If you are not attacking anyone, should you always be able to see who's attacking you?

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.

If you are not following or attacking anyone, should you always see who is attacking you?

Yes, always display whoever is attacking you on the top of the pile
60%
No, leave it how it currently is
26%
I don't care
14%

Total votes: 50

Mike
Programmer

If you are not attacking anyone, should you always be able to see who's attacking you?

Post by Mike » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:57 pm

Someone recently complained that while in the wilderness, they are unable to see whoever is attacking them when a whole group of players is piled on top of each other and one of them is attacking you: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=82940. According to some, this is also how it works in OSRS.

As you may know, when you are following/attacking another player, that player will always be shown on top of everyone else on the same tile. However, the same does not apply when being attacked.

The question is: if you are not following or attacking any other player or NPC, should you be able to see whoever is currently attacking you by always showing that player on top of everyone else?

Brant
Fanatic

Re: If you are not attacking anyone, should you always be able to see who's attacking you?

Post by Brant » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:58 pm

I'm dumb, which option is the osrs option. That's the one I vote for

Mike
Programmer

Re: If you are not attacking anyone, should you always be able to see who's attacking you?

Post by Mike » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:02 pm

Brant wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:58 pm I'm dumb, which option is the osrs option. That's the one I vote for
As far as I know, in OSRS you will often not be able to see who is attacking you when they are standing in a pile. So the OSRS option is the second one ("No, leave it how it currently is").

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:05 pm

People you're attacking should still take rendering precedence over someone who's attacking you. But if you're not doing damage then yeah I don't see any reasons the person attacking you shouldn't be displayed on top, other than inconsistency with OSRS, though I'd say that might not be a bad thing in this case.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:05 pm

Leave it as it is, it's been like this on PkHonor forever, and this is also the OSRS way. So no, you shouldn't be able to see who's attacking you, if you're not attacking

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:41 pm

Fine either way
#Justice4Church

Uim legolas
Premium Donator

Post by Uim legolas » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:25 pm

I mean as the person being piled, all you have to do is put on your auto retaliate for a second, or figure out who's currently on you by attacking that person.

Never seen this as an obstacle while tanking, it's more like something that has always been that way.

Voted for it to stay this way, but hey won't make me lose any sleep if it changes.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:52 pm

The only people who will downvote this is underdogs 2.0 because they rag pile pkers that don’t have 20+ rag accounts to stand under.. whoever is “focus” on you should always appear on top and should be a single left click to attack back. This also prevents underdogs 2.0 from skull tricking pvmers and pkers who would rather not risk their +3

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:58 pm

Will be ok2 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:52 pm The only people who will downvote this is underdogs 2.0 because they rag pile pkers that don’t have 20+ rag accounts to stand under.. whoever is “focus” on you should always appear on top and should be a single left click to attack back. This also prevents underdogs 2.0 from skull tricking pvmers and pkers who would rather not risk their +3
Damn I think you got outplayed too hard for it to be running this deep. Whatever, I'll change my vote from don't care to changing it to help you out.
Hmm can't change vote so just add one yes vote.

But I don't see how it's a problem because in multi everyone in that pile could be attacking you and I rather don't see a flickering character on top. So needs to have a threshold if this is implemented. Maybe in singles fall in when you are piled but then again when they attack you from underneath its already too late for it to matter. Doesn't it show already at that point anyways?

It's not an issue for skull tricking anyways. It should also be only for your own client else it would become an issue. So take that into account when coding it.
#Justice4Church

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:06 am

The underdog wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:58 pm
Will be ok2 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:52 pm The only people who will downvote this is underdogs 2.0 because they rag pile pkers that don’t have 20+ rag accounts to stand under.. whoever is “focus” on you should always appear on top and should be a single left click to attack back. This also prevents underdogs 2.0 from skull tricking pvmers and pkers who would rather not risk their +3
Damn I think you got outplayed too hard for it to be running this deep. Whatever, I'll change my vote from don't care to changing it to help you out.
Hmm can't change vote so just add one yes vote.

I wouldn’t call it being outplayed Mark. When you’ve got 20+ accounts called rev ragger1-50 all geared in the same stuff while being the same combat level. This along with a clan full of people who bought BM with PKP (which was a shit idea to implement and ruined pking / wild for new players and new pkers even more) you cannot guess who is focusing on you because it could be anyone in OP gear and it won’t matter how good of a pker you are it’s near impossible to tank or escape. At least once it changes where the person attacking you (also known as the focuser) is on the top of everyone and can be attacked back by a single left click it gives real pkers a chance to actually fight back without having to null click attack on 10 people.