PvM and PvP. The opponent's hitpoints are not updated when they eat or heal, only when they are hit.
This overlay can be toggled off in your ::settings, but is enabled by default.

You can now press the "TAB" key more than once in order to quick-reply to a different player (starting with the most recent person who talked to you in PM). Once you reached the last person in the list, pressing TAB once more will make you reply to the most recent PM again.

When hitting an NPC with a whip of fortune special attack, you will now see a visible overlay above the NPC's head to indicate it has been marked and will have a 1% bonus drop chance on death. We made sure this icon would not interfere with other overhead icons, such as protection prayers.

In other news:
  • You can now talk to the master of each skill again to obtain a 2B XP cape. This was broken in the update that introduced the STASHer.
  • A bug has been fixed where Vet'ion or Scorpia, when spawned through a summoner, would disrupt PvP combat in single combat zones.
  • The elder chaos druids at the chaos altar have managed to banish the WildyWyrm, preventing it from spawning at the chaos altar again in the future.
  • A bug has been fixed where the contents of an inventory or equipment preset might get mixed up with the contents of a previous preset under certain conditions. Just so you know, this bug did not lead to loss of items.
  • You can no longer attack the TzHaar-Ket in front of the fight caves entrance (although lacking an "Attack" option, players could attack it by using magic).
  • When an abyssal tentacle is nearly depleted when used in combat, it will now correctly show the amount of charges you still have left.

Monys
Forum Addict

Re: 25 July Updates: cache update, QoL features, bugfixes

Post by Monys » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:02 pm

Love seeing new updates! Fortune and HP overlays are amazing!

Great work Dev team!

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:05 pm

only a few changes, but they are some great changes!
thank you for this update <3

Frigate
Premium Donator

Post by Frigate » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:06 pm

Super excited for new HP bars! <3

Kash

Post by Kash » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:37 pm

Image <-- Click Here!

Whiist
Premium Donator

Post by Whiist » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:49 pm

Let's goooo! Always hype to see a new update! :thumbsup:

Edit: My client was having issues starting after the recent update. I uninstalled and redownloaded it and now it's working just fine again. Try this if you're having issues. :D
Last edited by Whiist on Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pigeon Force

Hcmoose
One Hit Wonder

Post by Hcmoose » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:51 pm

is anyone backonline? i try to click anything on the launcher and it just x loggs essentially :P

edit: im assuming its just taking some time to update just thought i'd ask

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:01 pm

Hcmoose wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:51 pm is anyone backonline? i try to click anything on the launcher and it just x loggs essentially :P

My apologies, I broke the client in the last update. Please head over to our "Play" page to download a new client.

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:08 pm

Hcmoose wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:51 pm is anyone backonline? i try to click anything on the launcher and it just x loggs essentially :P

yessir