If you are not attacking anyone, should you always be able to see who's attacking you?

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.

If you are not following or attacking anyone, should you always see who is attacking you?

Yes, always display whoever is attacking you on the top of the pile
60%
No, leave it how it currently is
26%
I don't care
14%

Total votes: 50

Nazuths
Developer

Re: If you are not attacking anyone, should you always be able to see who's attacking you?

Post by Nazuths » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:23 am

Will be ok2 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:06 am
The underdog wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:58 pm
Will be ok2 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:52 pm The only people who will downvote this is underdogs 2.0 because they rag pile pkers that don’t have 20+ rag accounts to stand under.. whoever is “focus” on you should always appear on top and should be a single left click to attack back. This also prevents underdogs 2.0 from skull tricking pvmers and pkers who would rather not risk their +3
Damn I think you got outplayed too hard for it to be running this deep. Whatever, I'll change my vote from don't care to changing it to help you out.
Hmm can't change vote so just add one yes vote.

I wouldn’t call it being outplayed Mark. When you’ve got 20+ accounts called rev ragger1-50 all geared in the same stuff while being the same combat level. This along with a clan full of people who bought BM with PKP (which was a shit idea to implement and ruined pking / wild for new players and new pkers even more) you cannot guess who is focusing on you because it could be anyone in OP gear and it won’t matter how good of a pker you are it’s near impossible to tank or escape. At least once it changes where the person attacking you (also known as the focuser) is on the top of everyone and can be attacked back by a single left click it gives real pkers a chance to actually fight back without having to null click attack on 10 people.
I'm unsure how the rev ragger accounts are relevant to this suggestion, they're only used in multi combat where obviously this shouldn't matter nor apply?

Currently it's already possible to attack and see the person who is attacking you with 1 left click, it's actually the auto retaliate button. This happens the same on OSRS, no one there has ever complained about it being an issue since there's already a solution for it. And trust me, the fall ins of clans on OSRS are at least 10x the amount of maxed pkers that will fall in on u on PkHonor.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Re: If you are not attacking anyone, should you always be able to see who's attacking you?

Post by Will be ok2 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:27 am

Nazuths wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:23 am
Will be ok2 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:06 am
The underdog wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:58 pm

Damn I think you got outplayed too hard for it to be running this deep. Whatever, I'll change my vote from don't care to changing it to help you out.
Hmm can't change vote so just add one yes vote.

I wouldn’t call it being outplayed Mark. When you’ve got 20+ accounts called rev ragger1-50 all geared in the same stuff while being the same combat level. This along with a clan full of people who bought BM with PKP (which was a shit idea to implement and ruined pking / wild for new players and new pkers even more) you cannot guess who is focusing on you because it could be anyone in OP gear and it won’t matter how good of a pker you are it’s near impossible to tank or escape. At least once it changes where the person attacking you (also known as the focuser) is on the top of everyone and can be attacked back by a single left click it gives real pkers a chance to actually fight back without having to null click attack on 10 people.
I'm unsure how the rev ragger accounts are relevant to this suggestion, they're only used in multi combat where obviously this shouldn't matter nor apply?

Currently it's already possible to attack and see the person who is attacking you with 1 left click, it's actually the auto retaliate button. This happens the same on OSRS, no one there has ever complained about it being an issue since there's already a solution for it. And trust me, the fall ins of clans on OSRS are at least 10x the amount of maxed pkers that will fall in on u on PkHonor.
It work more directed at the ragger accounts following you to singles twords the exit, also I mentioned a clan of people in battle Mage, clearly it’s a problem on here and people want it changed. You weren’t born last night, the votes show the majority of people would rather it be changed and rightfully so. If this wasn’t an issue I’m doubtful mike would have brought it up.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:27 am

I think this one should be done how it is on OSRS.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:39 am

I've only seen 2 people give arguments why they think it should be changed, 1 with okay arguments and 1 just complaining that he's just not good enough so he wants it to be easier for his personal situation. Nothing about the current mechanics are broken nor is there any good reason for such a major change. People have always complained our PvP system should be more like that of OSRS, but instead we are here changing one of the few things that are in line with OSRS, it baffles me.

I don't think numbers necessarily matter if the people voting for that option don't come with good arguments for a change, for all I know @Will be ok2 told everyone to vote for the option that benefits him the most, which is convenient since the votes are anonymous. I'd like to see who votes for and against on topics like these so the people who voted for an option can also be challenged to give good arguments.

I stand by the fact this IS NOT an issue on PkHonor if you know what you're doing, if it IS an issue for you, then instead of asking for a change, learn how to work around it. The opposing clans always come with non-issues and pose them as if they are server wide issues then ask for a change and get a majority of their people to vote in favor of change.

Just because you don't know how to kill Alchemical Hydra, doesn't mean Alchemical Hydra is broken or needs a rework, you should learn how to do it instead, same goes for these kind of issues

IMO.

Djfatzy
Premium Donator

Post by Djfatzy » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:03 am

I agree that this should be kept how it is, it really isn't that big of a problem to most people and as said before, we all want the combat system for pvp to be like OSRS so we shouldn't be trying to change it IMO.

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:11 am

Leave as it is, PKing doesn't need to be nerfed sligthly every update
although we've seen some amazing buffs recently like the magic accuracy etc etc
i just personally feel like clicking 'follow' or auto retaliate is not that hard.

thank you. :shock:

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:08 am

The issue with the follow thing is if there's over like 3 accounts following you with only one attacking, following all of them just to see who the attacker is and what they're using is just unnecessary. It should be a given that if you're taking damage, you can see who's doing it and how they're doing it. There's no game that comes to mind with a combat system where switching gear/loadouts in PvP is a thing but you also can't see what the person you're fighting is wearing or using. Besides a few like Hearthstone and Forts I guess, but in those its usually an intentional mechanic which applies even in 1v1 play. No game rewards teaming against soloers as much as this one. And even with the team-based PvP imbalances aside, I'm fairly certain this isn't even an intentional mechanic and is just a product of really bad game design from 2007 that no one at Jamflex cared to address for the past decade and a half.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:22 am

Nazuths wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:39 am I've only seen 2 people give arguments why they think it should be changed, 1 with okay arguments and 1 just complaining that he's just not good enough so he wants it to be easier for his personal situation. Nothing about the current mechanics are broken nor is there any good reason for such a major change. People have always complained our PvP system should be more like that of OSRS, but instead we are here changing one of the few things that are in line with OSRS, it baffles me.

I don't think numbers necessarily matter if the people voting for that option don't come with good arguments for a change, for all I know @Will be ok2 told everyone to vote for the option that benefits him the most, which is convenient since the votes are anonymous. I'd like to see who votes for and against on topics like these so the people who voted for an option can also be challenged to give good arguments.

I stand by the fact this IS NOT an issue on PkHonor if you know what you're doing, if it IS an issue for you, then instead of asking for a change, learn how to work around it. The opposing clans always come with non-issues and pose them as if they are server wide issues then ask for a change and get a majority of their people to vote in favor of change.

Just because you don't know how to kill Alchemical Hydra, doesn't mean Alchemical Hydra is broken or needs a rework, you should learn how to do it instead, same goes for these kind of issues

IMO.
Funny you say it's not an issue but have never been on the other side of it.

Even funnier how you guys support all the "keep it like osrs" polls that only give you an advantage 😂😂

Even more funnier then the previous funny is the GOT ending

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:38 am

Bruh just change whatever you need to set it to your liking and conquer the wildy, as long as it's equal for everyone. But when there's quirky bugs and wasted dev time over something that 99.9% couldn't care less about it's a bad tradeoff.
#Justice4Church

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:00 am

Will be ok2 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:06 am I wouldn’t call it being outplayed Mark. When you’ve got 20+ accounts called rev ragger1-50 all geared in the same stuff while being the same combat level.
It's like naruto using shadow clone jutsu